collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Who is your favorite Childhood doll?  (Read 1810 times)

Offline Psivampyr

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Who is your favorite Childhood doll?
« on: January 31, 2013, 10:14:43 PM »
Please tell me about your childhood dolls, what did you do with them? Were they Barbies or other type?
I loved Barbies for the most part, Perfume Pretty Whitney (Nancy) and California Dream Midge (Tina) and Dream Glow Barbie (Vikki) were my top 3 dolls. I had other dolls, but I didn't play with them as often as Barbie.

Offline andibgoode

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Andi B. Goode
Re: Who is your favorite Childhood doll?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 12:31:36 AM »
I was (& still am) definitely a barbie girl! I don't know exactly what my favourites were as a child but as an adult, looking back, I think it's either Sparkle Eyes Barbie (which I bought again) or Songbird Barbie (still have my childhood one). I just like sparkly things ;)
:good: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :art:
Monster High dolls for sale

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 03:53:29 AM »
My favorite childhood doll was a baby doll that my Grandma made for me. Her eyes opened and closed. I still have her but she needs new chips and lashes.

My favorite brand dolls were probably Barbie and Cabbage patch. I had a TON of Barbies, horses, cars, the huge 3ft tall dream house with the balcony. I ended up giving them all away to my aunts step daughter when I got to high school. My  mom was tired of lugging that giant house around every time we moved. :) There's only one Barbie I'd like to find, she had just shorter than shoulder length brown hair that curled under at the ends. Sometime between 83 and 89?

Offline andibgoode

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Andi B. Goode
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 04:06:24 AM »
There's only one Barbie I'd like to find, she had just shorter than shoulder length brown hair that curled under at the ends. Sometime between 83 and 89?

Do you remember what she wore? Hope you figure out who she was :)
:good: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :art:
Monster High dolls for sale

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 04:17:07 AM »
There's only one Barbie I'd like to find, she had just shorter than shoulder length brown hair that curled under at the ends. Sometime between 83 and 89?

Do you remember what she wore? Hope you figure out who she was :)

I don't remember her having a specific outfit which makes me think maybe we was a swim line doll? or one of the cheaper brides?

Offline Spike

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Monochrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 04:24:51 AM »
Lulu!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 04:55:51 AM »
It was definitely Ocean friends Kira Barbie. My mom bought her for me when I was eight because my name is Kira, I wanted to be a Marine biologist, and was obsessed with Asian culture. It wasn't Christmas or my birthday, either, it was just a nice surprise when I came home from school. Sadly, I lost her in a move. Still waiting to get her back. Every time I see one on ebay, money is tight. So, I think next month's doll goal is her lol

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2013, 05:49:03 AM »
Hmm I think my favorite was always Oopsie Daisy. Is that how you spell her name? I forgot, anyway she was a Christmas present one year. Even after packing away most of my toys being embarrassed about them I still had her. I had her till I was about 16. My little sister was only ten and accidentally knocked her down. Dolls head snapped right off and rolled around the floor. That was devastating.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2013, 06:22:55 AM »
With the exception of Magic Nursery Babies and Cabbage Patch Kids I loathed dolls as a child. Now our house is full of dolls. Turns out I prefer dolls with oversized heads apparently. :silly:

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline lolaandbean

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2013, 06:52:15 AM »
I loved Barbie. My favorite was Jewel Secret Whitney. I also loved Cabbage Patch Kids and Strawberry Shortcake. I recently decided I need to collect SSC dolls again. I have my first one on the way.

Offline Sonata

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2013, 12:20:25 PM »
Twirling Ballerina Barbie ! I still have her but she has been played with so much she just can't be posed anymore xD Her legs and arms nearly fall off !!

Dorriebelle

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2013, 12:43:32 PM »
While I loved me some Barbie back in the day - I had the only Ken in the subdivision, for some odd reason - the doll that says 'My Childhood' to me is...Timey Tell !

Really telling my age here, but... Timey is a Mattel girl, and I got mine when I was six, in 1972. Her head mold has been used for several other dolls (Hi, Dottie and the remade Chatty Cathy are the two I know about), and she's fairly easy to find used today.

While I don't have my childhood one - 'dear' Mom tossed out my stuff years ago - I bought another, and what do you know, her hair still smells the same, after all these decades.  I even sew for her sometimes. She's a real cutie !

Vertefae, could she have been Sun Gold Malibu Brunette Barbie ? She has brown eyes and was out in 1983-84. Or maybe one of the Whitney dolls, they were mid to late 80s and gorgeous. There's also Tracy, a brunette bride with green eyes, but her hair is shown longer. Whitney and Tracy share that beloved Steffie head, so eye color and hair length may be their only difference.

Any other clues for us to search with ? (grin)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 01:11:55 PM by Dorriebelle »

Offline ember86

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • A very picky little pony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2013, 12:49:35 PM »
While I am a Barbie girl my favorite doll was Starbright Sparkles! 
  Thank you Scraleos for my sig! Thank you MLPmintchocolatechip for my a avatar  Have a very pony day [you]
My etsy shop

YellowCat

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2013, 03:37:38 PM »
My favorite childhood doll was an original Skipper that my mom passed on to me.  I still have her and her bathing suit and I fixed her frizzy hair a couple of summers ago, so she looks almost new again.

I also loved my Surprise Hat Suzie, who I no longer have.  I sold her at a garage sale when I was in high school.

Strawberry Shortcake dolls too, although I never had my own.  I think they quit making them before I was born, but my older cousin had almost all of them and I played with them at her house.  This past summer I acquired a whole bag of them secondhand, so now after all these years I have my own. :P
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 05:11:25 PM by YellowCat »

Offline Tiella

• Trade Count: (+118)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Professional Multi-Tasker
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art Page
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2013, 05:02:54 PM »
I didn't really like dolls as a child, now I love them haha! I did enjoy cabbage patch kids and especially the animal versions of them, don't remember what they were called.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal