collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: *Update* Not so disappointed now :D  (Read 13436 times)

Okiedokieloki

• Trade Count: (0)
*Update* Not so disappointed now :D
« on: May 08, 2012, 03:24:37 PM »
So....I don't think I'll ever be ordering ANYTHING from toysrus.ca EVER again. (I did, I'm such a liar)

Last week, Torelei came in stock for a very short time so I grabbed one. I'm in a rural area, so I ended up having to pay about $9 shipping...making her about $41 with taxes.

On their website, and on the invoice that they sent to my email, it said she would be shipping through Canada Post....but she ended up being shipped through Purolator for some dumb reason that customer service can't explain to me. It "just happens sometimes." I would be fine with that.....except there is no Purolator pick up location within 100km of me. According to the email I got from TRU.ca customer service, "What will likely happen: Purolator will get this to the depot closest to your residence, then phone you a request to go there and retrieve your package. If you can not make it within 10 days they will send it back to us for a refund." I'm pretty sure I know where the closest location is to me...about 4 hours away. I don't understand this at all...why tell me that it's going to be sent through Canada Post, then randomly decide to send it by courier to a location that they don't even service?

I am seriously really disappointed right now. I don't have any way to get there, and even if I did, burning that much gas to pick up a doll that already cost me $40 is ridiculous. If I can't work something out with Purolator to send her the rest of the way by mail or something, they'll send her back. Sure I'll get a refund...but I was really looking forward to getting her...

~~Update~~

She made it! And my attempt to go check the mail and pick her up without my mom knowing was a total flop...there was no package card in the mailbox when I was there, but when my mom got off work about half an hour later and checked it, there was. So....I made up a story that I had ordered some games and they just came in a big box because Toys R Us is weird  :whistle:

Speaking of big boxes...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

And there wasn't even any packing material inside!  :shakefist:

But she was okay!

Freedom!

Okay ponies, there's a new boss around here...

Nah, just joking  :P

My first "in hand" MH doll!  :cheer: (that's not to say anything about the growing collection that is invading my boyfriend's closet in MI...I'm going to have so many to open in July XD )
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 04:49:29 PM by Okiedokieloki »

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
Re: Really, really disappointed right now.
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 03:33:33 PM »
... a lot of online stores are being REALLY stupid right now ... :\

i'll see if i can grab a Tor for ya, i see her every now and then *hug*
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Knibitz

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 03:45:26 PM »
If it doesn't work out and you don't mind being a little patient (I'm currently away from my apartment and about to move across the US at the end of the month) an are OK with her being OOB, I can sell you my Torelei for what I paid for her in the US (20$)
she sat in her box FOREVER under my desk, and I finally just deboxed her to make her easier to pack with the rest of the dolls.
She's in perfect condition with all her stuff, just out of the box :)

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 03:46:30 PM »
and Knibitz ... THAT is why i LOVE this place! :)

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Okiedokieloki

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 03:48:31 PM »
Aw, thanks guys! And Knibitz, I will totally take you up on that offer if this doesn't work out.

That's why I love this place too kamakaze lol

Offline Flaileigh

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 07:34:51 PM »
Are you in NL, as in Newfoundland? I have extras.  :satisfied:

Okiedokieloki

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 08:28:45 PM »
Are you in NL, as in Newfoundland? I have extras.  :satisfied:

Yep, I'm in Newfoundland

Offline Flaileigh

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 09:53:33 PM »
PMing you.  :)

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2012, 03:24:58 AM »
That's really sucky. Grrr. Thank goodness for the wonderful members here. I wouldn't have got so many monsters without their help.

Okiedokieloki

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2012, 03:15:50 PM »
Okay....so the shipping updated today and said my package was in transit from Corner Brook, Newfoundland....which is where I thought it would stop. So she might just show up tomorrow or Friday and I freaked out for nothing XD

Still gotta say I'm not impressed with toysrus.ca over the whole thing though... When they say "we ship through Canada Post" that's how I expect my stuff to be shipped  :hmm:

She will be my first "in hand" MH doll too! (my boyfriend has a bunch in his closet though XD)

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2012, 06:38:05 PM »
any news?! *getting all excited* lol

Okiedokieloki

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2012, 07:59:12 PM »
haha, Kamakazee  :lol:

Well, the tracking today said "in transit via CPC RR and beyond". I have no idea what the rr and beyond thing means, but CPC is Canada Post....so I'm assuming it means they put her in the mail today. Which I find hilarious.... in the Toys R Us invoice is says that she was sent as a Canada Post expedited parcel, yet the tracking number is for a courier service. The courier gets her all the way from Toronto to Corner Brook, Newfoundland and then... puts her in the mail.  :hmm:

Just seems so ridiculously convoluted.

So..hoping she'll show up tomorrow! With my luck she'll probably be defective....or the wrong doll XD
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 08:01:02 PM by Okiedokieloki »

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2012, 08:08:59 PM »
"TO NEWFOUNDLAND ... AND BEYOND!" lol

i worked for TRU for 10 years ... they can't do ANYTHING the easy way ... trust me ... lol

and i looked everywhere today for a tor, nothing ... but i found an abbey in the milk freezer at walmart ... lmao *shrug* but hopefully yours shows up for ya, cause she's awesome!

Okiedokieloki

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2012, 08:20:03 PM »
rofl, the milk freezer?? That's a new one, but it's Walmart so can't be too surprised I guess  :lol:

I'll likely be posting pictures if she shows up tomorrow  ^.^

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2012, 08:25:29 PM »
I was confused too and even for walmart it was pretty randomly rediculous lol all i can think is that a kid had her, was made to grab a thing a milk and had to sit her down and forgot her in there, but she was REALLY cold so she had to have been in thre a while lol

and pictures are a must if she arrives lol if you ungel her hair, be careful, some people ar reported her stripes come out and/or fade ... *crosses fingers*

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal