collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pokémon Go! Lapras and Articuno  (Read 90367 times)

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon Go! Come talk to me about it?
« Reply #765 on: November 07, 2016, 08:02:10 PM »
I was able to get Pokestops from the car today. I did notice that they seemed to be giving out twice as much stuff too.

sailorstitch

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: November 07, 2016, 08:46:32 PM »
I saw a ton of posts on Reddit of other people not being able to spin stops while in the car, so at least I know it isn't just me. It would suck if it's just a glitch that a few of us are experiencing, but based on Niantic making it so Pokémon don't spawn while you're going too fast, I wouldn't be surprised if the new update from today really does speed lock stops as well.

I walked to the only stop up the street and got like 10 items, so that's cool. Doesn't negate how angry I am with them, though.

Oh, the increase in items at stops and more Pokémon spawns is basically an event. The 7th through the 11th. Enjoy it while it lasts.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 08:56:54 PM by Rainbowrific Renia »
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: November 07, 2016, 08:53:16 PM »
Pokestops in my car didn't work at first for me earlier today and I thought maybe I had to restart my app, but then I tried some more and it worked. Hmmmm. That's a really annoying and stupid thing for them to do if they did.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: November 07, 2016, 09:03:14 PM »
I think you only get items from the stops if you're driving slow enough, like how sometimes you can see the nearby Pokemon/have them spawn while you slow down in traffic or at an intersection. Otherwise I've noticed the 'try again' thing since yesterday, and I, too, relied on being a passenger for most of my items. Luckily the GPS is off at work and I usually get to access two while my trainer runs around like crazy (discovered it's a great way to hatch eggs too, I don't care if I'm cheating and get banned at this rate).

I don't think it's too helpful, or how global it will become (right now it's just a few Canadian cities), but Pokejoin is slowly expanding, but apparently can be fairly inaccurate with times. It was never great with finding Pokemon in my area before it went down compared to FPM, but at least it's something. Though, in general I've only been 'playing' at work (did get an Omanyte, Kabuto, and Dratini there though), and checking in every so often at home (and crazily had a Snorlax and Vulpix pop up at the same time today, wish the Lax was a Licki or Chansey though).

Glad to know I'm not just overly bitter and you guys agree that it's getting worse and worse. Niantic seriously needs to learn some game theory. Your vision should never deter you from what the majority of your players clearly want.

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: November 07, 2016, 10:39:58 PM »
Yup, Niantic is killing their own game. They speed locked Pokestops, so even if you are a passenger and you tap the I'm a Passenger prompt, you won't be able to access stops of the car is going over 5mph.

That was literally the only way I could get stops on a daily basis. The building I work in is a stop, but my avatar is frickin' stupid and just runs around the parking lot so I can never spin the stop WHILE I'M JUST SITTING AT MY DESK.

I've heard that people with the Plus wristband for the game are also unable to get Pokémon or stops while driving.

Niantic, what the hell are you doing?

I'm also thinking of quitting the game. Even if I go walking around my neighborhood, I won't pass any stops. All the stops are on the other side of town. This is crap.

That's such a shame, cuz there's no pokestops near my residential area, either. :( (Except up on the hiking trails ... so unless you wanna hike straight up the side of a mountain, you are kind of out of luck!) I was only ever able to get stops on a regular basis by hitting the ones as we drove by, too.
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline dashesndots

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • My facebook Art page
« Reply #770 on: November 08, 2016, 05:24:38 AM »
Very bummed as I have one stop I can hit 2X a day - to and from work - and now I can't hit it at all if we're actually going, you know, the speed limit.  :blink:  We happened to be behind a slow driver this morning so I got it, but there goes pretty much any chance of getting more eggs, unless I happen to go into the next town over and walk around - it's just not something I do or want to do very often :/

ETA - I just want to clarify that I'm a PASSENGER during these commutes.  I'd never drive and play.

My husband argued with me that if they want you to walk, then they should be able to put parameters that force you to do that.  :huh: I just think that's alienating A LOT of their player base, including those who live in rural areas & areas that have an actual freezing cold winter.  Sure I can still play, but it becomes just another micro transaction game when I run out of pokeballs.  -_-   
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 06:57:37 AM by dashesndots »

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: November 08, 2016, 06:15:18 AM »
Well rats. Maybe once a month we go to the city to restock by going down the road with the most stops.

It's just going to alienate me from playing...

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline okamigirl64

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • "I used to wonder what friendship could be."
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: November 08, 2016, 06:48:06 AM »
I honestly wouldn't play if I wasn't currently attending a big state college so not only do I hit many pokestops just by walking to class around campus but I also get K's on my eggs too.
I really hate the speed limit though, now I can't spin stops when I'm catching the bus back to my place.

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: November 08, 2016, 06:50:25 AM »
I do agree to an extent that if the game is meant solely for walking, then limit what you can do while in a vehicle BUT what about people who go running and want to play? I'm new to running, but I can easily go over 5mph, which seems to be the limit for getting stops and having Pokémon spawn.

I just can't see myself caring about this game unless they introduce Gen 2 sometime soon. Even then, there's so much wrong with this game now. Heck, the tracker thing is the least of my problems with the game at this point.
Instagram / Want List

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: November 08, 2016, 06:58:10 AM »
I do agree to an extent that if the game is meant solely for walking, then limit what you can do while in a vehicle BUT what about people who go running and want to play? I'm new to running, but I can easily go over 5mph, which seems to be the limit for getting stops and having Pokémon spawn.

I just can't see myself caring about this game unless they introduce Gen 2 sometime soon. Even then, there's so much wrong with this game now. Heck, the tracker thing is the least of my problems with the game at this point.

I don't understand it. Why remove it now? I walked when I played... In my city I was walking 5 miles and barely got any stops and drained all my balls. That's why I restocked in the city.

So this might be final nail in coffin (had been waiting for tracking).  I wanted to play this game so much... Sigh.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: November 08, 2016, 07:49:50 PM »
Silliness: I opened the app and found myself in a tight spot Sunday.

I'm liking this increased-spawn-and-Pokestop-items event. Before I realized it was going on, I was so surprised and had the most bizarre time at one of my favorite Pokémon-hunting spots, a small park on the water with three Pokestops and a gym. There's usually a good mix of Magikarp, Poliwags, Oddish, Eevees, other commons, and at one particular Pokestop usually something that doesn't naturally spawn in my area (like Ground type Pokémon or once a Clefairy, once a Ponyta). Imagine my surprise when this time I'm mobbed by three Mankeys at the Pokestop :blink:, which I never see around here.

I go to the special Pokestop in the park and there are still more Mankeys, and then a Voltorb, cool, which I didn't have, along with an Eevee, and then in rapid succession a Sandshrew and a Jigglypuff, and tons of Pokémon showing up on the radar, like Seel and Shellder, who I never ended up finding. I was mobbed by Mankeys again. Then I went to several other stops and again found tons of Pokémon (not Mankeys, though); and when my sister and I walked around the neighborhood later we occasionally found Pokémon nearly piled up on top of each other, lol. There was also a Growlithe in our neighborhood for the first and only time. Finally I read up on it and discovered that it was part of an event. I will never forget the day I was mobbed by Mankeys, lol. I thought I hated monkeys of any kind but they're actually kind of cute.

The downside to recent changes for me is the new gym mechanics; my Pokémon were kicked out of their respective gyms over the weekend and I can't get back into a friendly gym with the new system. I'll have to go attack someone else's, but my Pokémon aren't overly strong and I've never taken down eight defenders (which is about the minimum level of gym around here).

Also, I would like to report that I have a beautiful Dragonair! She's not for battling, not really, just for show, heh. I evolved her after walking my Dratini a loonng time and with the help of the Halloween event and hatching a Dratini. I've really really wanted a Dragonair ever since the one I encountered two months ago ran away.

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: November 08, 2016, 11:02:28 PM »
My phone isn't compatable  -_-

I watched some salaryman who was on the train next to me play >.<

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: November 09, 2016, 08:01:30 AM »
I think all they did was tighten up the games gps tracker so you have to have the timing exact to get the pokestops when in a moving car?
I got 3 out of 5 yesterday when my friend and I went into town, but I noticed I had to be a LOT more careful on the timing and not spin them too hard, so I didn't move out of range before they were done.

I've been pretty lucky with this week, too: from my house I caught a Chansey one day, and a fully evolved Machamp last night!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 08:03:41 AM by lunar_scythe »
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: November 09, 2016, 08:49:19 AM »
I've been pretty lucky with this week, too: from my house I caught a Chansey one day, and a fully evolved Machamp last night!

Ooh, a Chansey! That's awesome. Maybe one will show up here *crosses hooves*

Offline archidraca

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Boy ponies, gotta catchem all! ^w^
    • View Profile
    • Ponies A'More - ponies, love, & more!
« Reply #779 on: November 09, 2016, 09:40:11 AM »
The last couple of days on my walk I've had an Omanyte spawn near the same gym. Caught it for both myself and my youngest. I also hatched another Vulpix and a Jynx.
Creatively cute and proud of it!  Have a very good day, [you]!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
Finally got my SALES thread up and update it as I can.  :satisfied:
Lastly, posting my Wishlist here!  :biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal