collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Spreading the word about HQG1C?  (Read 29115 times)

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Spreading the word about HQG1C?
« Reply #165 on: February 03, 2020, 04:42:34 PM »
yeah her kitty keeps slipping of her back :lol:
and yeah the walking would suit her.  If it was too costly to make another mould i personally would like to see it in Elegance (date night) mould and kitty could sit nicely on there plus i like the mould :P not a fan of the other hqg1c earth standing moulds.

thank you btw for the hair colour comment :D

Your hair blend is really beautiful :D She'd be so awesome like that (but in a walking pose).

I just really don't like the sitting pose, that's my personal twitch. But I do think she should have an active pose because she's shown as an active pony. I guess that maybe involves creating another mould which I get is cost, but still, for such an important and iconic pony in G1 storytelling, it feels wrong for her to be sitting down and especially since it means she can't carry her cat. We need more versions of her in many poses!

I was actually upset when I heard what she was being called :/
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 04:44:24 PM by shabbychicdee »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 03, 2020, 04:45:55 PM »
Just build her a huge, fancy hat with a basket that she can carry her cat in  :lol: and hey, sitting down is kind of an effort for real equines if I’m not mistaken, so maybe she’s not sitting to rest but is exercising by doing the pony equivalent of squats. Truly a fitness inspiration.

And @rybett I just think Love Melody’s head on Mimic’s body makes the neck look too thick (it isn’t even Love Melody’s head, is it? Eh, whichever one it is) :/ but that’s a personal thing. Maybe if they release more rainbow ponies down the line I’ll come back for this gal to complete my set. Who knows? I do like that she’s green - that’s a plus. Never enough green ponies.
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #167 on: February 03, 2020, 05:21:56 PM »
The sitting pose seems to be either loved or hated, not really a down the middle pose. But there are a few HQG1C ponies I've avoided (Kitty Love, etc) because of the pose specifically. This conversation made me realise how I probably would've looked on those totally differently and bought them if they'd not been sitting down...

Weird how a pose can have such opposite impact on different people.

In any case, I'll pass on her until/unless one transpires in an active pose at some point in the future.

Head/body switching is a challenge IMO. It's a clever and brave decision to take, to try and create new poses.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+122)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
« Reply #168 on: February 03, 2020, 05:40:14 PM »
Taffeta, to answer your question, it is on the list to make her in a standing pose in the future. Once the sitting one is sold through, she will be made. :)

But keep in mind, this is not supposed to be the pony from the tv show. She is just inspired.

Her name was chosen because of the mysterious "Pretty Bow" on Dream Valley, back in the day. But you can call her whatever you like.

The earth poses hq has right now are - crumpet, love melody, truly, sea shell, and some can be mashed up to make alternates. So it would probably end up being one of those for now, until we can afford to make others.

We can change the color of the kitty on the next one. I can also look into getting a lighter orange color. We had issues finding the right orange, and that was the nicest of the option we had at the time.

Enjoying seeing all the pictures people are sharing! Sadly no spare cash to buy any more of these now.

I would just like to ask Clipper and co whether any other poses will be done for 'Pretty Bow' at any point in the future? I really don't like the sitting pose so if that's the only one that's going to be done I can rule her off my list going forward. The colours are pretty but I really don't like how she looks like that. She's a dynamic active pony in the cartoon, with the cat on her back - I'd love it if there was a standing/walking one as well at some point, where you might have the option to attach a Peachy/Kiss Curl basket and have the cat riding on display.

Also really wish that wasn't her name, given that it reminds me of unpleasantness around DV and its invented pony intel, but names can be changed easier than poses can :/

I really hope to be able to grab a few of these newer ones before they all disappear going forward, but I guess we'll see how my finances work out first xD.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 05:50:18 PM by Clipper »

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 03, 2020, 06:22:06 PM »
oooohh I love the sitting pose, but a standing pose Prettybow would be gorgeous too... *O*

And personally I *love* her name. I think my favourite fan-name for her is still "Sunbow", as a nod to the studio that made the G1 cartoons, but I understand there'd probably be copyright issues preventing her from being called that ;) Anyway, I thought the nod to old collecting myths/confusion/etc - that time when so much was unknown - was very appropriate for such a mysterious pony!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 06:24:00 PM by Carrehz »

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #170 on: February 03, 2020, 08:28:08 PM »
If I think of a name I like better, I just rename the pony.  Like I named my Kitty Love to Kittycorner.  :)  Not that I particularly dislike "Kitty Love", but puppy love is a real phrase so I wanted the cat pony to also have a real phrase as her name.

I renamed all the playful newborns too:

Car newborn - Horsepower
Plane newborn - Night Flight
Teething ring newborn - Itty Bitty (bit = bite = teething ring)
Stacking ring newborn - Topples
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Wind~Whistler

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • You got a twinkle in your eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 03, 2020, 10:10:02 PM »
Car newborn - Horsepower
:lol:

I keep forgetting to post pics of my sisters since they arrived over two weeks ago >_< I might just have to complete the set since I love them so much!
AKA Wind~Whistler on the TP 

http://www.ponylandtours.com
Thanks to Philly for my avi!

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 03, 2020, 11:10:19 PM »
What a fun thread to read through! I gotta say, I had missed a lot of these topics, solely because I don't always get to see the videos/livestreams when they happen on the FB group. It would be really cool if we could have some kind of 'here's what you missed' bulletpoint after the video, for folks like me! (Also, a lot of people don't have time/ability to sit and watch 10-30 minute videos!) I follow the FB group pretty closely, but I had no idea that the project was going to take some downtime this year, and that there was so much excess stock to unload, like to the point of not being able to produce more ponies until it's gone. And judging by how many people in this thread jumped in to help support the project by buying ponies, I bet other people didn't know either, maybe even on the FB group.

I also didn't know about the 1k mark for ponies, but variants; it totally explains all the matte vs pearl variants now! I originally thought very similarly, like 'why make two ponies who are almost identical', but it's a brilliant idea if you have to make 1000 ponies anyway! I know I definitely own a matte and pearl Kitty Love, LOL!

I'm also glad, sort of, to know that other people felt a little overwhelmed with the last year of releases, so it's not just me. It's really cool to see so many ponies coming up for sale; but it also makes it hard to decide who to buy, and how to guess which ponies might run out of stock first. (I didn't think the dragons would run out of stock so quickly! I wish I'd bought more! I figured they were small; cheap to produce and to store! Whoops!!) It's awesome to see new G1 ponies again, but I wish it was just a little slower at times for my wallet! And I'd much rather have a smaller pool of ponies to choose from, than be concerned about the project hitting a rough financial spot. If we only got the convention exclusives and two 'original' ponies in a year, that would still be great! I'm used to getting one, MAYBE two exclusives from Hasbro per year!

I also have a huge fondness for the blanks; even if I don't have a lot of solid ideas for glitter customs, I am definitely building up a bit of a hoard of glitter blanks! I hope you guys never stop making blanks, glitter or no! While more time at work means more money for ponies, it means less time for ponies, sadly! But I'd love to share a picture of a custom I made with the glitter blanks, just to show some of their versatility, even if it's from a year ago!

I'm gonna try to post more HQG1C ponies; I just need to make more time for pony photography! :yikes:
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #173 on: February 04, 2020, 03:59:41 AM »
Taffeta, to answer your question, it is on the list to make her in a standing pose in the future. Once the sitting one is sold through, she will be made. :)

But keep in mind, this is not supposed to be the pony from the tv show. She is just inspired.

[/quote]

Thanks, Clipper, that's awesome news!

As for the name, that is precisely why the choice is so inappropriate for me. It's a relic of a time when UK and European people got hostile backlash for trying to stand up to DV's errors.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 04, 2020, 08:31:03 AM »
I'm really glad they did Pretty Bow as sitting first- since I LOOOOVE that pose and it is the reason I bought her (aside from the Rainbows of course)

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 04, 2020, 09:47:16 AM »
I'm really glad they did Pretty Bow as sitting first- since I LOOOOVE that pose and it is the reason I bought her (aside from the Rainbows of course)

Same! :biggrin: Never enough sitting ponies for me. I’m hoping they eventually do rearing ponies too - not headswapped to be unicorns or downsized to be babies (although those are cool too in their own right), but just the old rearing pose.
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 04, 2020, 11:04:46 AM »

Same! :biggrin: Never enough sitting ponies for me. I’m hoping they eventually do rearing ponies too - not headswapped to be unicorns or downsized to be babies (although those are cool too in their own right), but just the old rearing pose.
me too, i would love to see some nice pastel rearing earth ponies
and a white unicorn rearing :)

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+122)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
« Reply #177 on: February 13, 2020, 11:42:31 PM »
I have continued the 50% off sale in my shop for hqg1c ponies 😊

Promo code at check out is ARENA50

clipper.ecrater.com
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 11:23:10 AM by Clipper »

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 15, 2020, 12:32:17 AM »
I have continued the 50% off sale in my shop for hqg1c ponies 😊

Promo code at check out is ARENA50

clipper.ecrater.com

Yahoo, thanks Clipper! Happy Valentine's Day to meeeeeee!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #179 on: February 20, 2020, 07:31:12 AM »
My new girls are here, from The Pony Business...

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,397907.msg1804139.html#msg1804139
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal