collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What would you collect if money and space was no issue?  (Read 2778 times)

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
Re: What would you collect if money and space was no issue?
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2023, 03:18:54 AM »
I would have a library! I already collect old childrens books (not all, but from some publishers and authors). I also love art, and would get all the artwork that really sang to me.

Lamps. Vintage and postmodern. I love lamps. Also Scandinavian design lamps.

And last, but not least. A big garden, with lots of places to sit, hide or just breathe. I love gardening, and would love an old-style, secret garden inspired place with all the plants and trees I would like! It had to be big, because I would love a collection of trees and big, flowering bushes!
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2023, 12:53:43 PM »
I've since thought of another thing I'd collect, but there's kind of an explanation attached to it, so please bear with me...

I don't know if it's still going, but in the UK there is/was an unofficial magazine for PlayStation called "PLAY", which I first bought when it was, like, Issue 29 or something, because I was interested in the game on the cover, then I got Issue 31 at least for the same reason, and kept going until I stopped, but I also managed to find Issue 4 at some point. I have long since realized that my favorite era is where I officially started to Issue 50, plus the two earlier examples.

So, what I'd like to collect, is every Issue of PLAY from Issue 1 to Issue 50, so I can have not only more perfect copies of what I already have as a bonus (the copies I have are showing wear and tear, and some pages have fallen out), but more importantly all the Issues from that era that I missed out on. I'd been interested in getting that full era in the past, around 2008 or so when I re-read that era, and looked at the retrospective in Issue 50 which gave a reminder of what happened in each issue up to that point, and I'm starting to think of it again, since I recently moved my actual collection to my own home (and this is before I've even re-read them this time.)

So yeah, I'd like to collect perfect copies of that particular era of PLAY.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2023, 09:07:15 AM »
^ You reminded me of something I'd collect. The Futurama comics. I've looked at them many times before, and it's not like they are terribly expensive (even ones that are signed by the cast), but I've never gotten any. Futurama is my favorite TV show and I'd love to fill the gaps with the crews adventures in the comic world.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2023, 08:17:59 PM »
The original Polly Pocket toys for sure. I grew up a bit with the Mattel reboot where the dolls were a bit larger and had those rubber clothes, but now as an adult toy collector, the original compact style toys really appeal to me even though I never really knew about them as a kid. I don't own any and would probably buy one if I found one cheap in person, but if I could justify it, I would absolutely collect them.

Similarly, Sylvanian Families is another toyline I don't own any of but I just sort of admire from afar. They're really cute and I love flocked toys, and all the cute little accessories.....

I do collect dolls, but I'd probably collect some more expensive dolls if I had the money for it.

I enjoy gaming so I do buy video games, but I'd maybe be more serious about collecting them and having a better setup for using them if I had the space/money. Same with music, I buy physical music (CD and to a lesser extent, vinyl) but don't really have the space for an actual good setup for listening to them.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline DreamvalleyMLP

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2023, 11:23:48 PM »
Crystals.

I have a modest collection of pieces no larger than a hand, but there are some giant almost human-sized crystals out there :)

That, an artisan woodwork furniture in this style.

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2023, 02:58:31 PM »
If money and space weren't an issue? Definitely more woodwind instruments. I'd have historical replicas going all of the way back to the Ancient Greek aulos.

Also a collection of ancient Greek replica pottery. I love the aesthetic.

|My Collection|

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2023, 05:38:31 PM »
Carousel horses! I've always loved pretty carousel horses so if space and money wasn't an issue I would love to have a big collection.

I came to this thread to say the same thing!  I love carousel horses and it would be a dream to own even one, let alone a whole collection!  One day I hope to have a room just for my MLP and model horse collections, and I'd like to have one carousel horse as kind of the centerpiece of the room.  But if space and money were unlimited, I would have a whole herd of them!

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2023, 10:21:00 AM »

Before I mention my next example, I'd like to point out that this looks beautiful, IMO - it looks like it could be from a movie!  :happy:

Any way, here's a weird thing I'd a collect, and yes there's another sort of explanation; Eyeshadow Palettes.

The reason it's weird and requires an explanation is that I have no idea of how to apply make up, and have no interest in doing so, but I am fascinated by the different palettes people create based on themes, and how they come up with names for each shade based on the theme, so I'd kind of like to have an example of each palette out there, so I can just casually look at them physically at any time, and check what the shade names are when I felt like it, because that is the part that interests me, and it's nice to have them physically, I guess, even though they'd be purely display and never actually used... strange I know.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2023, 01:05:20 PM »
MJNSEIFER, I get that about the eyeshadow pallettes.  I don't really wear makeup much anymore since i work from home. TBH i didn't wear it much when i worked in the office. but i still love buying it and looking at it. i'm a sucker for cute, novelty packaging.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Kitcatepic

• Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • I've been living in the state of dreaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2023, 05:30:34 AM »
calico critters I would also have a lot more breyer horses
long live chrysalis

Offline VanillaBean

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.VanillaTwist.deviantart.com
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2023, 02:56:26 AM »
For years I've entertained wistful fantasies about collecting vintage carousel horses. I'd love to rescue, restore & display them. I have no idea how easy they would be to get hold of; I've only ever come across one before in the window of an antique shop. It was agonizing to drag myself away from. :lol:
I dread to think how much space & money I'd need for something like this. The international shipping costs would no doubt be eye-watering! I just love the idea of having a room/garage/warehouse full of galloping horses in all different colours & designs.
I've always adored rocking horses too; I'd have to add them to the list. At least they'd be slightly easier to collect! :happy:
Hunting for G2 MLP & Pretty Pony Club magazines! :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal