collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 664
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Valuable Childhood Ponies in Your Collection?  (Read 5002 times)

Offline Leopard_Print_Unicorn

• New Wave pony on your Lisa Frank notebook
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Thread:
Valuable Childhood Ponies in Your Collection?
« on: April 08, 2012, 01:09:45 PM »
There was a thread a few weeks back asking who was in your childhood herd, and it got me thinking about where all the "rare" and "valuable" ponies started out, so I thought this would be a fun thread.

Did you have anyone in your childhood herd who is now considered rare or valuable? Maybe you picked out Mimic, Crumpet, or Red Roses at the store, or saved your Horseshoe Points and got Rapunzel or the Birthday Twins by mail order? Maybe you live or grew up in a country where the ponies are now sought-after Nirvanas?

If so, do you still have them? Are you kicking yourself because your mom sold them for $0.50 at a yard sale? Or did you sell them for big bucks on the current pony market? Please share stories and/or pictures.

I had Pretty Mane Scribbles and Dabble, which is weird, because other than the Baby Embers, which I desperately wanted from the cartoon, I didn't have many mail away ponies, although I certainly could have if I saved the Horseshoe Points. I don't even specifically remember wanting them, I think maybe it was something my mom sent away for and suprised me.

As you can see, Scribbles has head/body mismatch and several large cancer/age spots, as well as some yellowing, and Dabble has most of the green faded from her hair, as well as a paint scuff on her cheek, but I would never sell or upgrade them!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Formerly known as ponyRN.

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Valuable Childhood Ponies in Your Collection?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 02:42:17 PM »
Umm... I had nothing super valuable or rare, but Nightglider and TAF Buttons were in my childhood collection, and I still have them in super minty condition  :)

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 02:43:11 PM »
Baby Princess Sparkle would probably be mine, I still remember picking her out at the store Though for the life of me, I can't recall *why* I wanted her specifically.  I've never been a big fan of pink. 
 :what:

Lucky enough to still have her, and her carriage/most of the accessories that go with her, though she needs a trip through some repinking dye at some point. =3  Those poor elastics need to be replaced too.  >_<

G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline dragonlady

• Master of Organized Chaos
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+191)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 02:56:27 PM »
One of my sisters and I hoarded birthday money and change we found around the house to send out for these guys:

DB is a replacement as we gave the original to a friend.

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Thread:
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 03:37:45 PM »
I'm so glad to see so many people still have theirs!

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2012, 04:47:17 PM »
No MO's or anything special here...
I'm happy I still have my sun glider and her comb...
I remember when my aunt came to visit from CA and she brought the pony specially for me, it's the only pony I remember removing from the box...  so she's valuable in my eyes...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Breyer600

• Trade Count: (+437)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2012, 06:05:54 PM »
I had quite a few (and still do) - Mimic, Crumpet, Munchy, Red Roses, Cool Breeze, Oakley, Scribbles and Dabble, Lil Sweetcake and Lil Cupcake, Tux n Tails, and the second set of Sea Ponies with their shells are just some examples. 

What I really kick myself over though is that I didn't get any of the ponies from the last mail order form I got.  I had more than enough horseshoe points to get everything, but I was getting more into Breyers at the time and quit collecting ponies.  The ponies I could have gotten through that offer? - TAF babies, birthday sisters, and Sweet Scoops with her charm.   :whoa:

MLP Sales  Non-MLP Sales
Wishlist
Avatar by SquarePeg; Sig by Alrak

MoongazerThePony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2012, 06:12:14 PM »
Well, I think all ponies have sentimental value. For example, if I had a pony that I could get on ebay for $2, I would make it $20 because it had so much value to me in my childhood.

Now, back on to what you said, my cousin had a friend who had a blue Posey. She told me she looked for it after I told her it was rare, but her mom threw it away because it was "It was a worthless piece of plastic. I bet it was only worth about five dollars.."

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2012, 07:28:37 PM »
Well, my childhood collection consists of 4 ponies. The most valuable to me is Sparkler, who I got from my crush for my 7th birthday. The pony with the most actual value is NSS Wind Whistler in mint condition, with awesome pink hair.

Here with her deflocked/rehaired sister.

Offline red_velvet_rose

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+52)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • *DEEP BREATH* yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2012, 07:32:40 PM »
I had all six MO Pearly Babies which I got right at the end of my childhood pony-collecting days, so they basically go taken out of their bags, brushes a few times and then packed away. Luckily, I had no girl cousins, so they weren't given away as hand-me-downs (unlike my Star Wars toys and He-Man toys).  When I got into pony collecting as an adult and my mom sent me my childhood ponies, I ended up trading them for other ponies that I really wanted.

Rose
Discord: HaveAHiddles #2993
PayPal: [email protected]

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Thread:
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2012, 07:33:19 PM »
Wow, these are all great. And yeah, I agree with the sentimental value thing, too. You probably couldn't get a much more common pony than CC Cotton Candy, but she was my first and therefore most precious pony.

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2012, 07:52:18 PM »
None D:  But I do still gave all my childhood ponnies C:

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2012, 08:16:54 PM »
I made some fairly good choices with picking my childhood herd and still have them all.  Here are the best:

Mimic w/ brush and backcard (I think I put her ribbon on another pony, and I have her sticker but not on the original card)
Princess Baby Buggy w/ Baby Princess Sparkle, mint and complete w/ access. and box (the last G1 pony item I ever chose for myself from regular stores)
Red Roses, mint and complete w/ access. and box
SS Angel, mint w/ comb and backcard
Woosie (regular green one), mint and complete w/ all access. and box
Blueberry Baskets, mint and complete w/ backcard
MGR Sparkler, mint and complete w/ box
Sugar Apple, mint and complete w/ box
Mainsail and Sand Digger, mint and complete, no frizz
Twirler, mint and complete w/ all access. and box
Skylark, mint and complete w/ all access. and box
Streaky, mint and complete w/ backcard

I only wish I had gotten more mail orders!  But the only one I ever sent away for was Satin 'n Lace, and I got the regular lavender one.  Edit:  Oh!  And Goldilocks too!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 03:10:28 PM by kellyponyfeathers »
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2012, 12:50:24 AM »
I don't have mine any more (I sold them all at a jumble sale for 20p each) but luckily I didn't have anything valuable. The most valuable was probably Forget-Me-Not but I had broken one of her wings.

Offline Buttersketch

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2012, 08:27:22 AM »
I have baby Up Up and Away and all six pearly babies, though they're all in rough shape, so I don't know how valuable they really are ^^;

She's not super-rare or valuable, but I also have TAF Buttons from my childhood collection. Her hair is really frizzy, but she's in good shape otherwise.

comics |LJ|Tumblr|DA

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal