collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Tell me your pony headcanons! All gen  (Read 1743 times)

Offline starflyer425

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Tell me your pony headcanons! All gen
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2013, 09:03:50 PM »
sometimes i wonder if there's a flutter valley equivalent in equestria, where the glimmer wings, flutter ponies and wingers live, like a more floral crystal empire.

also, if we know other species of "sentient" animals live in equestria (biggest example being zecora), i wonder if that means the pony friends could fit in somewhere. it would be so cool to have creamsicle the giraffe and Oakley the moose in the show. :p
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar credit to BotchanMLP on DeviantArt, and the Starflyer equestria girl is by LordBlumiere here on the arena!

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
Re: Tell me your pone headcanons! All gen
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2013, 12:20:47 AM »
I'm conflicted on whether to share mine, because some, if not all, of them will be inserted into my project anyway...
oh go a head! it cant be any stranger than mine! I'm shippin' ponies and TF's!!!
It's kind of like... I don't want to give anything too major away, just yet due to fears of spoilers, and copyright (though the latter shouldn't be a problem here, as I trust people here).  I might post some stuff, but it might be vague in places; for example; there is a link between G4 and another generation, but it doesn't get revealed until a later season, so I can't actually reveal which one it is.

My fanseries itself is supposed to be an "alternative sequel" to Friendship is Magic, following my own characters, but showing the real FIM characters as they are "now" (in my storyline), but it will take things from all generations, including characters - it's basically my way of showing my love for all generations, while at the same time making my own storyline.

I'm not sure where the line gets drawn, but only some of what happens in FIM will get carried over, and even some of the things that don't will sought of happen (like if something I want to include happens after the line is drawn).

Sorry for going on and on there, but I might post some stuff that is more about the real ponies, that doesn't reveal too much - even though I will still incorporate it into my fanseries.  Though some of it (can only think of one at the moment) will be vague.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

TeddyAndTex

« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2013, 12:27:03 AM »
I have a some headcanons.
My G4 headcanons are: Dream Valley actually exists in Equestria, but it's very small and secluded. Rainbow Dash (G3) is Rainbow Dash's mom and Firefly's grandma. Practically the same can be said for the others, except for Pinkie because we know who her parents are.  I'm also pretty convined that Minty (G3) is :muffin: Pony's mom.

Besides this I think that there's an "old part" of Ponyville, that the G3 ponies (the founders of Ponyville) live there.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 08:53:45 PM by TeddyAndTex »

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2013, 02:08:18 AM »
sometimes i wonder if there's a flutter valley equivalent in equestria, where the glimmer wings, flutter ponies and wingers live, like a more floral crystal empire.

also, if we know other species of "sentient" animals live in equestria (biggest example being zecora), i wonder if that means the pony friends could fit in somewhere. it would be so cool to have creamsicle the giraffe and Oakley the moose in the show. :p

I'd like to see Flutter Ponies come back in G4. They could look a bit like Breezies maybe?

I've always thought that the Crystal Ponies were descended from Twinkle Eyes. Like, Twinkle Eye ponies would have babies
with normal ones, and some of them would end up with twinkle bodies instead of eyes. Then over time they just sort of populated
their own space until twinkle eye ponies didn't exist anymore.
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2013, 02:27:19 AM »
I guess I'm not usually a fan of headcanon for the same reason I'm not into shipping, but I've got a couple...

I did once come up with a long list of possibilities for how all of the MLP cartoons could take place in the same world, and what chronologies were the most interesting and made the most sense. :P

One thought I had early on was that it was interesting that ponies made references to real life places like France when they don't seem to exist in their world, and how so many of the tools they use seem suited to human hands. So I speculated that the human world does exist, and it's a place that the ponies are able to look in on with curiosity and study, as well as get inspiration from. (This was before Equestria Girls, around when the first season was out... cue Lyra)
And that Megan's world and the world in Equestria Girls is, thus, the same. (Megan, Molly and Danny do get a mention in the EG comic...)
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2013, 05:47:20 AM »
Someone mentioned wanting to see  Ember and the CMCs "being bros," and it made me think of my sig image, so I figured I'd come post.  ;)

I'm going to use a spoiler tag, because I'm paranoid that posting this wall of text I just typed out will kill the thread.  :blush:

Spoiler
My headcanon is just for the universe my herd lives in, doesn't connect with any official MLP works. I'll just share the origin story:

Long ago, ponies were fairly ordinary horses, albeit slightly more intelligent than a real world animal would be. When the planet began spewing fire (volcanos and earthquakes and general apocalypse stuff,) a few ponies decided to enter the deepest caves and reach the "center" of the earth, to find a way to stop the destruction and save their children. (I don't know what they thought they'd accomplish, myself!)

They traveled long and far into the earth in a perilous and frightening journey, and eventually came upon a cavern filled with colored crystals. When these ponies - so brave to face the underground journey, so compassionate and loving as to endanger themselves to protect their herds, so defiant as to even attempt to stop the planet's fire,  so determined to survive - touched the crystals, the very earth itself was struck by their spirits, and recognized them as a species worthy of living beyond the extinction that was planned. The earth ceased its rumbling, its belching fires receded, and the remaining species on the planet were saved.

In a flash, the heroic ponies felt a strange sensation in their heads, and saw a flash above them. Gemstones had sprouted from their heads! The earth, recognizing them as its benefactors, gave each of them a beautiful gift: with this gemstone came advanced intellect, and, arguably the most influential change to Ponykind's lives, magical abilities. They were the worlds first Crystal Ponies.

The crystal ponies felt that by accepting thess gifts - the enhanced abilities as well as their lives and futures -  they had entered into a contract with the earth. From that day on, Ponykind recognized the earth as a partner in life, rather than just land to be used. Ponies from then on would honor the earth, and use their magic and special connection to benefit life on the planet. This is why earth ponies have their special, subtle magic that they use today to benefit plant and animal life.

As these ponies began to further reproduce in the coming years, more miraculous changes came about as a result: their offspring's coat had fantastic colors usually reserved for flowers; their manes grew longer; and sometimes even they, too, had crystals in their foreheads, in many varying shapes. Often, they had glimmering "crystal" fur or hair as well, and ponies even today can still have this trait. (This explains the ponies with tinsel in their hair or glitter in their fur!)

Some ponies were born with crystal eyes instead of simple forehead gems. While technically blind, they have advanced perception and a remarkable ability to Know. They don't need to see what is in front of them; they Know what is there. They tend to Know what the weather will be, animals' migratory patterns, all kinds of things that ordinary ponies could only understand through study and experience. It is rumored that these ponies can read minds, and even see the future. Thus, Crystal-Eyed ponies are considered holy figures to the ponies, although they are incredibly rare. (this explains why I don't tend to own TEs, but have to have at least Skyrocket to rebuild my childhood collection!)

Over time, as the crystal ponies bred with other ponies who hadn't been blessed with gems, different pony species began to form, such as pegasi and unicorns. (How exactly this came about, I haven't yet fleshed out.) Although unicorns are (generally) associated most with magical abilities, crystal ponies have magic as well. (As of now, I consider Unicorns as having more obvious magic, such as levitation, detailed object manipulation, etc, while crystal ponies have a different magic that manipulates nature on a larger scale. For example, a cyrstal pony might not be able to pour a cup of tea without using their mouths, but they can summon a rainbow or melt the snow with but a glance.) Because of their magical abilities, and the fact that they are descended from the ponies' champions of the past, crystal ponies are considered royalty: the kings, queens, princes and princesses are almost always crystal ponies, or closely related to them.

And, if you're interested, here's how I decided rump symbols work:

Spoiler
Ponies are born with their symbols, and which represent some intrinsic part of the individual pony. It can represent their talent, like in G4, but it could also be something more subtle. In addition, some rump symbols can be inherited, although rarely will a symbol be exactly the same as another pony's. (For instance, hearts in one's symbol might run in a family.)

It is up to each pony to interpret or ignore their symbol's meaning as they see fit.  Ever-curious children often ask about each others symbols, but adults tend to consider this a fairly personal question.

Sometimes, a pony will not have a symbol. This, too, can be an inherited trait. It doesn't mean anything is wrong with them, but they do have to work harder to figure out what gives their life meaning, since they have no hints.

Dresses came into style after a well-loved Princess, who was born without a cutie mark, came into power. Embarrassed by her blank flank, she preferred to hide her rump during outings and special occasions. Her seamstresses invented the dress as an article of clothing. Both devotion to the princess and admiration for the intricate articles created for her caused dresses to come into fashion, and they are still worn today.

I've also decided that the gizmonks (made an appearance once in the G1 cartoon, basically they're monkeys who like to invent things) exist in the MLP universe, albeit living primarily in another continent, as an explanation of why things that are very clearly designed for humans (saxophones, pencils, stuff like that) exist in the pony world. After all, if a pony we to invent a musical instrument, you can bet it'd be made to be used with hooves rather than fingers, or that pencils and paintbrushes would have a wide grip that can easily be held in the teeth. I decided that these things were all invented by the gizmonks (since humans don't live in my pony universe) and that they were just imported to Ponyland.   :satisfied:
I'll put something here some time

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2013, 05:57:33 AM »
Someone mentioned wanting to see  Ember and the CMCs "being bros," and it made me think of my sig image, so I figured I'd come post.  ;)

I'm going to use a spoiler tag, because I'm paranoid that posting this wall of text I just typed out will kill the thread.  :blush:

Spoiler
My headcanon is just for the universe my herd lives in, doesn't connect with any official MLP works. I'll just share the origin story:

Long ago, ponies were fairly ordinary horses, albeit slightly more intelligent than a real world animal would be. When the planet began spewing fire (volcanos and earthquakes and general apocalypse stuff,) a few ponies decided to enter the deepest caves and reach the "center" of the earth, to find a way to stop the destruction and save their children. (I don't know what they thought they'd accomplish, myself!)

They traveled long and far into the earth in a perilous and frightening journey, and eventually came upon a cavern filled with colored crystals. When these ponies - so brave to face the underground journey, so compassionate and loving as to endanger themselves to protect their herds, so defiant as to even attempt to stop the planet's fire,  so determined to survive - touched the crystals, the very earth itself was struck by their spirits, and recognized them as a species worthy of living beyond the extinction that was planned. The earth ceased its rumbling, its belching fires receded, and the remaining species on the planet were saved.

In a flash, the heroic ponies felt a strange sensation in their heads, and saw a flash above them. Gemstones had sprouted from their heads! The earth, recognizing them as its benefactors, gave each of them a beautiful gift: with this gemstone came advanced intellect, and, arguably the most influential change to Ponykind's lives, magical abilities. They were the worlds first Crystal Ponies.

The crystal ponies felt that by accepting thess gifts - the enhanced abilities as well as their lives and futures -  they had entered into a contract with the earth. From that day on, Ponykind recognized the earth as a partner in life, rather than just land to be used. Ponies from then on would honor the earth, and use their magic and special connection to benefit life on the planet. This is why earth ponies have their special, subtle magic that they use today to benefit plant and animal life.

As these ponies began to further reproduce in the coming years, more miraculous changes came about as a result: their offspring's coat had fantastic colors usually reserved for flowers; their manes grew longer; and sometimes even they, too, had crystals in their foreheads, in many varying shapes. Often, they had glimmering "crystal" fur or hair as well, and ponies even today can still have this trait. (This explains the ponies with tinsel in their hair or glitter in their fur!)

Some ponies were born with crystal eyes instead of simple forehead gems. While technically blind, they have advanced perception and a remarkable ability to Know. They don't need to see what is in front of them; they Know what is there. They tend to Know what the weather will be, animals' migratory patterns, all kinds of things that ordinary ponies could only understand through study and experience. It is rumored that these ponies can read minds, and even see the future. Thus, Crystal-Eyed ponies are considered holy figures to the ponies, although they are incredibly rare. (this explains why I don't tend to own TEs, but have to have at least Skyrocket to rebuild my childhood collection!)

Over time, as the crystal ponies bred with other ponies who hadn't been blessed with gems, different pony species began to form, such as pegasi and unicorns. (How exactly this came about, I haven't yet fleshed out.) Although unicorns are (generally) associated most with magical abilities, crystal ponies have magic as well. (As of now, I consider Unicorns as having more obvious magic, such as levitation, detailed object manipulation, etc, while crystal ponies have a different magic that manipulates nature on a larger scale. For example, a cyrstal pony might not be able to pour a cup of tea without using their mouths, but they can summon a rainbow or melt the snow with but a glance.) Because of their magical abilities, and the fact that they are descended from the ponies' champions of the past, crystal ponies are considered royalty: the kings, queens, princes and princesses are almost always crystal ponies, or closely related to them.

And, if you're interested, here's how I decided rump symbols work:

Spoiler
Ponies are born with their symbols, and which represent some intrinsic part of the individual pony. It can represent their talent, like in G4, but it could also be something more subtle. In addition, some rump symbols can be inherited, although rarely will a symbol be exactly the same as another pony's. (For instance, hearts in one's symbol might run in a family.)

It is up to each pony to interpret or ignore their symbol's meaning as they see fit.  Ever-curious children often ask about each others symbols, but adults tend to consider this a fairly personal question.

Sometimes, a pony will not have a symbol. This, too, can be an inherited trait. It doesn't mean anything is wrong with them, but they do have to work harder to figure out what gives their life meaning, since they have no hints.

Dresses came into style after a well-loved Princess, who was born without a cutie mark, came into power. Embarrassed by her blank flank, she preferred to hide her rump during outings and special occasions. Her seamstresses invented the dress as an article of clothing. Both devotion to the princess and admiration for the intricate articles created for her caused dresses to come into fashion, and they are still worn today.

I've also decided that the gizmonks (made an appearance once in the G1 cartoon, basically they're monkeys who like to invent things) exist in the MLP universe, albeit living primarily in another continent, as an explanation of why things that are very clearly designed for humans (saxophones, pencils, stuff like that) exist in the pony world. After all, if a pony we to invent a musical instrument, you can bet it'd be made to be used with hooves rather than fingers, or that pencils and paintbrushes would have a wide grip that can easily be held in the teeth. I decided that these things were all invented by the gizmonks (since humans don't live in my pony universe) and that they were just imported to Ponyland.   :satisfied:

I like the one about symbols + cutie marks. Kinda reminds me of the Story of the Blanks creepypasta. : P
Wondering how the ponies who were born cutie mark-less would know that was the case and not
just assume they needed to try harder to find their special talent, though?

Also weren't the Gizmonks the monkey-things in this episode?

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2013, 07:00:02 AM »
I got my display photo from the comic. She's adorable!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I noticed! I'm so happy they snuck her in. Can you please tell me which issue she's in exactly? :o
I can't remember to be honest. I think it was one with Cadence.

Ah, I see.
Thanks. :>

She appears on the front of one of the SA/Cadance love story variant covers as well :) As though she is featuring in a year book.
I found it! The image I used in my DP is from the Annual!

The image in your avatar? On the cover though she looks a little different - like an 80s punk Moondancer...are we talking about the same one? :)
I'm not sure.  Mine comes from the annual with the Sunset Shimmer story.

Ahh :) I was talking about her appearance on this cover - check out Cover A - you can see an 80s Moondancer's rear :P

http://cat352.wix.com/mlparena#!issue-11/cvg2
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2013, 10:21:13 AM »

I like the one about symbols + cutie marks. Kinda reminds me of the Story of the Blanks creepypasta. : P
Wondering how the ponies who were born cutie mark-less would know that was the case and not

"Ponies are born with their symbols," as I said. This eliminates that problem. :)
And no, I'm not sure what those creatures are, although they're pretty humanoid, too! The gizmonks were the villains in this episode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65G09-Zx84Q
I'll put something here some time

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2013, 10:30:01 AM »

"Ponies are born with their symbols," as I said. This eliminates that problem. :)
And no, I'm not sure what those creatures are, although they're pretty humanoid, too! The gizmonks were the villains in this episode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65G09-Zx84Q

Oh...like in the older gens? I suppose I kinda knew that, but my brony-started mind forgot. lol

I'll get to watching that :P thanks!

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2013, 03:15:44 AM »
Okay, I'm going to reveal some simple ones, that don't really reveal too much about my project (so nothing about my own characters - which makes sense, as they aren't part of the main canon anyway).  Basically just how things will be incorporated, but I can't reveal too much, so bits will be vague at times, I am sorry about this.

I might as well start with cutie marks, since it's something I actually have a sentimental attachment to; I hope people don't hate me for saying this, but I actually feel that G4 got it right, and it makes more sense to me if they are earned (to me, it seems more forced if they were born with them).  With some ponies aside, I feel that it is the talent that determines the cutie mark, not the cutie mark that determines the talent; this means that the cutie mark will be created based on what the pony has already expressed both talent and pleasure in doing, and that is why it will more often than not, be something that will make perfect sense, and "should have been thought of earlier" (like how the mane six and possibly the CMC are with theirs).  A pony who has, say, a gardening cutie mark only has one because he or she has already proven that gardening is his or her "thing", and not because he or she was always determined into it.  Unless something weird happens (like cutie pox or the spell in MMC) there is no chance of a pony getting the wrong cutie mark because they are powered by the deeper emotions of the pony, that can't be fooled even if the pony is.

In my fanseries (which is an alternative sequel to FIM, but will eventually include characters from all generations) will use G4 rules for cutie marks, and even will ponies who were introduced before G3 will have cutie marks, not symbols.  Partly because I like the name cutie marks better, and partly because it doesn't really make sense for it to change per pony.

Some of the Mane Six (G4) and some of the Concept Six (G1) are directly connected in my storyline, though I'm not sure if I should reveal which ones yet.  They are not related to one another unless specified otherwise.  I'm not doing the whole G4 was descended from G1 stuff - they all coexist, there's no ancestor/descendent thing, because I want them to be together.

All ponies with the same name are exactly that; ponies with the same name.  There is no real and fake version, no superior or inferior version, and they are not related unless specified otherwise.  Pony names are like human names in my fanseries - they get reused, and sometimes aren't gender specific.  Whatever your name is, you're not the only human to have that name, right?

Any time a G4 background pony is used as a storyline character there will either be a compromise with the fanon name and the official name, or I'll just choose the name that I like better, if there isn't an easy way to compromise.  I know some bronies won't like that, but I'm afraid that's how it's going to go, and they need to learn that they can't expect everyone to write things exactly the way they want it (I am not directly insulting Bronies - I am one, just the immature ones who think they're in charge of everything, including Hasbro)

Here are some examples of how the background ponies will be named in my fanseries, if you are not interested in this part or don't care about naming wars feel free to skip it;

Lyra/Heartstrings/Lyra Heartstrings: She will be referred to as "Lyra Heartstrings", but only as often as Twilight Sparkle is referred to as "Twilight Sparkle" (as opposed to "Twilight") in the actual show, so she will still be "Lyra" in a sense.  I actually came up with this before "Lyra Heartstrings" became official (back when she was just "Heartstrings" and the bronies were complaining).
Bon Bon/Sweetie Drops: Will be called Bon Bon, but I will drop Sweetie Drops in the episode at some point (look out for it...)
Vinyl Scratch/DJ Pon3: She will used both names, but only Vinyl Scratch is her real name.  I'm sure it is not too hard to guess how DJ Pon3 is used as a name as well.
She who shall not be named: Ditzy Doo will be established as her real name, but she prefers the other name, and will prefer to be called that, as she finds it cute, as it basically means "cute and silly" more or less in the fanseries, which is what it has always meant to me anyway.

Actually forget all of that, I'll just name them all "Dazzle".  :P

Certain ponies from various generations are friends, and have been so for a long time; Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy (G4), Lyra and Bon-Bon (G4 again), Firefly and Medley (G1) and possibly Pinkie Pie and Minty (G3) have been friends since foalhood in my fanseries - I am referring to each pair individually, I am not saying all eight of them were friends.

Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy for example have been friends since flight school, but the was a period where they grew apart for a time (in my mind, the Gilda era), but they were not actual friends until after they got their cutie marks, and before that, they just knew each other, nothing more nothing less; they went to flight school - that's all.  After that, they became friends in my mind.  I don't know about the other mane six, and I will hold back on the other friends for now.

I really am trying to include more non-G4 head canons, but the majority of them are spoilers...

I believe that the mane six were destined to possess the Elements of Harmony for much longer than they realize, as if they were chosen.  The fact that they all got their cutie marks from the same event was not a coincidence, but it was them being chosen to possess the elements when they were older.  Each pony exhibited their element perfectly that day;  Applejack was honest with herself, Fluttershy was kind to the animals, Rarity generously designed dresses with diamonds she could have kept for herself for the school play (and was inspired to do so, if you like her official element better), Pinkie Pie brought laughter to her family with her parties, and Rainbow Dash was motivated to race due to her loyally to another pony (wait... does that work better if she and Fluttershy were already friends?).  For Twilight it's a little tougher, she definitely showed that she was very good at magic back then, but I also feel that her element is supposed to be "The Magic of Friendship" as well as just magic (it makes sense if you think about it), in addition to all the elements essentially being "Friendship" in one go.

Watch out, I'm going to be hypocritical now...

I feel that Twilight is one of the few ponies whose cutie mark was determined, not that she didn't already cause it herself the way other ponies do, but I feel that this time it was more of a "because of fate" thing; In my head canon, her cutie mark not only represents her talent in magic, but also that she would be the one to bring the elements together.  I'm toying with the idea of Celestia knowing that from the start as well... She'll be the kind of character who knows more than she is "allowed" to say if that makes sense.

I have my ideas of what I want the CMC's cutie marks to be (I don't know about the "Alternative CMC" though - also is there a better name for them?)

Scootaloo will be able to fly during my fanseries as her storyline relies on it.

I don't believe that Alicorns are ever imortal; the closest they get are the power of longevity, and that only happens if said alicorn is the one controlling the sun or moon, but even they can and will die.  They lose the longevity once they renounce their control of the sun or moon, but will still be at their body's current age, and then age normally (you didn't think I was going to have them age and die in a second did you?)  this is probably the case (though this is still mostly my headcanon) as "Hearth's Warming Eve" shows to alicorns (then called unicorns) who are not Celestia or Luna (whom I shall refer to as "Supernatural Alicorns" until I think of something better).

Only Supernatural Alicorns (i.e. ones that control the sun or moon or anything like that) have the power of longevity, as they need it while normal alicorns just look like run of the mill ponies with wings and a horn.  Twilight and Cadance are normal alicorns, and therefore age normally (the writers actually said this, I think).  Celestia and Luna were normal alicorns once which is Celestia's pink haired form, and Luna's blue haired form (i.e what they really look like) and can revert back if they lose powers, as shown by Luna.

I'm not sure if I will make it so that you can be born an alicorn, nor if I will make it so that Celestia and Luna were.  Also in my fanseries, being an alicorn isn't directly a royal thing - so it is possible to have non-royal alicorns, and royal non-alicorns (and no, this isn't an excuse to have a zillion alicorn OCs - I've only made one alicorn so far, and it's part of the storyline).

I will stop here, sorry I was forced to limit myself to mostly G4, but if I am able to reveal more for pre-G4 I will do.  It is not a favoritism thing, it's just that most of the spoilers connect to the previous generations.

Please go easy on me if this post was long; I am insecure about posting this as it is.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 05:43:16 AM by MJNSEIFER »
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

cleverLC

« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2013, 06:36:16 AM »
My only real headcanon was my G1 ponies being a family.  The only brand-name adult pony I had was the Bride, so she was the "mommy" to my 2 baby ponies and Winger Sky Dancer.  My Remco fakie was the "daddy" because it looked a bit more masculine to me.

Offline silverdragon54

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2013, 01:33:40 PM »
I have a few g4 headcannons...:sheepish:

First, I think Sweetie Belle suspects that singing might be her special talent, but she very desperately wishes that it wasn't. She's terrified by the thought of performing for a crowd (as seen in Show Stoppers), and if she had a music related cutie mark, she thinks everyone would expect her to perform whether she wants to or not. I guess she hasn't considered that she's an amazing songwriter too, and could easily work her magic behind the scenes. :P

Second, I think both of Scootaloo's parents might be earth ponies with a single and very distant pegasus ancestor. It might have caused her wings to not develop properly leaving her permanently handicapped, or it may be a simple case of lacking a certain technique that her parents are unable to teach, and that becomes much harder to learn as she ages.
Will make custom plushie for MIB Fashion Style Applejack. PM for details!

See my pony art here!
My items for trade
My wanted list
My plushies!, Handmade plushies for sale!

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 24, 2013, 09:17:25 PM »
I think I've said it before, but I have a headcannon regarding sea ponies based kind of on how the toys worked.  Sea ponies tails hold very powerful and heavy muscles they use for grasping and manipulating objects.  These heavy muscles also serve as ballast (like the weights in the actual toys) so they can float on the surface upright.  As juveniles, their tail muscles are not as well developed, so they can't float on the surface upright without something to hold them which is why baby sea ponies (the toys of which don't have weights) use floats that Megan brought from her world when she heard baby sea ponies couldn't come to the surface by themselves.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Silver_mirror46

• Trade Count: (+3)
    • View Profile
    • Check out my art store @La Poyoshop on Etsy
« Reply #59 on: December 25, 2013, 03:26:21 AM »
ever since the new Rainbow Dash came out I've had this headcanon that the original Rainbow Dash is her mom, her dad is a pegasus version of Tornado or Thundercloud who is descended from the pony who created the Wonderbolts: G1 Firefly herself and her bff Medley is also a long lost relative of Fluttershy

thank you PonyWithnoCrown afor the lovely pony in siggie :3
My DA page  My Tumblr Art Tag  Commissions   Trader Feedback

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal