Pony Talk > Off Topic

The Plant Thread

<< < (2/167) > >>

BlackCurtains:
I've dubbed him Benjamin. Ben Basil for short.

Thanks for the tips. @MoonstoneMew, no yard here. I'm on the second story in an apartment. I do have a balcony though. I wanted to try growing tomatoes and catnip out there. I'm afraid I'd forget to water stuff that's out there though. That's what happened with the aloe. I'd forget and then give them too much water and they'd turn yellow, then get nice and green again... then dry out again.

Basil by the way, is non-toxic to cats. I looked it up since my cat will try and eat any plants she comes across.

MoonstoneMew:

--- Quote from: BlackCurtains on May 12, 2022, 05:40:14 AM ---I've dubbed him Benjamin. Ben Basil for short.

Thanks for the tips. @MoonstoneMew, no yard here. I'm on the second story in an apartment. I do have a balcony though. I wanted to try growing tomatoes and catnip out there. I'm afraid I'd forget to water stuff that's out there though. That's what happened with the aloe. I'd forget and then give them too much water and they'd turn yellow, then get nice and green again... then dry out again.

Basil by the way, is non-toxic to cats. I looked it up since my cat will try and eat any plants she comes across.

--- End quote ---
That's awesome you have a balcony! Maybe the window will be best if he stays in the original pot so he doesn't dry out too quickly. If you get a bigger pot, maybe then move him out there :D

Here is a plant picture for the thread :3
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Taffeta:
My fuschia and my begonia both went outside today. Both are perennials but neither can handle British winters. The fuschia, whose formal name is Sabrina because that is the name of the genus, has gone mad over the winter and has somehow managed to grow well over 4 ft. O.o.

Beth3346:
@BC I also kill plants. so far basil, cilantro, multiple snake plants, a cactus.

Fuschia looks so pretty :) my parents used to have begonias at their old house. sometimes it gets too hot for them in Texas.

My chives are still doing ok. i think i need to move it to a shadier spot though. i guess i need to name it. i'm not great at naming things :)

i think it's already too hot and dry to plant anything new. so i'm going to get all of my planters ordered and get ready for cool weather. it's already super hot here for May so i'm expecting a hot, dry summer. i may try to plant some stuff anyway though. maybe i'll try a cactus too. since Texas.

stjarne:
i'll see if i can remember to get a plant pic tomorrow. my basil is finally starting to sprout (even if its incredibly tiny right now) after our severe thunderstorms the past few days. ^.^

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version