collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Spreading the word about HQG1C?  (Read 29095 times)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Spreading the word about HQG1C?
« Reply #90 on: January 09, 2020, 05:28:31 PM »
I think customs auctioned them off and separated them into small lots? But yes I believe they were technically stolen. There were 1,000 that went missing. It was 180-200 ponies.  :| :|

Post Merge: January 09, 2020, 02:48:17 PM

Thank you for locating it! It was a relief they went into collectors hands! But I do hope the others made it to kids and made them happy.
Someone actually found about 25 or so of them at a shop in the UK about 6 months ago. There was a post on the arena or the trading post about it.

Found post

Hope others pop up one day.

Post Merge: January 09, 2020, 02:50:23 PM

I am also having a site wide 50% off sale with promo code WOW50. I am shipping international as well.

Www.clipper.ecrater.com

As for ID sites, the most updated is toysisters.com .. the main hq thread has all of the links in it. :)

Oh awesome!  I just got the cute rainbow pride pony with her kitty!   Okay now I've ordered a couple of ponies from all three of your sites, lol

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 09, 2020, 05:50:43 PM »
I think Celebration's (seemingly) alcohol theme of symbol turns people off.

what the?? only for the under age and people who are against alcohol  :lol: that was the reason i got him LOL :P

Post Merge: January 09, 2020, 06:01:41 PM

adding to the customs lost ponies. sorry i have to vent about that one, that is as dodgy as heck  :enraged:  talk about the "it fell of a back of a truck" quote for dodgy stolen goods. maybe that shop deals with some of that. i hope it was insured, it would have a been a crim working at the post or customs.  :mad:
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 06:01:41 PM by shabbychicdee »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 09, 2020, 06:28:54 PM »
I can't decide which to get!!  Are the grab bags all actual characters, or are some blanks?
:socks:   :frog:

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 09, 2020, 06:57:38 PM »
about the boy thing, i think mostly its adult collectors that love them and want them.
i think white hairless blanks to customise would be very popular and cheap for both party's so should sell well :)

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #94 on: January 09, 2020, 07:17:54 PM »
I recently got Pretty Bow (based on the mystery pony in RaMC) too and she is just GORGEOUS.  I need to take pictures of her!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Wind~Whistler

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • You got a twinkle in your eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 09, 2020, 09:47:43 PM »
Considering getting some of the treat sisters...

Dumb question, would shipping be combined at checkout, or is it $4 shipping per pony?
AKA Wind~Whistler on the TP 

http://www.ponylandtours.com
Thanks to Philly for my avi!

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #96 on: January 09, 2020, 10:15:26 PM »
Considering getting some of the treat sisters...

Dumb question, would shipping be combined at checkout, or is it $4 shipping per pony?
Its been combined each time for me. :)

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline pandabear_chan

• Trade Count: (+393)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://customsbypandabear.deviantart.com
« Reply #97 on: January 10, 2020, 01:34:29 AM »
I think customs auctioned them off and separated them into small lots? But yes I believe they were technically stolen. There were 1,000 that went missing. It was 180-200 ponies.  :| :|

Something that came to my mind about the "lost" package and the problem behind it. If I remember correctly (please correct me if I'm wrong) the box was held in customs because the ponies didn't have a CE mark but "Made in China"? on the package and weren't therefore considered to be a safe toy... Usually what would customs do? They would destroy these as they cannot store them. This is how German customs would act. But a few were found - maybe somebody from customs saved a few and since they turned up in a shop in Liverpool maybe sold them to the shop and the shop auctioned them off? I doubt that someone from customs would steal items which are not considered to be safe. But maybe they were ready for the scrapping and someone saved a few?

Offline The_Loner

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • My Little Pony fan
    • View Profile
    • Dream Planet - The Toys
« Reply #98 on: January 10, 2020, 03:08:09 AM »

I never thought of his body marking as alcohol related (maybe because I don't drink alcohol myself) just celebatory drink. I love his body marking! I think he's the perfect New Year's party pony ^.^

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #99 on: January 10, 2020, 03:11:14 AM »
I love the idea of white blanks, I'd be happier if they had no hair. I have considered several G1 baits over the years for customising but the problem is that If they are already suffering from plastic breakdown they aren't really suitable for painting and if they aren't yet suffering from plastic breakdown they are pretty much always fixable in my view so I have a confusing time deciding what to do. Affordable white blanks would make this whole problem go away!

Post Merge: January 10, 2020, 03:13:24 AM

I never thought of his body marking as alcohol related (maybe because I don't drink alcohol myself) just celebatory drink. I love his body marking! I think he's the perfect New Year's party pony ^.^

Maybe it's a sparkling mocktail  :angel:
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 03:13:24 AM by Artemesia's Garden »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 10, 2020, 05:30:00 AM »
Glad my husband is understanding, I  just ordered the nylon haired True Blue!  (My husband and I set aside "fun money " each paycheck.   He let me overspend this time since it's a sale. I do the same for him sometimes.  :) )

Anyway  I am so looking forward to her!

(And after selling 99% of my collection I never thought I would buy any ponies again.  Lol!)

Offline freezestime

• Forever and Always the Prom Queen
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 10, 2020, 06:52:25 AM »
For me, my biggest hesitancy is the cost of shipping and while some I would like to own, none have ever really been a must get for me. However, with Clipper's plans to produce G2 blanks that'll probably change!

Plus I have horrible impulse control and any thing I can avoid buying is another win for me.
Freezestime's Masterlist! https://bit.ly/3x1te5n
Dedicated G2 thread! https://bit.ly/3vIIJhL
Dedicated G2 V2.0 thread! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,403447.msg1880080/topicseen.html#new
Forgotten Toy lines! [urlhttps://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=395090.150[/url]

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 10, 2020, 07:24:30 AM »
I'd love to see these in the Sweet heart sister poses someday.

I know that all takes time and money.   Just hoping!

Offline caseysealia

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 10, 2020, 08:04:27 AM »
I got Dasher and Marina for Christmas!! I'll try to post pics of them on tumblr and such :)

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #104 on: January 10, 2020, 10:15:38 AM »
I love HQG1C ponies!!! <3 I have quite a few of them, but nowhere near ALL of them. I agree that last year in particular I felt like too many came out too quickly and I was quite overwhelmed. I wanted so many of them, but it was super expensive to get them all as soon as they came out. So, I tend to wait awhile until there are a bunch I really want (and maybe a sale going on, like there is right now! *wink wink*). So I can imagine there IS quite a bit of stock that has built up from all those releases. Take advantage of the sales that Clipper and Kat have going on right now though, guys! These ponies are gorgeous and very good quality! You will not be disappointed! :)

It's true shipping costs make it super expensive and thus difficult to afford them outside the US, but I get around that by having mine shipped to my parents in the US and pick them all up when I go home for Christmas each year. So, I just came home to Sweden with a suitcase full of ponies last week. ;)

Here are some pics of my HQG1Cs! (You know you want some of these in your collections as well!) J
Just LOOK at Star Spangled, the rearing unicorn!! Isn't she just glorious?? She's my all-time fav so far. <3 (She is a gorgeous deep blue, so much prettier than my crappy flash pic shows.)

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal