collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Goodwill opening down the street from me  (Read 1651 times)

Offline Psivampyr

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Goodwill opening down the street from me
« on: March 13, 2012, 09:22:52 PM »
This week a Goodwill is opening down the street, I am going to walk down there so when they open I can be there. I doubt I will find ponies, but maybe they will have like a event or something fun. They already gave me a 30% off coupon for when they open. Has anyone been to a grand opening of a Goodwill? I am also hoping maybe they have a job opening I can get into.

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
Re: Goodwill opening down the street from me
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 07:42:28 AM »
This is great news!

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 08:26:28 AM »
I haven't been , but I love thrift stores! and love pony hunting at them even more!

good luck!

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 08:57:53 AM »
This week a Goodwill is opening down the street, I am going to walk down there so when they open I can be there. I doubt I will find ponies, but maybe they will have like a event or something fun. They already gave me a 30% off coupon for when they open. Has anyone been to a grand opening of a Goodwill? I am also hoping maybe they have a job opening I can get into.

I was at Goodwill the other day, and I overheard the cashier tell a customer to apply online if they want to work at Goodwill.  But just to let you kow, if you work at a Goodwill store, you cannot buy anything from the store you work at, as I was told by an employee.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 08:59:46 AM by apanda0622 »

Offline Psivampyr

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 11:30:53 AM »
Eegads that's aweful! I worked at a CHKD and they told me I could buy something but not on my work days. Thank you apanda, I don't wanna work at a place I cannot enjoy the benefits at.

Offline JigglesTheCat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 11:38:04 AM »
I love going to Goodwill - you can find great stuff for good prices. I wish I had a Goodwill simply down the street from me! I'd go every day. :D

@apanda0622L: I can't believe that they'd do that! D:
I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

Offline Whoa1234

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 11:48:12 AM »
There's a good will near my house, but it's pretty horrible. :/
They don't have a toy section and their prices are outrageous.
$5for a pair of used Walmart flip flops.
I think not, especially when I can buy them NEW at Walmart for $2!!!

Hopefully the GW you get is better than mine!!

SuniMoon

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 12:02:46 PM »
My Goodwill gets ponies, but apparently they aren't supposed to actually BE for sale on the days that they are.

I guess the G3's with the magnets go to ebay, and so do the vintage ponies. ):

I don't get it with the G3's. I guess it's all BLARG, MAGNETS ARE DANGEROUS... but come on. A child CANNOT get those magnets out. It's IMPOSSIBLE. But I have found some good things there... There are always ponies that slip through the cracks, and I even got Edgar the Elephant there. :)

Anywho, you should at least find sooomething, especially with a coupon! :3

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2012, 12:17:54 PM »
it probably varies by state - all goodwills are different. But here you CAN buy from goodwill if you work there, you just can't buy while you're working or put anything on hold or ask anyone else to put it on hold for you. You can just shop there as a normal person.

Offline Psivampyr

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2012, 12:43:59 PM »
Tomorrow is the grand opening, so right after I put my daughter on the bus I am walking down there, it's like a block over. They are also building a CVS next to my house, which is strange cuz it's almost like I wouldn't have to go anywhere for anything- thrift down the street, CVS next door, dollar general accross from CVS, behind DG is a 7 Eleven and a library.

ZettaMomo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2012, 12:49:57 PM »
Some Goodwills get some nice stuff, and some do not. I personally almost never see ponies when I go to mine. The only thing I found there was Rarity's Carousel Boutique still in the box and some G4 magnet coloring toy.
I have not seen anything else there, but I have hear some other members have luck with finding ponies.

I have never been to a grand opening of one, but I do hope you can find some good ponies or something else you might like!

Offline DoctorMowinckel

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • A good companion in a weird sort of way.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.edwardrmowinckel.com
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2012, 12:59:03 PM »
Thrift stores are awesome. Most of my wardrobe has come from thrift stores, so has about a third of my G3 collection! You never what they're going to get in, so it's easy to stop by a few times a week.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I have a blag about ponies.

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2012, 05:23:55 PM »
I love going to Goodwill - you can find great stuff for good prices. I wish I had a Goodwill simply down the street from me! I'd go every day. :D

@apanda0622L: I can't believe that they'd do that! D:

I think employees are not allowed to buy items from their Goodwill store so they don't buy all the good stuff.

it probably varies by state - all goodwills are different. But here you CAN buy from goodwill if you work there, you just can't buy while you're working or put anything on hold or ask anyone else to put it on hold for you. You can just shop there as a normal person.

Thanks for the info!  I thought it applied to all Goodwills, but maybe its up to the managers?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 05:25:44 PM by apanda0622 »

Offline Psivampyr

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2012, 10:29:41 AM »
Well I went to the opening this morning. Saw the ribbon cutting ceremony, got to spin the Chic fila prize wheel, won a free waffle frie! I was one of the 8 customers to enter when the doors opened. The toy department was kinda like old department store stock mostly, but I did get a fancy fashions boutique for 2 bucks. I never seen one before. It was loose with no accessories, but that's ok. They had a really nice doll house there too, but I didn't have 45 dollars. It was one of those 3 feet tall ones with all the furniture. I got a really nice teal colored purse, its all shiny. I always wanted one since I saw my niece with one years back. My friend went with me and bought me a really cool green glass bottle that is hand blown to look like a dragon claw over a ball. I also got a vintage tupperware organizer thing, I am gonna use it for crafts/sewing. She also insisted on getting my husband this 3 foot long rainbow dragon plushy, because he collects them. It was a good day, just wished they had bags of toys.

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2012, 10:40:36 AM »
It sounds like you did allright in the end!

Me loves a good thrift-shoppe!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal