collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What do you love about the 35th anniversary ponies?  (Read 4018 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: What do you love about the 35th anniversary ponies?
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2018, 07:45:21 PM »
I also love the packaging and the how the Collector Ponies and Rainbow Ponies look like they're in a meadow in the box.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline PoserBeachball

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2018, 01:42:17 AM »
I have Minty, Snuzzle and Blossom - they are just so pretty and have such gentle faces. The colours are vibrant without being too much. It was lovely actually picking them up in the shop and carrying them home.
Mine are still in their boxes as the packaging is gorgeous. They are displayed like that and they make me smile every time I look at them.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2018, 05:31:22 PM »
I love seeing these ponies in the stores again! I was not old enough to see or get these ones new back in the 80's! I started to collect later in the 80's when I was in kindergarten. I also love to have these ponies in there very white color! :)

Offline milko

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2018, 08:25:35 PM »
Their hair! It’s absolutely so soft and shiny
The plastic they used is also so smooth and nice to the touch, i’m not sure if that’s what the G1 ponies were like new since I wasn’t alive in the 80s?

The pony I bought from the set was Snuzzle and it’s nice to see how much her symbol colour pops from her grey body when it’s so bright and new!

I also wasn’t aware that Windy was purple until I saw this set LOL
She looks so nice with her fresh purple body

Offline RandomPony

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2018, 10:12:20 PM »
Because of the ponies in general...I mean my most favorite G1 pony was remade finally!!!
:frolic:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2018, 09:03:44 AM »
Just having the reason to go looking for ponies in the store again is a big plus...

But yes!  The nostalgia is incredibly strong!  I hope that with Walmart picking up the line, that more waves will be made available, though I do hope they shift into producing babies soon.  That is probably another major CASH grab for BridgeDirect... I hope they do it! 

And I hope that the feedback from the scented ponies doesn't deter them from trying other sets in re-release...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2018, 09:35:25 AM »
Just having the reason to go looking for ponies in the store again is a big plus...

But yes!  The nostalgia is incredibly strong!  I hope that with Walmart picking up the line, that more waves will be made available, though I do hope they shift into producing babies soon.  That is probably another major CASH grab for BridgeDirect... I hope they do it! 

And I hope that the feedback from the scented ponies doesn't deter them from trying other sets in re-release...

Yeeees! Baby ponies!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2018, 09:45:32 AM »

I think at best, the feedback would mean they might not put future scents in ponies. However, if ponies are going to be discolored on the shelves, that might hurt sales.

I think a lot of people aren't buying them necessarily for collections, and like most other toys, they will be discarded in a few years... especially if they discolor.

I think they will sell well for the holiday. I'd think we'd see a few more sets released. But I doubt they will be around for years.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2018, 01:41:20 PM »
I think they only plan to follow their 3 year release plan and that's fine with me. I don't expect them to extend it and I will be happy so long as everything they produce gets international sales. I don't mind so much about Peachy's parlour if there are safety regulation complications for the EU but I want all the individual ponies on shelves here, especially the ones we never had here in the past.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2018, 02:29:38 PM »
I think they only plan to follow their 3 year release plan and that's fine with me. I don't expect them to extend it and I will be happy so long as everything they produce gets international sales. I don't mind so much about Peachy's parlour if there are safety regulation complications for the EU but I want all the individual ponies on shelves here, especially the ones we never had here in the past.

You just don't want that peachy army chasing after you.

(I don't blame you)
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2018, 02:35:28 PM »

You just don't want that peachy army chasing after you.

(I don't blame you)

Nooo not the peachy armyyyyyyyyyyyy
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2018, 03:54:05 PM »
i love that i finally have new g1's and have them mib.

i love that the other day i was working through the mall with my kids when they spotted a dad carrying his little girl and in her hands was a g1 (parasol)

i love that now 'my' little girl will have her first new mib g1 under the tree for christmas :D

i love that (if amazon follows through) i will have a brand new pretty parlour under the christmas tree waiting for me and i can add to MY peachy army  :P
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 03:58:22 PM by shabbychicdee »

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2018, 11:31:42 PM »
I love that I can buy them. So SO happy that they made it to SA after all, even though it was only 4 ponies. Now I can share them with my kids. And the kids of anyone else I meet. Because I am telling everyone I can about them: I want them to do well to inspire Cotton On (love them; new favourite retailer) to bring more in.

Offline ThePoneZone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • Boop the Ice Crystal! :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2018, 12:52:34 AM »
I live too far away from the shops that carry them to see them in store, but I love that a new generation can be introduced to the generation lots of us grew up with and love in a similar way by buying them brand new in store.

I also love that I can buy brand new pristine versions of the ponies I own or even ponies that I want to own but can never find without some kind of deal breaking issues. Now if only they'd remake Gingerbread... xP
I don't get to buy ponies often, but I cherish them when I do :lovey:

Offline Glitter Yolk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Depends Pony
  • Researching fakies, as always
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2018, 09:53:18 AM »
I haven't brought myself to pull any of mine out of the box yet, but I love that they did so much more to improve some of the flaws the 25th Anniversary ones had. I think having brand new, clean ponies is just really nice, especially with the white ones not being yellowed due to age. I would be so happy if they made the twinkle eyes in the future, or even ponies that never made it into production!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal