collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: That cotton bug pony has been sold again! (greek ladybird with wrong head)  (Read 5241 times)

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
You remember the sitting greek Ladybird/Ladybug pony that turned out to have a (greek) Cotton Candy head?

She has been sold again, someone bought her with a bin. Do you think she will find a home for real this time?

I had her on my watch list because I wanted to see if the seller would ever manage to sell her to the price they wanted ($250).
They relisted her over and over with no takers, and after some time changed the $250 starting bid into a $250 bin instead, still with no interest though.....
Now, a couple of months later, I noticed someone has actually bin:ed her after all (for the $250).

Do you think it's genuine this time or a mistake yet again?  :)

Links to some of the old threads about her, mostly outdated but for reference:
http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,289848.0.html
http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,289104.0.html

-

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
i remember this pony! i have also been watching her go round on ebay as well. i hope she does find a home :) she may not be quite so perfect, but its still ladybug in part ;)

i like the cotton bug name for her :P

love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline relcelestia

• Trade Count: (+107)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Argie Obsessed!
    • View Profile
me too
or even lady candy lol!!
HEY [you]! Sell me your Argies! :dribble: Wishlist
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Click HERE to see my 125 Argies!

Offline Bibinettepony

• Tickle, the Rainbow Pegasus Queen
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
She is cute and good idea the name!!  ;)
MLP forever MLP pour toujours

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
ROFL "Cotton Bug" that's a great name! I hope the person who bought her realized what they were getting.

Offline sillymoosey

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • Nirvana wishlist
If it's a mistake, the person who bought her didn't do a good job reading the listing... I don't want to sound mean but the listing clearly stated (in red text) that the head didn't match with the body. I personally don't think that the price was too high. I considered hitting that BIN button many, many times during the time that this pony was for sale. For that price, it wouldn't have mattered to me that the head didn't match with the body. I don't have any greek ponies so it wouldn't have bothered me at all that Ladybird's body came with the head from a greek Cotton Candy. Even though she's a hybrid, she's still a mix of two rare ponies and I would have been really happy to add her to my herd. But 250$ is still a lot of money for me so I passed her up. I'm still jealous of whoever bought her though :) Congrats to the lucky buyer!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 04:25:35 PM by sillymoosey »

Offline Varkolak

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic <3
    • View Profile
i thought once about buying her, but quickly pushed it out of my mind. LOL

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
I don't see why this would neccesarily be a mistake, as already been pointed out, she's still a mix of two rare ponies. Some collectors love factory errors and oddities, why not this one?

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
Well, it's genuine on the part of the seller, which is the main thing really. Hopefully the uer did read the listing properly :)

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
I don't see why this would neccesarily be a mistake, as already been pointed out, she's still a mix of two rare ponies. Some collectors love factory errors and oddities, why not this one?

Has anyone said it had to necessarily be a mistake?

The purchase is interesting because:

- the last two times the pony was bought it turned out to be mistakes and the pony was relisted
(one of those purchases in fact after the seller updated the description with pony's special condition)

- so the pony community started to kind of feel sorry for the poor pony (and named her "cotton bug"). was she ever going to find a new home?

- after that followed a long time (months) when no one was interested (to the price the seller asked)

- then suddenly someone bought it! (to that same price)

After all this happened, of course it's natural to wonder if the purchase is for real this time!
As in: no mistake, pony finds a home, seller gets the amount they wanted, everyone happy.

Or so I thought.

Anyway, for those who still remember and care:
The buyer has now left positive feedback. So that must mean they either don't realize the ponys special condition, or, they are aware of the condition and are happy with the pony and price.
And I would be inclined to believe the latter, I checked out their buying history and they have paid quite high amounts for other ponies as well.

-

Offline willa

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Greek Ladybird Mint in Egg
    • View Profile
Kinda gutted I didn't buy her, I really liked her... I was just worried she was a bad investment, my head said no and heart said a big fat yes! x
SEEKING... Princess Taffeta & Pristina, 7 Tales Bon Bon and Peru Unicorns Moonstone & Windy x

Offline Princess-Sparkles

• Princess pony from Aus
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic expert. ;)
    • View Profile
Kinda gutted I didn't buy her, I really liked her... I was just worried she was a bad investment, my head said no and heart said a big fat yes! x

Me too! I wanted her but couldn't justify the price. Now I wish I got her..
Thank you SDS for my Princess Sparke avatar and thank you Shenanigans for my signature. ^_^
~My want list

Wanted: Baby Cotton Candy and Bowties with bad hair and hair cuts. :)

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile

Has anyone said it had to necessarily be a mistake?

Well, no one has said it has to be a mistake, but it seemed most posters took that stance. No need to get antsy.

Offline Binkyfinder

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://stores.ebay.com/Binkyfinders-Toy-Chest_W0QQsspagenameZMEQ3aFQ3aSTQQtZkm
She was purchased by a known scammer, Brooke Kutik.  I'm a little worried about her being relisted without her flaw being disclosed.  :(

Thanks Baby Paradise for the siggy!

Offline Princess-Sparkles

• Princess pony from Aus
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic expert. ;)
    • View Profile
She was purchased by a known scammer, Brooke Kutik.  I'm a little worried about her being relisted without her flaw being disclosed.  :(

Oh dear, that can end badly.  I knew I should have bought her. :/
Thank you SDS for my Princess Sparke avatar and thank you Shenanigans for my signature. ^_^
~My want list

Wanted: Baby Cotton Candy and Bowties with bad hair and hair cuts. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal