collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone else miss the pony points program?  (Read 4701 times)

Offline EvilMuffins

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: Anyone else miss the pony points program?
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2012, 03:42:40 PM »
I miss it SO much. They should do like they are doing LPS and have you buy a special membership set before you can send in the points. It might help them with the cost.

Offline ember86

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • A very picky little pony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2012, 04:54:12 PM »
I think they canceled the g3 points program because of the mix up with the Jumbo FrillyFrocks shipping price. I was one of ones lucky enough to get the two dollar shipping.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
  Thank you Scraleos for my sig! Thank you MLPmintchocolatechip for my a avatar  Have a very pony day [you]
My etsy shop

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2012, 05:17:22 PM »
Just because they made an error with the giant Frilly Frocks doesn't mean theycouldn't start the program again.  That was ages (and one full) generation ago.

I would love to see it return.  Disney movies has a rewards program ( of which I am a member) and so do a number of stores.  Why not ponies?  Or, at the very least, a good fan club.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline BabyIceCrystal

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • Active collector since 1983
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2012, 05:22:47 PM »
I think they canceled the g3 points program because of the mix up with the Jumbo FrillyFrocks shipping price. I was one of ones lucky enough to get the two dollar shipping.

This.
I imagine they took a huge hit mailing out all those "free" Frilly Frocks for only $2 instead of the intended $20. The way big corporations like that work, they would have assessed the lose in that program as it's own internal thing and cut it. I was pretty disappointed myself, I had JUST saved up enough points to order one (at the regular $20 shipping) but that was the day they cancelled the program. I think it's a mistake on Hasbro's part to not start a program for G4. There's a much wider demographic now which has proven they will spend obscene amounts for exclusives and wouldn't hesitate to buy even more store ponies for the points to get them. Think about what the handmade plush G4s go for on eBay due to the lack from Hasbro. Can you imagine what would happen if they started offering official ones as exclusive mail orders?

As for the G1s... I can't fathom the reason, but I was not allowed to send away for mail orders as a kid even though I saved the horseshoe points from my over 50 childhood ponies. To think of all the extra ponies I could have had from all those points!

Want List

ScarletSeraph

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2012, 07:32:04 PM »
One other thing about the G3 points program was that it assumed we all had access to computers/printers and could print out the order forms. I had to beg people to snail mail me forms - I'm not even a social caterpillar, let alone a butterfly, and at the time, I didn't have any offline friends that could have done it for me (and to be honest I don't know that I could count on anyone to do it now, either; I know some people through my barn, but I don't even see them often or talk to them outside that) - and because I had such a hard time getting hold of them, I missed out on both the first two G3 mail orders and the giant Frilly Frocks.

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2012, 08:23:48 PM »
I second, third, fourth and FIFTH a G4 Points Program!  It would be fun!  Even if they just made a handful of "special" playful ponies as the rewards!  I don't see the need for huge pony rewards, just lil ones!

Offline TwistedWindSox

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2012, 08:33:10 PM »
I was just thinking about this a couple days ago!
I would love to see another horseshoe point program thing start up. I only got one mail order as a kid (g2 seaspray or something like that). I would love to have a chance to get some exclusive ponies again. :)

Offline ember86

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • A very picky little pony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2012, 08:58:44 PM »
I wonder if we could write to Hasbro and ask them?
  Thank you Scraleos for my sig! Thank you MLPmintchocolatechip for my a avatar  Have a very pony day [you]
My etsy shop

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2012, 09:24:35 PM »
DO WANT!! OMG, I would gladly buy extra ponies if it meant I could get a MO G4...! @_@
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline RavenWolf

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2012, 09:45:48 PM »
I have mixed feelings here... I would love to have special mail order ponies... But on the other hand I keep all my store bought ponies MIB, so that would present an interesting dilemma. lol
hum I wonder what it is about getting a pony in the mail that makes it so much more special then ones you went out and bought? ;)

Boldly going where no pony has gone before...

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2012, 11:32:07 PM »
I do! I do! I think with the HUGE fandom that is current, it would do really well! :D
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline EmberBright

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Disregard the Prologue - my blog about... um... everything
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2012, 04:19:41 AM »
I think the program would do well right now, but I can't see Hasbro doing it unless it benefited them financially, in a direct way. As far as I can tell, Bronies and other G4 collectors don't really need incentive to buy ponies- points or no points, they're buying them all!

Does anyone else wonder if people would try to get most of the MO stock and then sell it for hugely inflated prices? I know it's just the way things happen now, and I have no problem with people reselling, but would make me sad if it meant kids not getting the toys that were made for them. Is there a way they could make sure there were enough ponies for everyone, or did they just go until they ran out in previous generations? I can't remember.

Saving up horseshoe points was SO fun when I was a kid, and a great way for kids to learn the value of saving. I'd totally make a project of it with my kids if it did happen, and like someone else said, I'd LOVE it if it meant a way to get playset exclusives without the playset!. :)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 04:30:23 AM by EmberBright »

Disregard the Prologue

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2012, 01:11:19 PM »
I think we would need to challenge Hasbro's internal ideas of how much money they lose to people stealing their products because there was rampant theft during the G3 points program, if we wanted to have a mail order program back.  The G3 Frilly Frocks was a mess... I was only a few points away from getting her too - but for $25 shipping that they offered later.  :) 

I admit they could totally do it, especially with an online capacity but it would be another department they would have to run...  ;)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2012, 03:55:56 PM »
I think we would need to challenge Hasbro's internal ideas of how much money they lose to people stealing their products because there was rampant theft during the G3 points program, if we wanted to have a mail order program back.  The G3 Frilly Frocks was a mess... I was only a few points away from getting her too - but for $25 shipping that they offered later.  :) 

I admit they could totally do it, especially with an online capacity but it would be another department they would have to run...  ;)

Oh what happened with the "theft" during G3...was this just stock showing up for sale on ebay etc?
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline TraderTif

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2012, 02:33:22 AM »
I totally miss it - just the other day, I found my pile of 800+ G3 points, which I still have sitting around......  :P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal