collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The cutie mark crusaders and the tubs of Jelly  (Read 5633 times)

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
Re: The cutie mark crusaders and the tubs of Jelly
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2012, 02:45:53 PM »
Well~  The root of jelly , I am sure is coming from gelatin or gel. ;3 so it's not that far of a stretch. so really ~ maybe fruit preserve is the correct term :3 cuz jelly isn't jam in my head. ^^; I personally am not a fan of jelly -- its too smooth , I prefer jam (especially homemade, yum) ~
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline DoctorMowinckel

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • A good companion in a weird sort of way.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.edwardrmowinckel.com
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2012, 03:11:51 PM »
Okay. I thought I understood what I was putting on toast before I read this thread. From now on I'm just going to motion with my hand like I'm putting something on toast, and say 'The, y'know, the stuff that you put on toast!'

I have a blag about ponies.

Offline ShannonInPonyland

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2012, 03:23:29 PM »
I couldn't agree more. I have to say after the first 2 CMC episodes it's starting to get a little boring and I just want them to get their darn cutie marks already. We already know what each of them are good at (even if they themselves are completely oblivious) so I feel like we all have a general idea of what they're each going to get.
I wish they would just get them already and move on but I feel like they're going to keep the search on as an alternative between regular pony episodes.

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2012, 04:08:41 PM »
My boyfriend is British, and we never ran into this confusion at all! XD I guess the subject never came up... He doesn't like peanut butter at all.

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Rococo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2012, 04:21:17 PM »

Okay. I thought I understood what I was putting on toast before I read this thread. From now on I'm just going to motion with my hand like I'm putting something on toast, and say 'The, y'know, the stuff that you put on toast!'

Marmite?  :satisfied:

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2012, 04:36:50 PM »
Yup, there's jelly, jam, marmalade and then curd - it gets kind of confusing in that aisle at the grocery store.  :silly:  I actually don't like pb&j together, though I'm fine with them alone.  :)

I grew up in england and I ate peanut butter and jam sandwiches all the time! Also peanut butter and lemon curd, that's still a favorite!

Hmm; I love lemon curd - I should try that!

And, back on-topic - I'm also getting tired of the CMC not having their cutie marks.  I thought at least one of them might have hers by now.  And I think that would make for an interesting (and somewhat realistic) story.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline lemontwist

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2012, 05:47:08 PM »

America time! *waves flag* Here are the basics of the confusing substances in question.

JAM- fruit, mashed pureed or chopped, stewed in sugar to make a spread for toast, sandwiches, etc
JELLY- fruit juice made into a spread similar to jam, but with the fruit bits removed. Softer than Jello (see below) and still made with real fruit juice.
PRESERVES- a sort of umbrella term covering almost all jams, jellies, etc
JELLO- what you know as jelly, a firm but gelatinous, see-through glob of neon wiggle-stuff. Basically just gelatin and sugar with "natural and artificial flavoring".

The more you know  ;)

As for the CMC, I do hope they get their cutie marks, in separate episodes, but I don't mind if they do it all in one episode it would just be sad to not give each of them a good amount of time for finally getting it. And I do hope we'll get it soon so that we can have episodes involving them and their special talents and such. I'd love to see some episodes of Sweetie Belle participating in maybe a singing contest, Scootaloo working to win an upcoming class race, Apple Bloom doing.... whatever Apple Bloom does. Fixing the clubhouse was supposed to be a hint, but they haven't really revisited it like they have with the other two. I bet she'll be the last one to get her cutie mark, I think she's the one who stresses about it the most too! Poor Apple Bloom. Maybe she'll get it while fixing up something on the farm... And then she could get her apple-themed cutie mark haha.
Sales - Pony and Doll Wishlist!

Offline OctoberFlash

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I like to eat things and brush ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2012, 05:59:52 PM »
I don't like the CMC a whole lot, but I think it'd be cool if they got their cutie marks c:

I think Applebloom's would be maybe a hammer and some nails, because she's good at fixing things, or maybe a zap apple since she's good at making zap apple jam ^^

Sweetie Belle would have music notes or a microphone, no doubt... x3

As for Scootaloo, I think she'd have either a scooter or something more ambitious, like a shooting star or something. I don't think she'd do real well with the butterfly cutie mark G3 Scootaloo has xD
Click here for my wishlist!

Every puzzle has an answer :)

Offline gustystarr

• Big Brother Pony
  • An eccentric whose quite fine with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2012, 06:28:30 PM »
 Sadley I've always figured the CMC were just a excuse for hasbro to make little baby ponies, which if you think about it must be even cheper to make then the adult sized ones, with no symbole. It gives them a story to make evey baby pony without a smybole or cutie mark because "they havn't found there's yet'' I'm sorry but I just find any pony without a symbole a sad pony and I'm deeply dissapointed the baby ponies no longer have symboles. But if the CMC find there cutie marks hasbro will have to get creative and start making some symboles or er uh cutie marks on those babies. But I'm gonna try to end this on a positive note I hope they get them soon.

Offline CrystalCrown

• Flamez o' Justice
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • You don't need a license to drive a sandwich!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2012, 06:31:16 PM »
After reading this thread, I want some nice buttered toast with strawberry jelly... yum XD
:fox: :rainbow: F is for friends who do stuff together, U is for you and me! N is for anywhere and anytime at all down here in the deep blue sea!  :frog:

Offline ScreamingDaisies

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2012, 06:51:00 PM »
I want jelly now. Jam jelly, not Bill Cosby jelly.

I also want the CMC's to get their dang symbols. I've only seen an episode here and there and I'm already sick of the 'what goofy things can we do to get our cutie marks' storyline. These are baby ponies.. they could be getting into all sorts of shenanigans.. instead they're whining about cutie marks.

Thank you babyblueducky!

Rococo

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2012, 07:35:33 PM »
lol I love how the same words can mean different things in American English and British English. What we call pants, you call trousers, what you call pants, we call underwear...

The one that really confused me at first was the British meaning of the slang word "pissed." To us, "pissed off" means very angry, but to the British, it means to be drunk/smashed. Also, "mad" to Americans usually means "angry" while "mad" to Britons means "crazy"... hehe. It's just so much fun.

Aaaanyway, to get back on point, I hope one day, we get an episode about the CMCs getting their marks. They are cute and all, but generally, the episodes focusing on them are my least favorites.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2012, 09:04:31 PM »
Now that this has been brought up, I recall when I first read the Harry Potter books, I was confused why they mentioned Jell-O at the Hogwarts feast . . . the ONLY brand name Muggle food mentioned in the wizarding world!

Then I found a copy of the British version of the first Harry Potter book and found in THAT version it was listed as jelly.  Some other words where different between the American / British versions too . . . sweater vs jumper, sneakers vs trainers.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2012, 09:37:33 PM »
I thought the UK called a pb&j nutty gum and fruit spleggings?

Offline bluemoondreams

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2012, 02:54:18 AM »
see now this is why I think it's uintresting to get Jell-o in teh amaerican version of Harry potter because you might get confused by Jelly I think thats funny.

It's always intresting how you can get simular words for the same thing and the whole thing of what you call one thing we call another. Always reminds me of being stopped in london and being asked by an americal the way to Licesershire square...I loled so hard... because you prenouse it in full and we don't it comes out lester square.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal