collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: US to Russian Federation ship time  (Read 4488 times)

amylynnamylynn

• Trade Count: (0)
US to Russian Federation ship time
« on: April 02, 2012, 06:02:12 AM »
Hi there, I seem to be having more trouble with eBay!  How long does it usually take a package to get to Russia?  I mailed out the package the 11th of March and the buyer contacted me today saying it hasn't arrived yet.  Should I be worried?  Thanks!

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: US to Russian Federation ship time
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 06:16:42 AM »
I am not sure on an exact time to Russia.   

But International mail in general can take anywhere from 2 weeks to a month. 

I would just email her and reassure her that it has been mailed and give her the customs number.  I would also explain that International mail can be delayed due to customs, weather, and all around just slow post.

I would then just keep good communication with her till it arrives.  I am sure it will get there soon :)
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

hikari_amaya

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 06:56:19 AM »
I ordered a package from the UK back on the 10th and it hasnt arrived yet, but this girl is very reputatable :) Just tell the buyer it can take up to a month to get there.

amylynnamylynn

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 07:27:29 AM »
Thank you both, I'm just nervous because I just had to refund a buyer in Germany because I couldn't find the shipping notice and I don't want it to happen again.  I think the buyer this time is worried because she is new on eBay. 

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 12:42:53 PM »
You didn't mention if it was first class or priority. "expected" delivery times for priority is 6-10 business days and it can be even longer. First class, is likely to take longer than that as well.

I do believe mail to Russia takes longer than other countries...

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 06:28:44 PM »
I mailed a parcel to Russia early last month too, and as far as I know mine hasnt arrived either (I'm in the UK) . I dont think thats unusual though- like the others said, it can take a month or so to get there  , so dont worry just yet :hug:  ;)  just keep good communication going with your buyer and reassure her that its normal for the parcel to take this long. If you have the customs number or a tracking number then it would be good to let your buyer know those as well  :awake:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

amylynnamylynn

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 09:00:20 PM »
banditpony, it was first class, I forgot to mention.

Thanks Ringlets, I will be sure to do that!

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2012, 04:22:23 PM »

Yes, the first class international will have a customs number that you can give to her.

However, 2 weeks to a month is wishful thinking with shipping to Russia from USA.

I had a lady buy 3 Barbies from me and it took her 4 months to receive them. FOUR MONTHS! Not only that, but the buyer wasn't even worried cause she said that's normal!

Also, I heard that winter and spring is a horrible time to ship to Russia. I heard they have been having problems in the last few months so keep this in mind.

Do not tell her to wait a month. That isn't long enough. Let her know that shipping to Russia can potentially take quite some time.

Usually when I write back to a customer that is asking about their package I also mention that I do offer Priority Mail but most customers don't use it. Quote the price that it would have cost to ship the item and she will have a better understanding on that you saved her money so she will have to wait longer.

Offline Binkyfinder

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://stores.ebay.com/Binkyfinders-Toy-Chest_W0QQsspagenameZMEQ3aFQ3aSTQQtZkm
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2012, 10:41:47 PM »
I just sent a large package to Russia on March 1st or 2nd via Priority Mail and it hasn't been delivered yet.  The last update was on March 3rd and stated that the package is in Chicago.  I think it's crazy that it's taking so long.  :( 

Thanks Baby Paradise for the siggy!

amylynnamylynn

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2012, 10:56:21 PM »

Yes, the first class international will have a customs number that you can give to her.

However, 2 weeks to a month is wishful thinking with shipping to Russia from USA.

I had a lady buy 3 Barbies from me and it took her 4 months to receive them. FOUR MONTHS! Not only that, but the buyer wasn't even worried cause she said that's normal!

Also, I heard that winter and spring is a horrible time to ship to Russia. I heard they have been having problems in the last few months so keep this in mind.

Do not tell her to wait a month. That isn't long enough. Let her know that shipping to Russia can potentially take quite some time.

Usually when I write back to a customer that is asking about their package I also mention that I do offer Priority Mail but most customers don't use it. Quote the price that it would have cost to ship the item and she will have a better understanding on that you saved her money so she will have to wait longer.

Wow, 4 months!!  Thank you for the advice, luckily I found the customs slip, in my car of all places, it's just the number at the top right?

Binkyfinder, that is crazy, especially since you did Priority Mail.

Sternenstaub

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2012, 10:05:11 AM »
I know that shipping to Russia can take very long.

I'm at PostCrossing where you share Postcards with people al over the world - and I noticed that the cards to Russia have always the longest delivery time...

A few people told me before that they have a very difficult post system there.

Hope your parcel will show up soon!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal