collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ms. Peregrine's home for peculiar children  (Read 1316 times)

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
Re: Ms. Peregrine's home for peculiar children
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2016, 09:17:44 PM »
Just got done seeing it....it was really awesome! :D
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2016, 03:34:21 AM »
I've not read the book so I can't speak for any changes they've made, but it was an ok movie. Perfect for a lazy monday evening with nothing else worth watching. Not the worst I've seen, but I was glad I didn't pay for it. It was apparent it came from a book as some things just happened without a thorough explanation and I wished for some more dept. Some bits of it I would say would be too scary for younger kids, like the hollows. I got Silent Hill meets Pans Labyrinth wibes. But then came a skeletonscene that was too silly to be taken seriously and several youngsters in the theatre laughed.. Once again Burton couldn't decide if it were a kids film or a young adult and it spoiled the entire plot. He used to be sooo good and nowadays it feels like he's lost it :(. Also, it might be because it's the same actress, but miss Peregrin felt too much like Vanessa Ives (Penny Dreadfull), with the hair, the cloths and the smirk. Bottom line is I would save the pennies and wait for it to hit the dvd-shelf and/or netflix.

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2016, 08:11:01 AM »
Watched the Movie while it wasn't what I expected but I t was pretty good. Even the Hubby liked it so that's saying something.

It did however dive straight off in the second half and basically Burton forgot that the series is a trilogy and just finished the whole story in one movie. So I don't think we will see a sequel unless it does insanely well in the box office. And even if they do a sequel it will be because they wanna make more money. While it ended differently I really did like that ending.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal