collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Advice on straightening legs and unicorn horn  (Read 1493 times)

shadowsiren

• Trade Count: (0)
Advice on straightening legs and unicorn horn
« on: March 26, 2012, 04:15:28 PM »
Hi all, long time no see. I recently became the owner of 3 G1 unicorns and two have some small issues.

Starflower has a sunk in horn - her forehead's collapsed a bit to give the horn a slight slant.

Skyflier needs her back legs straightened. She also may need another round of cleaning. Her peach colored body didn't come too clean with Palmolive the first time. Appears to just be dirt or dark smudges.

And Streaky - I'm coming up with a new name.  I'd love to put her tail back in ringlets, but I'm singularly untalented with curling implements.

Ok, now I'm rambling. Any suggestions to the above are welcome! Nice new site, btw.

Shadowsiren

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Advice on straightening legs and unicorn horn
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 04:30:45 PM »
I've heard that taking off a pony's head, boiling the pony, and then stuffing paper/cardboard into the area that needs to be re-straightened for a while to give it support works well. I haven't tried it myself, but in theory it sounds like it would work!

As for streaky, the best way I know of to restore ringlets is to pour very hot (boiling) water over the hair after you wash and condition it, then wrap the individual colors around a straw and secure with bobby pins, let it dry, and when it's finished drying voila! Ringlets! I will go find the tutorial I like that has pictures to explain ^^

Edit: here we go, just scroll down to the ringlet section:
http://www.ponylandpress.com/care/salon/styling.shtml
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 04:34:13 PM by babystarz »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline butterflybuttons

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Feeling the G2 love
    • View Profile
    • My outdated DA
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 04:36:14 PM »
You could put something between Skyfliers legs and something inside starflowers head so they are in the correct position, then dip them in boiling/very hot water or you could put them in a car on a hot day. Then let them cool in the correct position.

You could give streaky straw curls, or I like to use perm rollers. And do a boil perm.

Offline tehrin

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 04:39:40 PM »
Boiling water makes dents and odd things like that pop right back out. But sometimes, I've found that ponies that were smooshed or squeezed just need to have their heads removed and they pop back out again. Though the boiling water helps.

If the ponies have chartruse hair, it might be better just heat them up with a blowdryer on hot and hold in place until the plastic cools. That works too. :)  For natural curls, cover with a paper towel and keep your hand over it to protect it. :)

(also click for my sales here. :3)

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 05:39:52 PM »
I would be a smartass and suggest a certain male drug...but I'm not sure how allowed it is to mention that drug here on the Arena.  XD

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 05:58:52 PM »
Hmm, can't say for G1s for sure, but I know with G3s/ Blind Bags/ McD's Ponies, setting them on the radiator for a bit tends to get them slightly bendable. I've bent a few pony legs this way before if they were having troubles standing.
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 05:22:07 AM »
I would be a smartass and suggest a certain male drug...but I'm not sure how allowed it is to mention that drug here on the Arena.  XD

:lmao:

Offline Ivy

• crazy 'lil alicorn
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • MOC Mimic
  • crazy 'lil alicorn
    • View Profile
    • Ponyland Tours
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2012, 09:12:19 AM »
If you don't like the US name Streaky you can always call her by her UK name - Rainbow Rider....
Check out my Sales!
Avatar thanks to the lovely minercia!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2012, 01:41:53 PM »
As those above have mentioned, boiling water for the legs works wonders...after they have been soaked in water you gently position the legs how they should be and then hold them in place with something which will not cause dents or stains in the plastic...usually tissue paper is the best bet/

You can also dip the head in boiling water and then stuff with tissue paper to get the horn back in position...but be super careful with this as its really easy to mis-shape...I have a Baby Backstroke who looks as though she has a tooth abscess because I tried to get her eye socket back into position...

And Ivy is right...I think the UK names are much more lyrical! But I could be biased!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2012, 12:28:29 AM »
heheh.  XD  More seriously...I don't think I've ever seen a sunken horn!  O_o

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

shadowsiren

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2012, 03:00:04 PM »
Thank you all for the advice, I will try it soon.

I wonder why I wasn't getting any notifications of replies? Is there something new about the updated site that I am missing? (Probably)

Shadowsiren

Lavender_Lace

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2012, 03:18:55 PM »
What everyone else said about repositioning the bodies ::nods:: and for the grimy bodies, soft scrub with bleach and a toothbrush.  Dish soap won't cut it.  Just be gentle around glitter symbols. 

For Streaky's hair, I would personally straighten it first to get rid of any frizz, and then do a boil perm. 

But, if you're hesitant to try that, just shampoo and then comb through the conditioner and let it sit for a while.  After that, just rinse it out and set her hair on perm rollers (use end wraps) and let it dry for a couple days and then carefully remove the rollers.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal