collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Interest: Sisterhood of the Travelling Ponies  (Read 10487 times)

Offline NichiTsukinoko

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lady-moondancer.livejournal.com/
Re: Interest: Sisterhood of the Travelling Ponies
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2012, 05:20:56 PM »
That sounds like it would be a lot of fun.  I'm game!

Post Merge: March 19, 2012, 05:23:14 PM

Sweet! I call dibs on the Pacific Northwest. (Pacific ocean, Space Needle, Mount St. Helens, Forests, I also live close to a lot of filming sites from the Twilight movies if anyone wants that)

Varkolak has dibs on the US midwest.

Well you don't get the whole pacific northwest, but I will give you Washington.  lol.  I call Portland, OR.  Oregon Zoo,  Rose Test Gardens, Japanese Gardens, etc.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 05:23:14 PM by NichiTsukinoko »
Music is a revelation; a revelation loftier than all wisdom and all philosophy. ~Ludwig Von Beethoven
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Reiya! Thanks to SDS!
Etsy Store: NichiTsukinoko Customs : www.etsy.com/shop/NichiTsukinoko  10% off with coupon code MOVING till Nov 9, 2015

Offline Varkolak

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2012, 06:43:03 PM »
the places i plan to stop are the axe murder house, the pig statue we have, the zoo (will try to make it there!!), ahhhhh i can't think of land marks right now XD i'll think of more in a minute. i just got home from work so my brain is fried.

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2012, 10:47:25 PM »
OK we can let Salli decide, then.  XD  Just to clarify: is there only one pony being sent to each person?  Or everyone sends his/her own pony around and then gets it back at the end?

If it's that second one, I can still do it but might have to have a little time to be able to afford shipping that many times.  Of course if next on the list is in the US, it would be a lot easier.  It sounds ilke loads of fun.  C:

As far as Omaha goes...like  said, we have one of the best zoos in the area, maybe even the country.  XD  Also the Old Market, some theaters...hm...a museum or two, a forested area that's supposed to be haunted...  Yeah that sounds fun.

If I do get n...does that mean I'm an honorary "sister"?  Or does the name change to :siblinghood"  :lmao:
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 10:51:57 PM by hyenacub »

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

FlyingPonyMonster

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2012, 12:51:58 AM »
Omg meeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

Post Merge: March 20, 2012, 12:54:23 AM

We're in a different part of the uk to wiccanpony so can we play?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 12:54:23 AM by FlyingPonyMonster »

Offline Princess-Sparkles

• Princess pony from Aus
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic expert. ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2012, 02:55:40 AM »
I'd love to do Australia!! I have a pony that I can rehair and she'll be all good. ^_^

Okay I went through and read it all 'properly' I would much rather send one pony at a time. Also I'm a bit worried about being able to get to landmarks. I could do my local area but I'm not sure that, that's what your after..  Let me know what you think... :)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 03:54:20 AM by Princess-Sparkles »
Thank you SDS for my Princess Sparke avatar and thank you Shenanigans for my signature. ^_^
~My want list

Wanted: Baby Cotton Candy and Bowties with bad hair and hair cuts. :)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2012, 05:03:24 AM »
Such a cute idea! Didnt someone do something similar with a Dance n Prance pony a few years ago? It was cool to watch

Good luck!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

toralei

« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2012, 07:55:18 AM »
Ah, this looks so cool!!! Somebody already has my region (MA), though.  >_<

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2012, 07:59:12 AM »
Oh gosh, such a great idea! It looks like two or more people would have the region I'd be in during the summer since I'm moving back home. (Rhode Island. XD)
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2012, 09:18:59 AM »
I think this is a good idea BUT...  a few people have done this in the past and not had it been successful.  So I am hoping to give you valid advice that will help:

1.  Keep your list of "hosts" short.  Just last year, someone tried to send a pony around the world with 26 participants.  Or something, I'd have to check my emails.  Anyway, it disappeared around halfway through the list...  and obviously the person who started the whole thing is VERY upset about it.  So don't take on more than 8 people, I'd say...

2.  Find a shipping method that everyone can agree on and use for an identical or similar postage service.  Obviously the pony's going internationally or what's the fun?  So...  come up with a box size that everyone can purchase and ship affordably.  Everyone's postal rates are different, so as long as it's travelling with insurance (to be refunded to the pony's owner should the unthinkable occur), that would be fair. 

3.  I agree about the digital scrapbook that people can download at their leisure.  Perhaps someone could host a website for it to be stored, like a Wiki for Travelling Ponies?  ;) 

I'm all up for being involved AS LONG as it doesn't occur in April!  *points to sig*  I'm in the Challenge!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

toralei

« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2012, 12:35:23 PM »
I think this is a good idea BUT...  a few people have done this in the past and not had it been successful.  So I am hoping to give you valid advice that will help:

1.  Keep your list of "hosts" short.  Just last year, someone tried to send a pony around the world with 26 participants.  Or something, I'd have to check my emails.  Anyway, it disappeared around halfway through the list...  and obviously the person who started the whole thing is VERY upset about it.  So don't take on more than 8 people, I'd say...

Or perhaps there could be smaller clusters/groups of people? This way multiple people in a region could participate and the chances of vanishing pony could be lessened.

Obsydian

« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2012, 12:49:56 PM »
Soon as I can get another flight attendant job maybe she'd like to "help me" at work? :)

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2012, 02:13:58 PM »
Ok, the mods are worried about lost ponies, and I definitely don't want that to happen.

They did suggest that 2 people swap their ponies (and multiple pairs could do this simultaneously) then swap again with someone else. Kind of like a bunch of people doing the foreign-exchange program. That way, people from the same region could overlap. For instance, I could have a directory (list) of people who want to participate (they would have to meet some certain criteria), where they live and some sites they are willing to take your pony to. Then people could PM each other about making a temporary swap of their ponies. Then people who didn't want to ship internationally could do that, and you could do it when you could afford to. Maybe with each successful swap you could earn 'host/hostess' points or something?

I also had thought along toralei's lines about doing 4 groups of 4 or so. Then if all those go smoothly we could mix up the groups and have another round.

Ok, about the zoos. I love the zoo a lot. I think most of us pony fans are also animal fans, but I was thinking more of something that's unique to where you live. If I'm looking at a zebra in San Antonio, it's going to give me the same feeling as looking at a zebra in Boston. Like the Alamo or a certain lighthouse, even Varkolak's axe murderer house or carlabarla's Canadian mountie training. It doesn't have to be a world-famous thing but it should be something that the other people can't do- or wherever the other people live. Give us a taste of what it's like in your area. Think "Where would I take a guest who was visiting from another country?" However, if we want to do temporary partner swaps (as described above) you could work out wherever y'all wanted to go between each partnership according to your interests.

I'll send this plan to the mods to see if they approve it, in the meantime let me know if you love/hate this plan or don't care how we do it, so long as we do this.

kittykat7

« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2012, 02:39:45 PM »
This sounds great... I am Florida and I can take the ponies to Disney World!  I can try my best as well to take a picture of them anywhere they want.  Like, maybe if you have a favorite Disney park or ride or even a favorite movie/character. 

I would be willing to participate no matter how we decide to do it.  I actually really like the idea of the physical journal, but I understand that the shipping may get a bit out of hand. 

Which ever way is decided I am ready and willing. 
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 02:44:09 PM by kittykat7 »

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2012, 02:52:35 PM »
Well someone has already covered midwest...

:( I would of enjoyed taking a little pony to go see the deteriorating streets of Cleveland, and a river that once caught on fire... I'd go for the nitty gritty.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2012, 03:45:36 PM »
Please read the original entry, I have changed it :happy: :frolic:  -Salli

Post Merge: March 20, 2012, 03:55:10 PM

Hyenacub, could you get a pic of a pony in front of a cool storm cell or something? Now THAT would be cool. Pony stormchasing. Oooh, pony ghost hunting has possibilities too.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 03:55:10 PM by Salli »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal