collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Price Check on Dazzleglow  (Read 1518 times)

Offline telelle_wings

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • G1 Unicorn Addict
    • View Profile
Price Check on Dazzleglow
« on: June 03, 2014, 04:45:42 PM »
So I've been watching the prices of G1 Dazzleglow on ebay and they are all over the place. Last month a Dazzleglow with blue hearts went for about $20 before shipping and today a Dazzleglow also with blue hearts but with scuffs went for $51 before shipping.

The one that went for $20 still had a tiny bit of pink in her hair and the other didn't have any at all.

I've seen some here on the Arena listed for around $20-$25. How much is she actually worth? Does the price change depending on if she has pink hearts or blue hearts? And how much does her actually having pink hair add to that?

Thanks so much!

Offline shelti

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+1687)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Price Check on Dazzleglow
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 04:58:37 PM »
I have been watching those also
and the price paid today was nuts, but the pony market is always driven by demand and supply.

The blue heart is usually a little harder to find then the red hearts but lately, when they do show up it's been about equal as to which version.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 07:35:26 AM by shelti »
Shel-t* Ponies

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 05:51:49 PM »
Pink hair will put her at the top end of the prices.  I think both Dazzleglow versions are realistically in the $15-20 range at the moment.
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Whoa1234

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 06:20:29 PM »
I was bidding on it too, jaw hit the floor when it hit $50!

Sprintex

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 08:49:34 PM »
Was that the one in the UK?

Paul

Offline telelle_wings

• Sweet Kisses Pony
  • G1 Unicorn Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2014, 09:25:06 PM »
The one that went for $20 was in New York and the $50 was in New Jersey.

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2014, 10:04:47 PM »
I got mine for about 30$ few years ago and she is mint, but i wouldnt pay 51$.  ^^;

I think 20-30$ is a good price for the blue hearted version, depending on theyre condition. :)

Thank you :heart:

Sprintex

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2014, 10:07:33 PM »
Ah right ;)

I paid £31 for a blue hearts one on Ebay over here two days ago, which is about $51.85 to you. It is in excellent condition, not sure what value others would put on it, but my view is if I think it's worth it and I can afford it then that's what it's worth  ;)

Paul

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2014, 07:23:51 AM »
Sorry, just realised i paid about 30 in euros, not dollars.  :D

Ah right ;)

I paid £31 for a blue hearts one on Ebay over here two days ago, which is about $51.85 to you. It is in excellent condition, not sure what value others would put on it, but my view is if I think it's worth it and I can afford it then that's what it's worth  ;)

Paul

In euros it would be about 34 maby, thats a great deal. Im sorry if my message was rude in any way, i did not mean that nor did i mean it would be stupid to pay more than what myself would pay.  :lookround:   :)

Thank you :heart:

Offline telelle_wings

• Sweet Kisses Pony
  • G1 Unicorn Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2014, 07:55:25 AM »

Ah right ;)

Paul

In euros it would be about 34 maby, thats a great deal. Im sorry if my message was rude in any way, i did not mean that nor did i mean it would be stupid to pay more than what myself would pay.  :lookround:   :)

No worries. I think both viewpoints are totally valid. There are some ponies that even though I want them quite a bit for my collection I wouldn't pay over a certain price regardless of how nice they are.  My view is that I'm not going to pay that much or drive the price up to make that price the regular. It's like how there are a bunch of items on ebay at high 'buy it now' prices and while I really want them there is no way I'm going to pay those asking prices. But to other people they don't mind at all since they are getting what they are wanting and it is totally worth it.

Offline QueenStarglow

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Glow 'N Show Queen
    • View Profile
    • The Glow 'N Show Stables
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2014, 08:47:02 AM »
ebay definitely can't be trusted as the be all to end all place to determined values since the market fluctuates daily. People pay what they are willing to spend, but you decide what a pony is worth to you.

I paid $30 for my blue hearted Dazzleglow a few years ago and she's very minty with lots of pink in her hair. If I came across a pink hearted version in a similar minty condition I'd probably pay more because I've had a hard time finding one!

My Little Pony Blog: http://glownshowpony.tumblr.com | The Glow 'N Show Stables: http://glownshowpony.weebly.com
GnS Stables Sale thread G1-G4: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378506.0.html
MLP:FiM Gameloft friend code: f52c0

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2014, 09:10:31 AM »
If I could find a dazzle glow for $15-20 I'd buy her in a heart beat! It seems every time I have the funds for one, she's about $40+ I've seen her sell for $65 before too.
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Sprintex

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2014, 01:36:55 PM »

Ah right ;)

Paul

Stop worrying, it didn't come across as rude at all and besides, everyone is entitled to voice their own opinion  ;)

Paul

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2014, 01:57:28 PM »
I talked myself out of wanting her because her symbols are a bit odd to me for some reason. She just doesn't really do anything for me. I like her pose and if I could have her with pink hearts, pink hair and transparent plastic I might be persuaded, but I have Star Glow and Bright Glow in excellent condition (nice and transparent) and for now I've decided I'm happy with just the two. Just thought I'd put my two pennies worth in case it makes anyone else who doesn't have her feel any better   :P
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline telelle_wings

• Sweet Kisses Pony
  • G1 Unicorn Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2014, 03:19:50 PM »
I only want her because she is a unicorn and that probably has an effect on how much I'm willing to pay for her.  ^.^ I got Star Glow when I was little and she is lovely. Her symbol is weird but I still like her quite a bit.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal