collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony Mania Ponies found in box!  (Read 11600 times)

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: Pony Mania Ponies found in box!
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2014, 11:17:28 AM »
Lol do they really think these are going to sell better than the favorites sets.
Weren't the favorites sets notorious shelfwarmers? I remember seeing Nightmare Moon's around for ages. Although there could have been some overordering involved.

But if those were shelf warmers can you imagine what this set will be, the kids I know that buy them, do not want duplicates, will be an easy pass since they are creepy looking and characters they already have.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

For Sale Wants

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2014, 11:21:03 AM »
I like the box better than the ponies :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Judhudson

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2014, 11:27:22 AM »
These frighten me.

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2014, 11:30:49 AM »
Still not interested, but maybe if someone sells Rainbow and Flutters on their own I might pick them up :P

Lol do they really think these are going to sell better than the favorites sets.
Weren't the favorites sets notorious shelfwarmers? I remember seeing Nightmare Moon's around for ages. Although there could have been some overordering involved.
If that's the case, I wish they'd send them over here - We haven't had new ponies in a long time.

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2014, 12:28:58 PM »
Still not interested, but maybe if someone sells Rainbow and Flutters on their own I might pick them up :P

If that's the case, I wish they'd send them over here - We haven't had new ponies in a long time.

Problem is...UK TRU would double or triple their prices like they did with Pinkie's Boutique so they'd likely shelfwarm here, too =/
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2014, 12:31:14 PM »
Do not like them at all. They look like those overdone fakies that have hearts and stars all over them, but these are their gothic counterparts. And besides that, rereleases! Ugh!

I love the idea of goth ponies, but if they were gonna do it, why not make new characters? I'd snap them up instantly.

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2014, 12:38:02 PM »
I will probably buy this just for the Rarity and then sell off the rest. I like that Rarity

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2014, 12:43:32 PM »
*zips up wallet* Thanks Hasbro, I needed more money for other brands' toys!

I seriously don't know who they think they are marketing to with this set. Parents will not buy these for their kids, collectors do not want more of the same characters they already have, and are 'goth ponies' really a thing the brony community was clamoring for? Those are the only three markets of MLP toys that I can think of.

Maybe, like Equestria Girls, they are trying to catch the eye of the next age bracket demographic, the pre-teen girls. But I seriously doubt this set is going to do that.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2014, 12:51:07 PM »
I was trying to like this set this morning when I saw it pop up on tumblr but the more I see it the more I dislike it. Someone even had the audacity to talk about how varied the g4 line is....an here is me thinking the g4 line is the same ponies over an over.

Also I noticed on tumblr people calling them gothic and I don't see them as gothic. Throwing random symbols all over them and giving them weird stockings and thick black eyeliner doesn't make them gothic.

Now, if this set had been something elegant. And the ponies had been in all black, red, whites and greys I'd totally be into both buying this and calling it gothic but meh, the color combos and symbol placement on some of them looks randomly bad IMO.

The stockings on Celestia, I really dislike the stockings on her. It just totally rubs me the wrong way for some reason.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2014, 01:03:00 PM »
Now, if this set had been something elegant. And the ponies had been in all black, red, whites and greys I'd totally be into both buying this and calling it gothic
Personally I'm still waiting for russian propaganda poster ponies.

Offline okamigirl64

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • "I used to wonder what friendship could be."
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2014, 01:11:11 PM »
Now, if this set had been something elegant. And the ponies had been in all black, red, whites and greys I'd totally be into both buying this and calling it gothic
Personally I'm still waiting for russian propaganda poster ponies.

I would totally buy those!  :lol:

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2014, 02:17:01 PM »
Since this set only has six ponies compared to the seven of the earlier Fan Favorite sets, I wonder if it'll cost less than the last two. I'm honestly looking forward to getting these.  Sure, the designs could be a little more thought out, but I like them, especially RD. And getting different versions of the Mane 6 doesn't bother me.

Although, I can picture these things being on the shelves for a loooong time, like the giant talking Princess Twilight.

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2014, 02:24:46 PM »
I'll admit, I like them. X3 They're pretty... gnarly, I guess? I dunno, they're fun. While they are rereleases of characters we've seen dozens of times before, at least it's very obviously something different, rather than just a gradient or tinsel added.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Sawkinator

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2014, 02:33:49 PM »
"Pony Mania"? lolwut

Weird that the box art doesn't match the ponies themselves. And is it just me or have the designs changed a bit from the ones at the Toy Fair?

I'll pass either way, I don't like their designs and they're not new characters.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2014, 03:30:12 PM »

Problem is...UK TRU would double or triple their prices like they did with Pinkie's Boutique so they'd likely shelfwarm here, too =/

The current favourites set is certainly shelf warming in my local stores - £39.99 for 7 ponies may not actually be too expensive [£5-6 per pony] but I think when you compare it to what else can be bought for the same price it suddenly feels pricey for many people.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal