collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Navigation bar suddenly disappeared  (Read 568 times)

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Navigation bar suddenly disappeared
« on: February 19, 2015, 03:56:39 PM »
I've had some issues in the past with random settings being changed in my account(most often the date resets itself to the wrong time zone ALL THE TIME, so I just leave it now, and other reoccurring problems as well). 

Unfortunately something new started to happen and it's really driving me crazy.  The navigation bar on the left has completely disappeared for me anytime I'm signed in.  It's this way on every device I own, so I'm wondering if some setting got changed in my account that got rid of it.  I have to go to a separate page to switch between forums.  I can't seem to find anything in my profile that mentions the navigation bar, but the lack of it is making my time at the Arena a lot less pleasant.  Is there any way to fix this?  Unfortunately, the pattern has been that once something starts getting changed in my account randomly like this, it continues to do so forever no matter how many times I reset it to the correct settings.  However, I'd at least like the chance to bring the bar back for whatever limited time I have before it disappears again.

Thanks for any help!

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
Re: Navigation bar suddenly disappeared
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 04:52:45 PM »
Sounds like you just minimized it. Look for the little visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 icon at the top right of the forum, and click it.

That's odd that your time settings would reset - the only time mine will is when Daylight Savings switches (twice per year). Usually they stay set accurately by using the "Auto Detect" option.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Navigation bar suddenly disappeared
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 05:08:12 PM »
Yay!  Thank you!  I never would have found that wee little icon on my own.   It's really tiny, isn't it?  I don't think  I've even noticed it before.  My husband's been messing around with the internet in our house and has been off and on the computers all week.  He probably clicked something on a page I had up while messing around.

Yeah, I don't know what's up with the time change.  I've had it set to auto detect(that's what it's at now).  I've also tried to set it directly to my time zone.  It keeps getting reset to something completely off, and I just gave up trying to fix it a long time ago.  It's 5pm here right now, and forum time I'm seeing is 12am.  So it's auto-detecting me right into Europe or something, and it's the same on every computer I've ever logged in on.  I don't know what happened.  It was working fine for years and then one day it just started resetting itself for no reason I can figure out.  I tried resetting it over and over, but within a day or two it would just do it again.  At least I'm no longer seeing those little "It's late, shouldn't you be in bed?" messages at the top of the screen anymore.  Those were always WAAAAY off.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal