collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G1 Cleaning help?  (Read 306 times)

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
G1 Cleaning help?
« on: February 26, 2014, 09:59:45 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I'm really sorry if you can't see very well, but this is the best picture I could take. Sadly...

But Peachy currently has pretty bad brown spots on her butt and I'm wondering if it's cancer or dirt?
I also want to know if it is dirt, is it safe to use a magic eraser to remove it? I'm especially concerned because
the spots are so close to her symbol, and I really don't want to risk messing that up.
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: G1 Cleaning help?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 04:00:10 PM »
There is almost a lattice pattern on her; I would guess initially that its either a stain from something she has been pressed against or its rust inside her which perhaps has gathered in that pattern [she could have been pressed up against something magnetic].

Initially I would check out inside her to see if there was anything going on. Then try magic eraser on the sections which are not close to her symbol. See if either of those help with the issue. If the magic eraser does help you will need to just very carefully use it around her symbols.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 05:28:14 PM »
There is almost a lattice pattern on her; I would guess initially that its either a stain from something she has been pressed against or its rust inside her which perhaps has gathered in that pattern [she could have been pressed up against something magnetic].

Initially I would check out inside her to see if there was anything going on. Then try magic eraser on the sections which are not close to her symbol. See if either of those help with the issue. If the magic eraser does help you will need to just very carefully use it around her symbols.

Are the heads on G1's easy to remove? Because I'm not too strong and I don't want to accidentally wreck her. : (
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 05:41:00 PM »
If you're worried about the magic eraser removing the symbol, then use something else! :) Start with a nice washcloth or a gentle wipe with a sponge. (but if you use a kitchen sponge, do NOT use the rough green side!) But I've never had a magic eraser remove paint unless I'm really scrubbing with it - a gentle wipe with one shouldn't hurt.

I find that G1 heads are very easy to remove. (G3s neck seals are hell, though.)
I'll put something here some time

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 08:50:28 PM »
Sunfading might also help her out some!  :)  Use painter's tape to cover her symbols. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 03:13:16 AM »

Are the heads on G1's easy to remove? Because I'm not too strong and I don't want to accidentally wreck her. : (

30 year old glue often [and especially on the earlier ponies] often makes it relatively straight forward to remove a head. Initially just try gently tugging the head to see if it will separate from the body and if that does not work you want to get the neckline hot - so a hair dryer or dip in a bowl of hot water is a good plan. That should help loosen the glue and then you will be able to pull the head and body apart; just do it gently so you dont rip the plug which is on the head :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal