collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Tell me about your OCs, head canon, etc.  (Read 2566 times)

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
Tell me about your OCs, head canon, etc.
« on: June 05, 2012, 05:24:51 PM »
When I was in high school, I wrote some awful MLP fanfics that hopefully will never surface again.  (Sigh..they're still out there.) and I had my own world of G1. Now I think that if I ever were to return to writing MLP fanfic, the world of Tales and particularly that episode "Princess Problem" with Rosie the lost princess would be the subject I'd write about.  I'd write about Rosie and lineage. 

And now I'm curious to hear about your headcanon (ALL GENS), fanfic, OCs, etc, are about.

My OC is Storydreamer. A dark blue unicorn with a white and purple mane. Whatever she sees in a book, if she touches her horn to it, it becomes real.  One day I'd like to write her stories..

What about you?
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
Re: Tell me about your OCs, head canon, etc.
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 05:59:26 PM »
I've actually recreated the G1 universe in the spec script series My Little Pony Legends.

The ponies started out as nomadic tribes, but when the gizmonks learned of them, they enslaved the tribes.  For decades, the gizmonks kept the ponies under the heel by maintaining prejudice between the three species.  However, when the walls began to crumble, the ponies banded together and violently overthrew their oppressors.  Blueflower (Majesty's original name) led a band of hundred of her most loyal followers on a journey to find a homeland.  They found themselves in the twisted, desolate Land of Nightmares and in a war with the Witches from the Volcano of Gloom.  Blueflower defeats their matriarch and put an end to the witch's reign of terror on the kingdom surrounding the Land of Nightmares.  The ponies also release a waterfall and that makes a valley lush and green.  They make the valley their home and name it Dream Valley in defiance of the desolate landscape around it.  By popular demand, Blueflower becomes the queen and takes on the name Majesty.

Sea Pony foals wear floats because it keeps them stable on the surface since their tails haven't matured enough to serve as ballast.  Megan brought the floats when she learned sea ponies don't comes to the surface by themselves until adolescence.

Tail bows were a trend in the early days of Dream Valley as a sign of freedom since the gizmonks never let the ponies wears any ornamentation.  However, the ponies' inability to tie them caused them to fall out of style.  When Ribbon and Bow-Tie invented self-tying bows, the trend caught on again.

I made a number of OC's mostly stallions.  After reading a Pair of Ponies, I felt sorry for Wind Whistler not having a mate and made her a boy friend in Hurricane.  He's one of the ponies' scouts who keep an eye out for threats to Dream Valley and a friend of a local group of buzzards who are his informants.  He's very plain spoken and always willing to lend a hoof.  However, if is very reserved about his feelings and tends to mask them behind humor.  He found a kindred spirit in Wind Whistler, and he likes their liberal use of vocabulary.  Wind Whistler liked that he doesn't pry too much and understands that she doesn't like expressing her emotions at the drop of a hat.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 06:36:31 PM »
OCs, OCs, OCs!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I have tons of original characters from various generations, but these guys are some of my main ones right now from my fanfic Canterlot Follies.  Although since the fanfic is inspired by P.G. Wodehouse's Jeeves & Wooster books, really they are not totally original. ;)

Princette Snow Shimmer and Duke Sun Shimmer are siblings (Sun Shimmer is oldest), but they don't get along in the least.  They are both politically ambitious, and Sun Shimmer is greatly annoyed by the fact that his little sister seems to be doing better than he is at gaining allies.  This is because Sun Shimmer loses his head and says/does things he shouldn't when he loses his temper--not a good trait in court.  Snow Shimmer has a cooler head and is the smarter of the two . . . although her willingness to stab former allies in the back the moment it serves her needs is beginning to hinder her in court.  Sun Shimmer is based in appearance on G3 Sun Shimmer, while Snow Shimmer is inspired by G1 Powder.

Seeker is one of the grey unicorn guards around Canterlot.  He is actually more interested in astronomy than guarding, but he's good at his job.  He has an enormous crush on Duke Sun Shimmer.  Not only is it not reciprocated, but Seeker has never actually had the nerve to introduce himself to Sun Shimmer, due to their class difference. (Wise move because Sun Shimmer is a horrible snob.)  At any rate, Seeker is a very romantic pony who likes the idea of loving from afar--the whole Lancelot / Guinevere type thing--and writing horribly sappy poetry about his hopeless love.  He is too busy pining over Sun Shimmer to notice that one of the cute pegasus guards has a crush on him.

Bingo (a nickname--his given name is Lovey Dovey) is also a romantic and falls in and out of love with fillies at the drop of a hat.  He secretly writes and publishes terrible romance novels to supplement his income.  He is a bit embarrassed by this, as most of the ponies he knows are rich enough that they don't have to work. He loves his parents even though they gave him one of the most godawful names known to ponykind.

Birdy (short for Birdsong) is Bingo's best friend, one of the idle rich who is, frankly, not very smart . . . though quite kind-hearted and well-meaning. He's also Prince Blueblood's cousin, but the two don't get along thanks to the fact that Birdy has never quite forgiven Blueblood for this childhood incident:

A pony who can steal a lemon ice pop, in Birdy's opinion, is capable of any skullduggery. The filly in the back is Birdy's (and Blueblood's) other cousin, Angel, based on G1 Angel.  Birdy is cheerful, frivolous, and unfocused.  :think:   He rarely thinks before he speaks or acts, which is how he ends up in situations like this:

Honestly, he does not even like Lyra in that way!  Really, Bon Bon!  Really!  The unicorns he's talking to are Lyra's parents, Reveille and Flowerburst.  Birdy's physical appearance, incidentally, is based off of Majesty's;  just a little G1 inside joke.   :silly:

My other main OC is Greaves, Birdy's impossibly intelligent valet (personal attendant) who is constantly pulling Birdy out of one scrape after another.  He's always calm, glides about noiselessly, and is sharp as a tack.  He has STRONG opinions on proper clothing for a gentlecolt.  He rarely involves himself in direct confrontations, preferring to pull strings from behind the scenes.

He's shown here carrying the luggage:

There are loads of G1 ponies in the background, if you care to try identifying them.

Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Wilford B Wolf

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 07:39:01 PM »
with my RP abilitys i could write a story to charm your ears off..sadly im too shy and secretive to share anything ive ever writen....its an art of mine that comes and goes..not useualy pony but easily adapted to any anthro form really

as for an OC...tahts something ive been pondering for a while now.....ive had my cutie mark for some years now(no you cant see it) ....the question comes down to body/color...my need for apseed puts me very peg...my down to earth hanging in the woods a shy earth pony...but my ability to create the impossible and work well outside the box...i cant see anything but a unicorn working that way..but im in no way royal enuf to be an alicorn..

colors again tricky..think of a dark painted pony 2 tone brown/black with dark brown mane and tail...but the other side of me is 2 town blue dashies light blue with  contouring dark blue...with black hair...as for the cutie mark..my wolf paw...tho i could see tossing something metal fab/mechanical into that somehow

Offline Nonnavlis

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • ~Tiny Space Princess~
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 08:07:50 PM »
This thread may be the kick in the pants I need to keep working on the pony-inspired story I've been mulling.

I wish I could say I have some very cutesy, cannon-esque story going on in my head, but lately my writing taste is bordering on harsher themes. My pony story is actually written from the perspective of a human teenage girl who is suffering through the struggles of growing up and seeing the relationships around her changing in ways she wishes they wouldn't (And unfortunately having to learn about new kinds of negative situations). She documents the events around her in a My Little Pony head-cannon of her own, where she and the friends she has are represented by My Little Pony characters, as a means of accepting her changing surroundings while also clinging to her childhood as best she can.

Now I think that if I ever were to return to writing MLP fanfic, the world of Tales and particularly that episode "Princess Problem" with Rosie the lost princess would be the subject I'd write about.  I'd write about Rosie and lineage. 

I would love to read that story! Rosie was one of my favourite tales ponies as a kid.

I have tons of original characters from various generations, but these guys are some of my main ones right now from my fanfic Canterlot Follies.  Although since the fanfic is inspired by P.G. Wodehouse's Jeeves & Wooster books, really they are not totally original. ;)
I can't remember if it's because I've seen your characters before or not, but when I saw that first picture of yours, I immediately knew they were supposed to be Jeeves and Wooster ponies.

Fanimusmaximus

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 08:20:26 PM »
Well the Orange one in my sig is my OC, his name is Brimstone. I have to work on making a story for him though.

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 08:39:37 PM »
Fun!  I don't have much headcanon, yeat...  I do have an Arena representative of me, though; hes in my avatar.  As for me in actual pony form...that would be my main OC...he would be a Pegasus colt named Solar Chaser.  (I got that name from a generator, using my real name, and I love it!)  He's be orange, and have a sun in his rump design...possibly a rainbow, or lightning, or something else weather oriented, as well.

He'd be hyper, curious, and love flying around all over the place.  XD  He'd totally hang around with the Mane 6 in FiM but he'd work for a G1 too.  I'kll do a custom of him sometime in a G1 mold.  C:

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 08:45:38 PM »
My pony story is actually written from the perspective of a human teenage girl who is suffering through the struggles of growing up and seeing the relationships around her changing in ways she wishes they wouldn't (And unfortunately having to learn about new kinds of negative situations). She documents the events around her in a My Little Pony head-cannon of her own, where she and the friends she has are represented by My Little Pony characters, as a means of accepting her changing surroundings while also clinging to her childhood as best she can.

That's kind of what I did. I wrote my experiences (heightened a bit) mixed with MLP. Writing was my way of coping.

Now I think that if I ever were to return to writing MLP fanfic, the world of Tales and particularly that episode "Princess Problem" with Rosie the lost princess would be the subject I'd write about.  I'd write about Rosie and lineage. 

I would love to read that story! Rosie was one of my favourite tales ponies as a kid

Well then, maybe one day I'll do it.  I'd also love to write about Meadowlark and Chevalier!
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2012, 09:04:18 PM »
I can't remember if it's because I've seen your characters before or not, but when I saw that first picture of yours, I immediately knew they were supposed to be Jeeves and Wooster ponies.

This makes me squee joyously, seriously!  I love that show, and the books, so much.  So muuuuch!

Oh, I just remembered a couple of my G1 OCs from way, way back:  Flare and Blue Moon.

They're Guardians, which is about the equivalent of being police detectives; they work for Majesty and help keep the peace.  Flare is a TAF stallion covered with flames and Blue Moon's symbol is a crescent moon.  They both take their job seriously, but Flare in particular is uptight.

Oh, one of my headcanons is that all Rainbow ponies (like Skydancer, Sunlight, etc) have magic powers, even the pegasi and earth ponies.  Also, Mimic is the queen of the desert city of Ray, Paradise Estate is NOT actually in Dream Valley at all, but is much farther north (inside a magic bubble that keeps the weather warm), near where the So-Soft ponies originate.  So-Soft ponies are fuzzy in order to keep warm in the colder climate.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 09:10:17 PM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Bongine

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2012, 01:12:49 AM »
Oh look, it's my :muffin: Pony OC pony.
I occasionally draw her going on historical adventures with her reenactor buddies, it's not the most interesting or dramatic thing in the world, but it's fun and it keeps me occupied. I've yet to develop her further beyond a cardboard cut-out, while her buddies are a bit more developed. Might have to start doing something solid with her, perhaps a small comic or something.
Ruffles plus tailor-pony.

And then there's Maximillian, who is kind of a crossover pony, and kind of an OC.
And he's a ghost-pony-thing.
Eyup.

OCs, OCs, OCs!

Ahhh I recognize those characters! Your fic is awesome! 8D

Offline Emfen

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Scented Moonlight Pony
    • View Profile
    • MLW Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2012, 02:11:25 AM »
I've yet to start the fic I've had in my mind for a long time. The fic itself would be something about slowly learning who you are and accepting that. It will feature my pony Blossom Eclipse who struggles with her selfesteem and writes letter to Celestia occasionally explaining that she feel unwanted by the ponies she know. Some were in the story she will also run away through Everfree forest were she faces obstacles and later meet new friends.
~✿~| No longer actively collecting. |~✿~

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2012, 12:06:57 PM »
I love the amount of thought you guys put into your own pony worlds! Makes me feel so unimaginative!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Mintymints

• Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Sock collector extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2012, 01:28:23 PM »
I've been musing a intergenerational type of story starring some cannon and some made up characters...
It would all have to do with the ponies on my deviantart: kittiekatlover3.deviantart.com
I have come up with several stories, but they are farfetched, I'm hoping, however to come up with more to add to a recent one I've been working on that explains what connected the years, which involves my Winger characters...
As I said, farfetched /:)

By Sunnyrain~Avvie by Starsteppony on DA

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2012, 03:11:24 PM »
Mine is Star Dragon (who goes by another name). She's my avatar right now... she is a pure white WU (her eyes sparkle rainbow, and she does not have a symbol) who can travel across world in her dreams. ^.^ She comes from an ancient line of ponies, and she has inherited the rainbow of light in Ponyland. I have a long story about her I wrote ages ago, but it is mostly private... I might put it out in the future, I don't know. She's been with me since I was a small child, I drew her and pretended to play her often.

Betelgeuse

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2012, 10:00:23 AM »
My head canon is fairly big due to the fact that My "head canon universe" contains nearly every series I like and my own novel series too. So I'll mostly only tell of the pony parts.
Lets begin shall we?
In the beginning of time a mystical deity known as Light came into existence and by her command every planet and star came into being. Light was not alone however, her coming into existence created another deity. known as Dark.

Light and Dark hated each other. Dark was jealous of Light's ability to create and was only able to create on it's own when it destroyed Light's creation.

Lets get to the pony part now...

Light created life on the first few planets of her design. One of these planets was called the Equuleus Planet. This planet would contain all of Pony Land/Dream Valley. (When FiM was created I made Equestria another continent on the planet)
Naturally, dark was pretty mad. Now, in order to attempt to dominate Light's planets Dark created "Lords of Darkness" (or corrupted people into becoming them) For the purpose of killing/enslaving/corrupting Light's sentient life. G1 fans can probably already guess where this is going.

Basically along comes Tirac, corrupted by the Rainbow of Darkness he attempts to subdue Pony Land by snuffing out the sun.
Luckily Light has "Light bearers" who are her own warriors that she enlists on her planets to combat the "Lords of Darkness". She makes the "Rainbow Bridge" available to Firefly to travel over to earth to bring Megan (according to my head canon she's a young and undiscovered "old one" from Susan Cooper's Dark is Rising Sequence) Megan had just turned 11 at the time. (Which is the age for an old one's 'coming of age.')

Megan naturally defeats Tirac (duhhh it's RaMC) Dark gets mad and leaves then sends more disposable servants to attack Megan. (It fails of course)

The rainbow of light is a light artifact. Each one has a dark artifact equivalent.
(Rainbow of Darkness= Rainbow of Light.   Lavender Dagger = Orion's belt.   etc.)

The Rainbow Road... Kinda like from norse mythology is a series of worm-holes that connect the planets together. Originally only used by Light herself they can be traveled on by those of significant power. Megan can travel on them because she's a Light bearer.

Being more specific on the pony kingdoms... Majesty was the very first unicorn pony ever created by Light, naturally she because the ruler of Dream Castle. The other ponies were created sometime after. Most of the currently alive ponies were not created by Light but were actually born. However, Majesty is immortal. Just like Luna, Celestia and Cadence.(FiM)

Equestria is a newer kingdom that branched off from Ponyland. Pony adventurers were much like Christopher Columbus and went to see if there was more then just Pony land. They named the new land "Equestria" and those that settled there became farmers and pioneers, leaving the feudal era.
The everfree forest is the last remnant of the untamed wilderness.

Phew. I think this is only the second time I've told anyone about this. Feels great.
As for OCs, most of them are "ponyfied" versions of my equine OCs (Like Betelgeuse, Mintaka etc.) However, I have two Ponies a unicorn Mare named Flame Wheel (who's red with flame like mane and tail) and Spotty (a pegasus foal. Covered in spots.)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal