collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Tell me your pony headcanons! All gen  (Read 1670 times)

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
Re: Tell me your pony headcanons! All gen
« Reply #60 on: December 25, 2013, 10:25:20 AM »
Well I have a pony headcanon story based on SGAP's Space pony songs.  :blush:

Well, Night Glider is a pony who doesn't live with all the other ponies in Dream Valley, she lives up in the night sky. This is why her symbols are planets, stars, and moons, because she belongs up there. She is very good friends with all the celestial bodies, which is how she had the midnight party for the ponies and the moon sang and stares danced because they were not afraid and knew the ponies were just like night glider so they had to be nice! Nightglider can also control stardust and bring ponies up to the sky with her.

Galaxy studied the stars a lot and loved the constellations, which is why she wanted to go twinkle in the sky like the stars. Nightglider heard her wish and appeared to her as the small star who took her up to the sky to Big Dippers party. Nightglider was too scared to show herself at the time, this was before the midnight party and before Galaxy was a twinkle eye. Nightglider stayed at the party in the form of the little star and took Galaxy back home when it became dawn. Thanks to the stardust from little dipper, Galaxy became a Twinkle-Eye pony! The stardust infused eyes allowed her to see Night glider as her pony self and the two became close friends and adventured in the sky together (but this is later on).

Star Hopper was Galaxys best friend who also became fascinated with space because of her. When Galaxy see's Star Hopper the morning she becomes a Twinkle-Eye she is intrigued. She asks Galaxy where she went that summer afternoon and Galaxy tells her the story of the party she had in space. Star Hopper becomes jealous and one day Galaxy finds her friend gazing out the window and Star Hopper asks if Galaxy thinks she is crazy for believing there is other pony life out in space. Galaxy then shakes her head and sends out a wish for her and her best friend to go to space together and meet the little star again. The little star comes down from the sky and meets them. Galaxy can see the star is really Night Glider but Star Hopper cannot. Night Glider then sprinkles stardust on Star Hopper as was done with Galaxy, but Star Hopper becomes scared and closes her eyes. So instead of becoming a twinkle eye, she becomes a sparkle pony! She still can't see Night Glider though, so Night Glider revels herself and brings the two into space to have another party.

The three become best friends and live happily ever after  :frolic:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 25, 2013, 10:44:25 AM »
Well I have a pony headcanon story based on SGAP's Space pony songs.  :blush:

Well, Night Glider is a pony who doesn't live with all the other ponies in Dream Valley, she lives up in the night sky. This is why her symbols are planets, stars, and moons, because she belongs up there. She is very good friends with all the celestial bodies, which is how she had the midnight party for the ponies and the moon sang and stares danced because they were not afraid and knew the ponies were just like night glider so they had to be nice! Nightglider can also control stardust and bring ponies up to the sky with her.

Galaxy studied the stars a lot and loved the constellations, which is why she wanted to go twinkle in the sky like the stars. Nightglider heard her wish and appeared to her as the small star who took her up to the sky to Big Dippers party. Nightglider was too scared to show herself at the time, this was before the midnight party and before Galaxy was a twinkle eye. Nightglider stayed at the party in the form of the little star and took Galaxy back home when it became dawn. Thanks to the stardust from little dipper, Galaxy became a Twinkle-Eye pony! The stardust infused eyes allowed her to see Night glider as her pony self and the two became close friends and adventured in the sky together (but this is later on).

Star Hopper was Galaxys best friend who also became fascinated with space because of her. When Galaxy see's Star Hopper the morning she becomes a Twinkle-Eye she is intrigued. She asks Galaxy where she went that summer afternoon and Galaxy tells her the story of the party she had in space. Star Hopper becomes jealous and one day Galaxy finds her friend gazing out the window and Star Hopper asks if Galaxy thinks she is crazy for believing there is other pony life out in space. Galaxy then shakes her head and sends out a wish for her and her best friend to go to space together and meet the little star again. The little star comes down from the sky and meets them. Galaxy can see the star is really Night Glider but Star Hopper cannot. Night Glider then sprinkles stardust on Star Hopper as was done with Galaxy, but Star Hopper becomes scared and closes her eyes. So instead of becoming a twinkle eye, she becomes a sparkle pony! She still can't see Night Glider though, so Night Glider revels herself and brings the two into space to have another party.

The three become best friends and live happily ever after  :frolic:

Awww! This one's really cute! :D

(/may or may not now ship Galaxy and Night Glider)
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 26, 2013, 12:42:32 AM »
Another thing I like doing for my headcanons is coming up with cutie mark ideas for pre-FIM ponies.  I hope people don't mind that I do this, as the whole "earning cutie marks/symbols" seems to be hated here, but it is a storyline I identify with a lot, so I enjoy coming up with how pre-FIM ponies could have gotten their's.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline starflyer425

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 27, 2013, 04:22:15 AM »
Another thing I like doing for my headcanons is coming up with cutie mark ideas for pre-FIM ponies.  I hope people don't mind that I do this, as the whole "earning cutie marks/symbols" seems to be hated here, but it is a storyline I identify with a lot, so I enjoy coming up with how pre-FIM ponies could have gotten their's.

well, i definitely dont hate it! in fact, as a kid it always seemed odd that they were born with a mark. id always say, "what if pinkie didnt like balloons?" or "how do they know what a tiny baby pony likes?"

i also enjoy coming up with ways older gen ponies got their marks. for example, with g3 Fluttershy, it says on her box that she likes to take photos, and her mark is a butterfly. maybe she is the only pony in town that can take good pictures of animals and bugs, because they dont run away or jump around when shes around.

or, a headcanon ive had for a long time is that firefly earned her mark by helping her best friend, Medley, fly home in a terrible thunderstorm. she was the only pony who knew how to dodge the bolts safely. thus, she did a good deed for her friend and realized how great her acrobatic skills where. (though crashing into applecarts happens a few times. ^.^)

Avatar credit to BotchanMLP on DeviantArt, and the Starflyer equestria girl is by LordBlumiere here on the arena!

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 27, 2013, 05:40:26 AM »

I might as well start with cutie marks, since it's something I actually have a sentimental attachment to; I hope people don't hate me for saying this, but I actually feel that G4 got it right, and it makes more sense to me if they are earned (to me, it seems more forced if they were born with them).

I actually agree with you, there. Earning the cutie mark makes more sense - of course magic is involved, why else is a symbol of anything in the whole wide world appear on a pony's butt! (It's not like anybody's branded them!) Besides that, it provides a ton of opportunity for character development.

I guess I'm too visual, because I hate it when the idea I have for a character doesn't match how the toy looks in real life. So I had my ponies be born with the symbol to explain why baby ponies have it, and at the same time made them less important so that my fakies wouldn't be truly less of a pony without one; some of them they already feel insecure enough about it as it is.

I'll put something here some time

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 27, 2013, 08:54:21 AM »

As far as I know, that is just a random picture in the background that is a reference to that one famous painting. A painting that is commonly misinterpreted as being of a couple when it is actually of a father and daughter. The viewer is the suitor of the daughter and the father is holding a pitch fork in much the same way as you might imagine a modern "redneck" father holding a shotgun when the boyfriend comes to call.

What is more, all of the Apple family are in apple colors.  It seems incredibly unlikely that the parents wouldn't also be in apple colors.

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 27, 2013, 11:42:18 AM »
To me, Super Long Hair ponies were older than all of the other G3s (dunno why, I guess their hair had more time to grow? lol).  When I was little, Pink Sun Sparkle was Princess Sun Sparkle, and she lived in Celebration castle.  The problem here was that she was a baby with no mom!  So I decided her mother was the SLH pony Rainbow Flash, who was the queen.  She had similar colors, and even had a crown, so it worked.  However, I never owned (and still don't, unfortunately) Rainbow Flash (whom I had seen in a catalog).  As a result, Queen Rainbow Flash was always away on diplomatic missions or battling evil doers to protect the pony realm.  The other ponies had to take turns baby sitting Princess Sun Sparkle since her Mom was away, so one of them would live in the castle with her.  The duty usually fell to Pinkie Pie for whatever reason.  I still want to get Rainbow Flash, because even all these years later she is still Sun Sparkle's Mom in my head canon. 

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

G4Sweeties

« Reply #67 on: December 28, 2013, 01:10:35 PM »
My headcanon is that Minty is Twist-a-loos mom!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal