collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do you ever take a Hiatus from Pony collecting?  (Read 1204 times)

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
Re: Do you ever take a Hiatus from Pony collecting?
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2015, 01:26:30 PM »
Yes. Just when something else sparks my interest. Right now, it's only G2 I'm looking for. Haven't added anything else in months. But I've easily had longer periods of time without buying anything MLP

Online Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2015, 02:08:35 PM »
I've just come back from a several-year-long one, so yes^^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2015, 05:39:31 PM »
I started collecting when I was about 9 back in 2001
And I found the form and joined when I was 12 in 2004 during the G3 friendship ball line.

I collected up untill I was 14 and by the time I was 15 I dupmed it all for the sake of I was too old and I liked a boy.
I thought that would make me un cool like I was 4 years old and no one
Would speak to me so I replaced it with drawing and anime.
And I strugled to find something to collect it went from
Gothic purple and black interor stuff, to giraffes and kittys. Anime and manga.
Japanese things. Orca and ocean theme things.

I wasted to collect something adult and yet as exciteing as my little pony and all thoese other 80's toys. But I didn't want to be un cool.

Well turns out my friend/crush wasen't ment to be and was not that good of a friend or boyfriend to me. Neather was strik 2 and 3.
So I began to not give a crap about boys and begun my own
Intrests and thought if my brother can watch Mlp and buy them why the
Heck can't I?

And so it begun in 2012 I picked up collecting mlp and G1 at that and ever since then I haven't stopped. I have slowed way down but also I have gotten to the point that what I want is more expencive so I can't afford to get many but get what I really want.
I mean when I first started I had a $20 max rule per 1 pony. Now it's more like $50 max per 1 pony.

As far as looseing intrest I haven't I'll branch off to
Starwberry shortcake
Care bears
Rainbow brite
Popples
Christmas tree ornements
Painting
Drawing
Crafts

Or just doing nothing at all.
And it's helthy.
Inface is people didn't take a brake I would wonder if they where obsessed
Or something like people that c*** out at thair computer beacuse thair online chareture died or something. I have heard storied but not about mlp collectors.
But yes I do advise that people take a brake.
:accomplished:

Offline Noxxbunny

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2015, 10:01:54 PM »
I have like a quadbillion hobbies...so I sort of cycle through them. Right now, I'd say I'm on a break from Pokemon collecting. Mainly because there's nothing for me to collect...so that one is a forced arrangement. I have a near complete collection of the one I collect most, so it's extremely rare that I come across an item I don't have.

I'm sort of on a pony break as well. I've actually been funneling all my extra money into my fish keeping hobby. I'm slowly coming back to ponies since there's some new things that I have my eyes on. Like the FS Coco Pommel. Getting my BaB Muffins and DJ Pon3 last week sort of flipped my "I need more ponies" switch back on.

Breaks are good sometimes. After not buying anything pony related for a couple months, getting those two plush really gave me a refreshing feeling that I don't get when I collect continuously.

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2015, 04:34:01 AM »
All the time! I collect so many other things around different seasons. I collect Disney stuff on top of so many other things to where MLP I usually only buy when theres a sale going on! I usually buy the bulk of pony stuff at places like Ross but sometimes my hubby will buy something  pony for me  :blush:

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2015, 05:56:47 AM »
Yes- I break. It's about priorities for me I think... Lately I've been really craving "home time" with my pets, and so I haven't been on my regular rounds of thrift stores/fleamarkets/garage sales. I'd just rather be home.

Plus, I have BUCKETS of ponies from past hauls that still need to be cleaned and formally introduced to the herd, so it's not really fair to rescue more ponies at this time.

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2015, 07:04:46 AM »
 yeah I basically have all the G1 and G2's and G3s I want (except for my grail mountain boy). And G4.... well Hasbro makes it easy to go on hiatus... I'm only
interested in non mane 6.  :/

Online invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2015, 07:35:36 AM »
I am putting collecting on hold right now, budget has been super tight this month, and I am trying to sell toys form salvaging what is left from grandmas house.

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2015, 09:30:15 AM »
I'm taking a break currently, but still so used to checking the forums I can't stop.  Hah! 

I have several different collections, and within a small home, I have to keep everything small.  I recently sold about half of my collection to a lovely who was happy to take the whole shabang and I kept what I couldn't let go of, which was around 50ponies.  They're all packed up now, and I got to say, I'm actually enjoying having that part of my collection decluttered.  I did let go of a few special ponies, like my Night Glider *gasp* but because when I come back to the collecting in a few, I'll have some fun ponies to chase down and maybe will get one in better condition.  Mine wasn't bad, but she wasn't real good either. . .! 

But yeah, I did need the space, and I was just feeling too squished in my room.  I share an apartment, and it IS a larger apartment at 1100sq ft, but I still only have a bedroom for the fragiles and chewables because. . .cats. . . cats are jerks. . .  I've been really focusing on my antique doll collection which has really put me off on ponies besides.  I needed the pony space even in my closet for my restore stuff since I've been working more and more indepth and been learning new stuff with that, which has been really exciting.  And bonus points, I now have a spot in my room to put my plants when they come in for the winter.  Panhandle-Florida weather is still too cold for most succulents, and it was a total headache to bring them in last year, and I have MORE plants this year. 

. . .I want a house so bad. . .  Ugh. 

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2015, 09:53:26 AM »
I definitely take a hiatus from time to time.

To be honest, as time has gone by I've shifted away from buying toys and am now more interested in looking at other people's customs and artwork and things like that.  I live in an apartment so I have limited space.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2015, 01:15:46 PM »
Yeah it happens to me every so often.  It recently happened to me with Monster High too.  I wasn't really into last season for FIM and started to lose interest but so far I've really enjoyed this season of FIM so I'm starting to become interested again.  Monster High I sort of got bored with but after the Boo York, Boo York movie I became interested again.

Offline BlushingBlue

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2015, 08:07:06 PM »
I take breaks from pony collecting rather often, since I have a limited budget for frivolity. I basically only splash out at the Fair, the rest of the time my collection is only augmented by the rare thrifting find, xmas/birthday gifts, and trades. I still try to keep tabs on new stuff coming out though, even if I can't buy it.

Unfortunately, I'll probably have to forego my annual MLP splurge next year too. My other true love, the Infinity arc of Sailor Moon, is gearing up to have a banner year with its musical recently concluding and a new anime season on the horizon. Oh, Death Busters merch... why so perfect and expensive?

Offline cricket

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2015, 02:11:19 PM »
I am on hiatus right now.  After the fair this year I just lost interest in actively collecting.  I still love my ponies and eventually I'll come back around but for now I am concentrating on other things.  I'm not sure if I'm even going to pony fair this year.  I've enjoyed it the last few years but if I'm not actively collecting I'll probably let it go by this year.  I do this every few years.  I need six months to a year to regroup and then I come back and go gang busters.  :) 

Offline pickwick_pirate

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2015, 06:01:45 AM »
I think we probably all do it. I have taken a few breaks ... since seriously collecting. I started collecting in about 2006 i stopped in 09 for about a year and a half, then stopped again on 2012 and have only just picked it up again.

We all have priorities that take over, be it life, or finances, or other hobbies and interests.

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2015, 08:36:52 AM »
I haven't really been collecting the past few years, but I also haven't completely stopped either. I don't have room to display what I do have since moving back in with my mother (she drove me nuts so I ran off to China for a year), Plus I have a large pokemon/anime collection as well.  I still search ebay for ponies and every now and then I make a purchase. I have never left the forums though
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 08:40:30 AM by tikibirds »

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal