collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What game are you playing? Cont.  (Read 131664 times)

Flarewing

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: What game are you playing? Cont.
« Reply #165 on: February 01, 2016, 07:41:46 AM »
Grats again on the shiny eevee! I'll have to give that a try next time I play. Something you may want to consider as an addition for your technique: a sylveon with Cute Charm ability will give you MUCH better odds of encountering Pokémon of the opposite gender. So, if you want a shiny female, use a male CC sylveon in your number one party slot. I forget the exact official percentage, but it seems to work for me 9/10 times.

Offline dashesndots

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • My facebook Art page
« Reply #166 on: February 01, 2016, 07:56:14 AM »
Congrats on the shinies!

I am plugging away at my Nat Dex, down to needing around 240 now.  I've gotten a few shinies randomly through WT (Dedenne, Hypno, Magikarp), but then my friend burst my bubble by telling me there's a way to hack them, so I have no idea if they are legit or not.  :/  So I'm looking forward to hopefully getting that shiny charm and getting some on my own.   

Princess Lala

« Reply #167 on: February 01, 2016, 09:45:52 AM »
Thanks again for the comments!!!!  :blush:

So I am back on this thread. Again.

Oh dear........ Oh my. :clover: Guys, I am NOT kidding....I ran into ANOTHER SHINY. All I was doing was going through the grass passing by after eevee hunting and SHINY SKITTY pops up. I'm NOT joking. My husband is in disbelief and freaaaaaaaaaked out! He called me a shiny Pokemon magnet and is getting me Taco Bell! He said IF I can chain him a shiny vulpix on Mt. Pyre he will buy me ANY stupid toy or doll I want! I like......WOW. I cannot believe this. If you want shinies, The Shiny Charm really seems to be doing its job! I still omg I cant believe it. Total random encounter shiny Skitty (I named him Skittles!) x3
Spoiler
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

*video of battle is already on my Instagram*

Off to try to find golden Swablu now as  I was planning! x3

*for those of you guys egg breeding for shinies, are you using the Masuada Method? (MM)? I read if you breed two of the same Pokemon from different regions of the world IRL (example one from France and one from Japan) chances of shines increase for shiny egg hatches. I've never tried it though! Maybe I should  >_<

Husband also just said with how many shines I have found this week, I should look into live podcast shiny chaining on YouTube! Hmmmm. Its definetly of interest to me!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 10:08:19 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #168 on: February 01, 2016, 10:07:01 AM »
How do you get this Shiny Charm, anyway? I'm still going through badges so I doubt I'm anywhere near it, but it'd be nice to know for the future.

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Princess Lala

« Reply #169 on: February 01, 2016, 10:13:20 AM »
How do you get this Shiny Charm, anyway? I'm still going through badges so I doubt I'm anywhere near it, but it'd be nice to know for the future.

Complete the pokedex 100%! :-3 I do not think event Pokemon are included, but just in case I had help from kind people over Chatango help me trade and trade back darkrai, arceus, and shaymin to fill in the empty pokedex spots for me! GTS was also a huge help, I mostly offered starters I hatched lol! All the other Pokemon I have been transferring to newer generations since R/S/E (to D/P/Plt, HG/SS, BWB2W2, XY, and now they are all in ORAS) that's how I got my Dex filled about 98%!

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #170 on: February 01, 2016, 11:17:46 AM »
Wow, Lala. You're definitely using magic now.

In other news, I only just started Dark Souls 2 the other day. I decided that I am never going to finish the first game (or its predecessor), so I may as well give two a try.

zenith

« Reply #171 on: February 01, 2016, 02:46:02 PM »
I haven't really played many recent games (Undertale and Starcraft 2 being exceptions).  I tend to stick to older games, and actually just finished playing through the entire original Starcraft and am planning on starting a run of Brood War soon.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 01, 2016, 08:23:12 PM »
Just for grins I thought I'd see how complete my Pokemon Crystal game was because it's been years since I last played and the file was corrupted!  I had to change out the battery inside so now I have to start all over.  Oh well...

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 02, 2016, 09:04:22 AM »
Just for grins I thought I'd see how complete my Pokemon Crystal game was because it's been years since I last played and the file was corrupted!  I had to change out the battery inside so now I have to start all over.  Oh well...
Oh no, how sad! I should check my old games and see how they fare...

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 02, 2016, 08:45:58 PM »
Oh no, how sad! I should check my old games and see how they fare...

The battery tends to dry out in the Gold, Silver, Crystal, Emerald, Ruby, and Sapphire games.  I'm hoping that with the release of Blue, Red and Yellow for 3DS they'll also eventually release these others so I can just have digital copies that won't go bad on me.  Having the cartridges is great for nostalgia but a little frustrating when they decide to stop working properly.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 02, 2016, 09:26:05 PM »
Wii Punch-Out I'm getting my butt handed to me by Bald Bull. Lemme put it this way, I've only made it to the 3rd round once. Dude hits hard!

Post Merge: February 02, 2016, 09:27:37 PM

Oh no! :(
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 09:28:10 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Princess Lala

« Reply #176 on: February 03, 2016, 02:55:02 PM »
 :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Spoiler
My first horde shiny encounter! This was took way longer, because you can't chain hordes to increase your odds. I have been trying since very early this morning after 2am off and on with naps, shopping trips, and going out to lunch with a group of friends in between! I went to go feed Kyomi when I ran into it haha go figure!  xD

Video of my capturing on IG but it cuts off the last two seconds LOL!

And yes, Cole is taking me out again for ice cream! He is as enthusiastic as me about shinies! :icecream: I'm thinking Marble Slab tonight instead of Braums!

Although I'm having such crazy mad fun with ORAS (what shiny hunter wouldn't?) I'm about to play Moco Moco Friends! Its about this magical girl with these plushie creatures who look like Pokemon. It looked so kawaii! x3
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 03:13:47 PM by Princess Lala »

Offline Sandi

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 05, 2016, 07:24:58 AM »
Bioshock is an amazing game! The atmosphere, the music, the gameplay, the plot... I usually don't play shooters on my own, but when that released I decided to get it and I actually beat it. Feels like a lifetime ago, but I certainly haven't forgotten how epic it was.

Do not read the following until you are done:

Spoiler
Heck, the words "Would you kindly" haven't had the same context since...
I finished it yesterday. It's an amazing game. Not like any other I've played.
Spoiler
Definetly. Btw, I'm pretty sure I got the "bad" ending. I became greedy. D: I heard there are three different endings. Have you seen all three?
Have you (or anyone else) played the two other games? Are they as good as the first one?
G1, G2 and G3 collector. I also collect a bunch of other stuff. (Too much..)
My collection website
My toy Instagram
My cat/nature Instagram
My Tumblr

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #178 on: February 05, 2016, 08:00:36 AM »
About Bioshock:

Spoiler
No, I only got the good ending for helping the Little Sisters. That was a long, long time ago. I'm tempted to get Bioshock for PC (if it has 360 controller support) and play it again. I played it a long, long time ago but I know I really loved it.

Slowly making my way through Fire Emblem: Awakening as I wait for Fire Emblem: Fates to release. I'm still bummed I didn't get the special edition for that (never went up on Amazon.ca / went up and sold out so quick I never saw it, and now it's selling for $600+ dollars. No way.) At least I am getting the games the day they release. :heart: I'm being nice and letting my brother play the Nohr (Conquest) campaign while I do Hoshido / Birthright, even though I really wanna play the Nohr one because I want to pair my main character with Niles.

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 05, 2016, 12:53:00 PM »
I managed to find copies of the Dragon Quest IV and V remakes recently! If you're not familiar with them, most of the Dragon Quest games have been re-released on DS/3DS (and the rest are on the way!), but the re-releases are fairly uncommon and hard to find. So I'm really glad I managed to get these two for a pretty good price! I started playing IV, which I had played a bit years ago. The DQ games that I've played in their entirety include I, II, VIII, and IX, and a few others I played but never beat (like all of the DQ Monsters games -- I don't think I ever actually beat any of those...).

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal