collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Taobao :muffin: Pony Confirmed Fake  (Read 19614 times)

Keiri

• Trade Count: (0)
Taobao :muffin: Pony Confirmed Fake
« on: April 12, 2012, 04:01:03 PM »
Didn't see a topic on this yet so I thought it'd be okay to start one..

I don't know if I'm allowed to link to EQD or not, but here's some copypaste. It's out of order so you'll have to read bottom to top. I'm still having a mini heart attack over this, sorry.

Response Via Email (Veronica)
04/12/2012 03:30 PM
Hi Shaun,

Thank you for waiting for my response.

The My Little Pony look-a-like in the link you provided is not a Hasbro product.

Thank you.
Response Via Email (Veronica)
04/11/2012 02:17 PM
Hi Shaun,

Thank you for contacting Hasbro, Inc. regarding My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I appreciate your interest!

I am sorry to advise that the information you have requested is not readily available.

Your question has been shared with our team for assistance. Please be assured I will notify you once the information is available.

I thank you, in advance, for your patience.
Customer By Web Form (Shaun)
04/08/2012 08:46 PM
A website called Taobao.com recently had :muffin: Pony Hooves toys for sale that looked surprisingly realistic.

It looks like these have now migrated over to ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Official-UNRELEASED-:muffin: Pony-HOOVES-Ditzy-Doo-My-Little-Pony-Friendship-Magic-G4-/160776715590?_trksid=p4340.m1374&_trkparms=algo%3DUPI.GIROS%26its%3DI%252BC%252BS%26itu%3DUCI%252BUCC%26otn%3D13%26pmod%3D280859278691%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D7586229672463402976#ht_9360wt_1270

I am trying to determine if these toys are actually going to be legitimately released in the future. The sellers on Taobao tend to have items straight from the manufacturing plants, so many people are excited about them.

Thanks for the answer!

(unnecessary stuff and last names cut out)

[/size][/font]

Offline okapishomapi

• Programming Pony
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • NERD!
    • View Profile
Re: Taobao :muffin: Pony Confirmed Fake
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 04:03:25 PM »
Oh no :(

Post Merge: April 12, 2012, 04:03:41 PM

Oh but thank you for letting us know :hug:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you, taxel and Antlercat!
Okapi's Want List ~ Fishmeal Ref ~ Shomapi Ref

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 04:03:55 PM »
I saw this on my Twitter feed. Not sure how I feel. /shrug
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline TwistedWindSox

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 04:04:50 PM »
It sucks that they're not real MLPs, but they are still darn cute, and I wish I could get a hold of one.

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 04:05:32 PM »
Ok, I guess I'm confused here because I'm wondering if Hasbro means that this is a legitimate prototype, but production was cancelled (due to the controversy) and there isn't a :muffin: Pony slated for official release, or if they never even tested out a :muffin: Pony. That makes a big difference as to whether it's really "fake" in my eyes, because I don't consider a prototype to be fake.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 04:06:08 PM »
Hmmmmmm....Hasbro Customer Services...to trust or not to trust that is the question?

I dont think I ll be stunned if it is an elaborate "fake" but I wouldnt take anything HB Customer Services say as completely accurate - they know less about their product line than we do sometimes...this is the company that denied Blind Bags were in existence for a while....

If it is a fake...wow! that will make the handful in existence shoot up in value...if its not a fake...cool more chance for the rest of us to track them down.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2012, 04:06:50 PM »
I am not taking what Hasbro says at face value. They often give people the runaround with information they are not allowed to give out. Namely the blind bags before they showed up in the US. People were told we were getting them, then told Hasbro didn't know what they were talking about.. then they weren't coming out here at all.. then they showed up in the US.

Keiri

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2012, 04:09:20 PM »
Guess I got too overexcited, sorry guys.  :blush:  This was just a shock to me.. I do hope that the rep was just misinformed or Hasbro is lying.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2012, 04:11:37 PM »
Hey...pony news is pony news! You should always post it - get it out there!

Customer Services *could* be right on this one occasion...I am just sceptical as they tend to lead people a merry dance when you try and get a straight answer out of them - guess we ll only find out as time goes on!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2012, 04:18:55 PM »
Ha agreed, this just makes :muffin: Pony even more mysterious :)

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2012, 04:22:25 PM »
The problem I've seen so far is that as soon as a prototype has been seen on Tao, the actually pony is announced not too long after. Or at least that is what it seems to me. We have yet to see anything official about Ditzy Doo (Yes I'm going to call her by her show name from the first season >.> ;) being released as a Fashion Style pony.

How long has that :muffin: Pony been out on Tao?
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2012, 04:23:43 PM »
If a company sees a future product (or a prototype that they decided not to go forward with) is out in the online community and being sold on ebay and other places, my guess is that they're going to deny all knowledge immediately. It would cause too much backlash on them if they legitimize a product that's not even close to available yet, or acknowledge that a toy that was going to come out is no longer going to be made (especially if they know how popular she is with the fan base.)

Or, as we've said, it could be some parts of Hasbro have no idea what other parts are doing lol.

I'm not giving up hope yet! I really don't see how these could be made if they weren't a prototype. A factory worker would have had to sneak in and use a FS mold without permission, mix up a totally unique color for the plastic since that's not Rainbow Dash's blue, hair her with hair that doesn't exist in any other FS pony, and also somehow create the eyes and cutie mark from scratch. I just don't see it happening, even if a factory worker was aware of how popular she is to the online community.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2012, 04:44:40 PM »

I'm not giving up hope yet! I really don't see how these could be made if they weren't a prototype. A factory worker would have had to sneak in and use a FS mold without permission, mix up a totally unique color for the plastic since that's not Rainbow Dash's blue, hair her with hair that doesn't exist in any other FS pony, and also somehow create the eyes and cutie mark from scratch. I just don't see it happening, even if a factory worker was aware of how popular she is to the online community.
This!! :)
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Megans_Cousin

• Trade Count: (+59)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2012, 04:47:18 PM »
Whoo, :muffin: Pony... I'm going to echo what others have said here. A prototype is not a fake. If she was just a look-a-like, she'd have to be one of the most elaborate hoaxes ever! Also, what about Minty, Sweetie Blue and that lil yellow unicorn with purple hair? Are they all fakes too? It would've been interesting to hear what Hasbro had to say about those.

My flickr (lots of dolls!): http://www.flickr.com/photos/35518851@N07/

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2012, 05:05:49 PM »
I'm thinking prototype. The more I think about it, the more I think she is going to be an exclusive. The Brony movement is so large and strong at the moment. I wonder if Bronycon is NY (that's the super large one yes?) is going to get their own exclusive like how we get an exclusive fair pony.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal