collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 93893 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #540 on: April 04, 2023, 09:21:09 AM »
Two words.

Virgin Media.

That's all.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: April 04, 2023, 09:46:42 AM »
Sometimes my parents can be so annoying.  :argh: :argh:

Those that check this thread often know that we've had a lot of Internet issues lately.  Just when we think that everything is fixed, something else happens. :(  My mom wanted to get on Disney + today.  I told her that I didn't think that was a good idea right then as we've had some trouble with our Internet going out when the wind gets bad.  She said we should try anyway. I logged on and we were only about 5 minutes in to the show when the Internet went down.  She thinks I'm mad at her.  I'm not really mad, it's just I told her it would probably go out and that's exactly what happened.  I've tried to tell her Disney + isn't fun for me if we have a lot of issues while trying to watch.  *sigh* And that's coming from a person that loves Disney.

I think this is related to the issue I need to have surgery for (at least I hope it is).  I've been struggling with exhaustion lately.  A day at work wears me out to the point that I can barely function the next day.  I know that's not normal.  I'm doing all of the right things (usually no caffeine after a certain time, don't stay up extra late when I have to work the next day, weekly B 12 shots, taking vitamins with extra iron etc..)   A few months ago one of my drs ran an iron test to see if I needed iron infusions because I told her about being  extremely tired, but I never heard anything back from her.  It's only been recently though that the exhaustion has gotten to this point.

@Beth -on the email address on file with the bookstore, the letters were right but the domain was wrong.

Ponyfan

« Last Edit: April 04, 2023, 10:01:47 AM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: April 04, 2023, 11:53:09 AM »
Sleep, AGAIN!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #543 on: April 04, 2023, 04:18:29 PM »
More complaints, mostly all tech related.  :dumbpc:

I plugged my phone in the charger at 11 this morning.  This afternoon I checked it and it was almost at 100%.  After I played a game with the phone still plugged in, I noticed that my battery had stopped charging and my phone was down to 56%. My charger quit working.  I'll have to get another plug and cable soon.

Friday I was printing some Lego instructions and ran the color cartridge out of ink while printing. My mom bought me a new cartridge on Sat and said it should be enough to finish what I was printing. I only printed that pages that didn't print well and the cartridge ran out of some ink. When I told my mom about it she said it was because the instructions were mostly in color.  Now I have to get another color cartridge. :(  I don't even print a lot of stuff.

My surge protector, battery back up thing that I plug in my computer, router etc.. in to started beeping for the 2nd time over the weekend.  It's worn out. I picked up a new after work yesterday, but I've been too tired most of the day to set it up.  I felt a little better after a nap, but since we're having trouble with the Internet blinking in and out again due to the wind, I didn't want to make things worse.

My e-reader has been acting up. When I look for ebooks, it tells me there's no items matching my search terms, even though I can go  to a book that's already in my library, click on details and then it will show me that book and a few others.  My mom's e-reader is still working correctly though.

Ponyfan

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #544 on: April 05, 2023, 04:34:45 AM »
I'm sorry you're having such a tough time, Ponyfan :hug: About the printer, you should be able to set it so it prints in black and white. Unless you want it in color.

I'm out of my Vyvanse again. I asked my psychiatrist if she could up it again to 70 mg, which is the highest dose. She said she wants to wait until I see the neurologist and what she says because Vyvanse constricts the blood vessels. Okay, that's fine, I understand that. But I'm out of it now and will be for several days. Without it I'm even more fatigued and tired than usual, and my brain is foggy. Plus, when I start taking it again, especially if it will be the higher dose, it will make me manic. I don't really mind that because I can get so much done, but it's not good because it releases too much dopamine and then I could have a crash into depression. So far that hasn't happened but it's something to be mindful about.

Other than that, I have a meeting across the street for the yearly lease agreement. I'm missing two things, my proof of income and the IRS proof of non-filing form. I already requested the form from the IRS, they just need to mail it (I don't know why I can't just download one and print it out... the government is so behind the times as far as technology goes). The proof of income I'm not sure about that. I guess it comes from my niece out of my dad's money. But half of that money should be mine... we need to talk about it. She's been out of town for a week.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: April 05, 2023, 10:25:08 PM »
I think it's time to replace my laptop.  I've had this one since 2011 and it can't support Windows 11.  It takes a long time to start up and sometimes it can't keep up with how fast I type.  I don't want to look for a new laptop.  Part of why I picked this one is because it is a pretty metallic lavender color.  It seems like the ones that have the programming capability that I need only come in ugly colors and the ones in pretty colors are useless for anything other than surfing Facebook and making Tiktok videos.  I know that black is classic but everyone else in my family has black.  I don't want it.  Even decorating it with stickers or something isn't that appealing. 

I can deal with the color not being to my liking but as this is the trivial complaint thread...I don't want to! :razz:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #546 on: April 06, 2023, 10:19:05 AM »
Feeling sad today :sad:

To keep on topic though, I think I need to replace my faucet filter. My water tastes like dirt.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline starscout

• Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pony blog
« Reply #547 on: April 06, 2023, 10:53:35 AM »
Had a little bit of scotch last night... but I had forgotten that I had taken some Ativan earlier in the day. Needless to say, I felt horrible last night and I still feel sick today. :jealous:

art commissions non-MLP sales post

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: April 06, 2023, 01:29:57 PM »
I'm an idiot, and forgot my key.

Post Merge: April 06, 2023, 01:30:19 PM

Feeling sad today :sad:

To keep on topic though, I think I need to replace my faucet filter. My water tastes like dirt.

:hug:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #549 on: April 06, 2023, 03:28:59 PM »
Thanks BC :hug:  :hug:

My parents keep doing things that are annoying me although I don't think they are doing it on purpose.

I had to get a shot today. The office has a strict rule that only patients are allowed in the treatment area unless there are no other patients being treated in the same area due to privacy concerns.  I have to wait 30 minutes after my shot at the office so the staff can be sure I don't have a negative reaction.  My parents usually go somewhere close by and wait until I tell them I'm ready to leave. I don't have a problem with that at all.

Today when I got in the car after my appointment, I noticed they had been to McDonald's and got drinks. When I asked my mom why they didn't buy me one (sometimes they do) she said she didn't think about getting one. :(  They also went to a store I wanted to go while I was busy with my shot appointment.  On the way home my mom said that she saw a Lego set, but she was sure it wasn't the one I wanted.  When I showed her a picture of it, she said it was the one I was looking for, but she didn't think it was because I told her it was $10 and  the tag on the shelf said. $14.

We're still having to share the same phone charger.  I checked her phone because my battery was getting low and my mom acted like she was upset that I had checked.  She unplugged her phone and took it to the bedroom saying "I'll just plug it in here."  I tried to tell her that wasn't planning on using the charger yet, but I was going to switch the phones out in about 30 minutes because I was going to do something else that didn't involve using my phone.

I told my mom that wanted to try to hook up the new surge protector/battery back up thing this afternoon.  I told her that I thought it was best that the Smart TV wasn't on while I would be unplugging everything (including the router and the modem) and plugging it back in to the new one.  My mom and I left for a short time.  When we got back my dad was using the Smart TV.  To be fair, I didn't tell him that I wanted the Smart TV off to hook everything back up, but he said "I just turned it on" and I didn't want him to feel like I was saying he couldn't watch the Smart TV.  So now I have to wait another day to plug it in.  When I told my mom she acted surprised that I hadn't changed everything over to the new surge protector yet.  How am I supposed to do that when my dad's using the Smart TV and my mom wanted to play Farmville on Facebook?

Also, one of the lights in a floor lamp was flickering. I told my  mom about it a few das ago and she said we didn't have light bulbs.  When I turned the lamp on this morning, the bulb starting flickering again. My mom insisted we didn't have light bulbs.  My dad got 2 boxes of bulbs down and she starting looking at one box.  She pulled out a bulb and said "It looks exactly the same."  When I told her she had been saying that we didn't have the right kind she said "I didn't know we had these."

I hate it when I feel like my parents aren't listening to a thing I say.   :argh: :argh:

Ponyfan

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: April 07, 2023, 01:36:42 AM »
I just had ten seconds of your life Ponyfan, & was reminded exactly why I have as little as possible xxx

It's my father. He comes round when I'm finishing in the bathroom, then acts all shocked when I come to the door. "Oh, you're THERE!!!"
I was on the bl**dy t**let!!!
"Do you really have to shout like an a***hole???"
*when you treat me like you just scraped me off your shoe & have less patience than the couriers I do*
Gave him what I meant to give him in December & he got back in the car & left.
Needed Bakana, hot choc, & my fave server after that...

Oh & my fingers are at it again...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #551 on: April 07, 2023, 03:44:27 AM »
It's family complaint time it seems.

My niece has turned her phone off. I've been trying to text her for two days and I finally decided to call. It went right to voicemail. I texted my other niece and asked if she'd talked to Lily lately and she said no. It's very important I talk to my niece! She has my money for my bills and my rent is due. She also has to fill out some paperwork for my lease agreement. Plus, we still haven't talked about my dads money. I should get at least half. I'm his only daughter. My sister and my niece's "father" (they've never met, he's a career criminal and in prison) stole my dads coins years ago. They were supposed to be my and my sister's inheritance, he bought at least two of everything. So that was taken away from me. Then I'm not in the will, which really hurts. On top of everything, my niece HAS money. She's a trust fund baby, she's never had to work or worry about anything her whole life so far. I don't have any money. I have some change in a dresser drawer and that's it.

Anyway, I need my rent and bill money at the very least. She's ignoring everyone. That's her way of dealing with grief, which I understand, but when you have responsibilities to other people you can't just shut them out! If she doesn't want to worry about doling out money to me every month then give me half of what my dad had. I don't even know how much money he had, but I know he had three bank accounts.

I also need that money to pay off my mom's debt. She owes 2200 to Solaris and 1700 on a credit card. Since she can only keep $130 a month, she won't be able to pay them off for a long time, so I thought I'd use my dads money and pay them.

Bottom line, I'm really upset and angry at my niece right now. The 10th is when late charges are added for not paying rent. My internet is also due on the 10th.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #552 on: April 07, 2023, 06:40:09 PM »
:hug: :hug:   to everyone dealing with difficult family members.

I've gotten along better with my parents today, but it hasn't been a stress free day.

I thought we'd found the right charger for my phone at Target.  I told the cashier working the electronics counter that I wanted to be sure it was the right charger before I bought it (my mom had the old one in her pocket so we could be sure it was the same.)  The cashier assured me that it was the exact same charger, so I bought it and a new charging cable.  After I got home and opened the charger, I realized it wasn't the right one.  I had to go back to Target to return it and get a refund.  At least Target accepted the return easily and apologized that the cashier told me it was the right one.

After I got back from Target, I decided to hook up the new surge protector.  It was both easier than I thought it would be and a harder.   I was able to do most of it myself, but I had to have a little bit of help with a couple of things.  The surge protector had 6 outlets and there was one plug that I thought went to a lamp.  My dad came in the office and tried to turn on his desk light.  It turns out the one thing that I didn't plug back in was an extension cord that powers the desk lamp and his desk light.  It took a little effort to move the cord over so he could plug it in somewhere else. I would have plugged it in to the surge protector, but the modem and router power supplies would only fit one way and although there is one more outlet free, I can't squeeze the extension cord in between the other two.

I'm so tired.  I feel like I can barely keep my eyes open. :zzz:

Ponyfan

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #553 on: April 09, 2023, 11:39:02 PM »
I have the hiccups for the second time today :mad:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: April 10, 2023, 01:17:55 PM »
My tummy is full of acid and I'm trying to start stories but no-one is answering -_- The messages are read, but not responded to.

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal