collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 664
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Princess Accessory Confusion  (Read 1224 times)

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
Princess Accessory Confusion
« on: January 24, 2016, 01:57:06 PM »
I'm putting my princess ponies up on the shelf in my new place and I have forgotten just how infuriating it can be trying to correctly ID their knickknacks. I've been to Lady Twilights page of course for help but I'm still pretty stuck. 

So here's what I need help with.

Is Serena and Royal Blues wands the same or is there slight differences? Because I have three and they all look slightly different but still much lighter than Primroses much darker purple wand.

Also, the light purple pink combs...I again have three @_@ My head is literally spinning because the differences are so stinking SLIGHT!

I'm going to take a picture so you can see what I'm dealing with.

With Flash

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Without

ANY help would be amazing <3

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+522)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Princess Accessory Confusion
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 03:01:07 PM »
Age/fading/yellowing/dye-batches lots of things can play a factor.
Lots of mysteries. I have more wands, combs & hats than there were ponies made!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 03:17:20 PM »
Did any of them come from outside the US?

Because Hasbro in the UK and in various European countries not only didn't use the same colour of accessory for the Princesses as the US, in some cases they varied within the same release, from pony to pony.

There are also some hats which are unique to the North American issue and some to the UK, and some which are the same but with different ponies.

I have a similar problem to you in that I have a lot of wands, combs, etc and I cannot definitely match a lot of them up ><. I think it's because I have accessories from here and accessories from over in the US and the UK information, despite LadyG's hard work, is still far from complete for the UK anyway.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline kissthethunder

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2016, 04:00:09 PM »
I'm aware or the batch variations and yellowing from aging issues, but I also need to be able to tell, approximately, what belongs to who because I'm getting some conflicting info. I've been pulling up MIB photos and The wand that came with Princess Starburst looks far more pink than the two pink wands I have, which is confusing because the chances they belong to a second set princess is VERY unlikely.

I don't mind having extras and differences, because I am an accessory hoarder. Still, for my display, I'd kinda like to know if anything here is deff to a certain pony.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2016, 04:13:55 PM »
Princess accessories are always fun :P And they are certainly not helped by the fact that this clear glittery plastic is the worst for ageing and discolouring!

To answer your question - yes Serena and Royal Blue's wands are different colours. Serenas is a light purple and Royal Blues more of a pinky purple. Its so hard to tell from pictures...but I think the bottom wand looks like RBs and the one above it Serenas. :)

Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Bibsy

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2016, 05:33:53 PM »
actually think for princess wand colors My Little Wiki has some good photos that show the difference a little clearer because they are set against a white background.

http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/Princess_Wands

Even with that I have more than 12 different wand colors, which I guess is due to yellowing.  I even have a completely orange wand that I got when I purchased someone's childhood collection, so I'm certain it's not a replica, just very discolored.

Offline kissthethunder

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 06:51:07 AM »
actually think for princess wand colors My Little Wiki has some good photos that show the difference a little clearer because they are set against a white background.

Even with that I have more than 12 different wand colors, which I guess is due to yellowing.  I even have a completely orange wand that I got when I purchased someone's childhood collection, so I'm certain it's not a replica, just very discolored.

Oh noes, but if I go by this, it looks like it's the opposite of what Hathorcat said T_T I'm so confused

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+522)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2016, 06:58:14 AM »
Yep, don't bother trying to match them up... It will drive anyone crazy! I just keep all mine together.

Offline kissthethunder

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2016, 09:21:07 AM »
Yep, don't bother trying to match them up... It will drive anyone crazy! I just keep all mine together.

My problem is I display my princess ponies with thier accessories...being relatively ocd makes it infuriating not knowing for certain...

Anything anyone can tell me about the combs?

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2016, 12:34:50 PM »

This is what I've taken to doing, aside from the MIB ones which resolve themselves. Actually, 2nd set stuff is much easier anyway. I had thought that the US release was more consistent than the one we had over here (as we know we had them 2 years running, so the chances of variations are high) but it's starting to sound not.

There are quite a lot of MIB US issue Princesses floating around though. I wonder if a detailed comparison of images would help or would make the situation worse...?
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2016, 02:39:39 PM »

Its real :) Its a UK release. Princess Ruby it came with.
Loa is my love god!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2016, 02:44:20 PM »

Yeah. Its not as pale as Moondust's but way paler than Pristina's.

Although Ruby didn't always come with it. My friend gave me her Ruby and all her accessories when she gave me her ponies. She had them all new and no other princesses, and her Ruby had a lavender purple wand.

I am still looking for that pink one, as I know it's the one LadyG's MIB one has...but it seems elusive...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Bibsy

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2016, 02:50:18 PM »

Hmm, I'd be surprised if it came from the UK.  I bought it in the US from a girl who was the most meticulous child I've ever seen about keeping all of the accessories with every pony and she definitely had bushwoolies, not dragons.  More confusion....

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2016, 02:53:29 PM »

Hmm, I'd be surprised if it came from the UK.  I bought it in the US from a girl who was the most meticulous child I've ever seen about keeping all of the accessories with every pony and she definitely had bushwoolies, not dragons.  More confusion....

Let's not forget that the weird variant princesses over here often came in US boxes, with bushwoolies and accessories or parts to ponies that were definitely never sold here officially.

I wonder whether it was all that organised or whether, when they ran out of one, they shoved in another and it was just a fluke.

Like the pink and aqua hat for Amethyst, here. A very small number of people had them, and she was drawn with it always, but (as LadyG will testify, LOL) the majority were sold with Sapphire's hat, and the surviving UK MIBs are also with Sapphire hats.

If these all came out of the same factory, which they would have, probably, there's every possibility that different batches had occasional variations along the way.

Albeit I would call the UK release Ruby wand pink, not orange, from the pics I've seen/LadyG's MIB pic.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 02:55:07 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2016, 02:58:32 PM »

Random accessories with ponies or ponies on travels from other countries are more common then we think :)
Loa is my love god!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal