collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ponyville - Do you like it? Collect it?  (Read 1472 times)

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
Ponyville - Do you like it? Collect it?
« on: April 29, 2012, 07:49:47 AM »
Ponyville is growing on me. I only have two, one was a gift, but  I saw a little Wysteria one at the thrift store I was at a few days ago, and now I want to go back and retrieve her.   I'm still eh on the anthro ones (though it'd be cute if someone customized them into the Tales girls!) but the regular ponies are darling.

Has anyone ever customized them? It seems like they'd be good for customizing, especially the ones with removable hair.     What have you made?

Who are your favorites?

Also, this whole post was a distraction from packing for my upcoming move, so post pictures if you like so I may be distracted further.  :) 

« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 08:13:44 AM by StoryDreamer »
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Ponyville - Do you like it? Collect it?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 08:15:43 AM »
I dont collect them but as an accessory obsessive....I am rapidly been overcome by some of the little accessories that they came with - so cute and varied. Although with the release of so many already within the G4 line I do wonder if I should just collect the accessories for them via G4!

Dont you find the little ones when they have had their hair removed look just a little bit scary?
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline bladed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Gotta hit some wasabi mayo to settle the nerves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 08:19:10 AM »
I like them and have a lot of stuff for it, but dont collect it. I have 2 removable hairs, both are the g3 ponyville not 3.5 - i lost cheerilee  but still have scootaloo
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 08:34:38 AM »
I dont collect them but as an accessory obsessive....I am rapidly been overcome by some of the little accessories that they came with - so cute and varied. Although with the release of so many already within the G4 line I do wonder if I should just collect the accessories for them via G4!

Dont you find the little ones when they have had their hair removed look just a little bit scary?

Have you seen the fridge set? That is so cute!

http://mylittleponycollector.blogspot.com/2007/10/new-ponyville-on-way.html

They do look a bit scary.... 
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 08:41:08 AM »
I keep picking them up at yard sales with their little buildings, but I didn't realize quite how many I had until I started their own shelf for them in the pony room. Up until I put up the shelf, I wouldn't have said I collect them, but the proof is in the pudding! (Proof is in the Ponyvilles, I suppose!)

I haven't gotten far enough to start cataloging and actively pursuing them yet, though.
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 08:54:57 AM »

Have you seen the fridge set? That is so cute!

http://mylittleponycollector.blogspot.com/2007/10/new-ponyville-on-way.html

They do look a bit scary.... 

Oh man....the temptation is too much...all those little teeny tiny little accessory pieces...make it stop!!!  :dribble:
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 09:00:40 AM »
I keep picking them up at yard sales with their little buildings, but I didn't realize quite how many I had until I started their own shelf for them in the pony room. Up until I put up the shelf, I wouldn't have said I collect them, but the proof is in the pudding! (Proof is in the Ponyvilles, I suppose!)

This! They just get everywhere...I swear they're breeding inside one of the playsets I picked up...

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 09:34:32 AM »
I must admit I wasn't into them much at first, but I have a few... thinking of customizing one into a Baby Squirmy.  :)  Definitely they are a gateway "drug" to Dollymix and BB's, though! 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2012, 11:13:57 AM »
Hm they are kinda cute... but I like the accessories more than the ponies themselves. They do have a creepy look in some poses :P

appleponygal

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2012, 11:39:49 AM »
I have Pinkie Pie's Balloon house I found at a flea market this year & before that I got Pinkie Pie & Desert Rose with soem of the house furniture. And I have a few other ponyville ponies. Most of them live in Pinkie Pie's house. :lol:

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2012, 12:36:07 PM »
I never really intended to start collecting them, but I found a few in cheap lots and now I have the start of a collection on my desk :) I just love them! And they are still tiny enough that I am not losing my already limited display space.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2012, 12:37:54 PM »
I have a few that I picked up at thrift stores/on clearance.  I don't really collect them but the accessories are cute.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2012, 10:03:50 PM »
they grew on me, i never intended to collect them, it was like hey what happened, how on earth did it start, when i moved i notice...and  before i knew it i had a massive giant size box full of ponyville playsets, they are just so cute and colourful and i absolulty love the fairground set with the rollercoaster and ferriswheel and love the popcorn theater, i have a glory custom from a sweetie belle i think il have to try and dig out the box, i didnt make it but im planning making a bubbles out of a pinkypie cos i have soooo many pinkys

oh yes the cool thing is you can put your blindbag ponies in the playsets and some of the accessories fit them too

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

TuxAndTails

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2012, 12:19:50 AM »
When I first started collecting ponies, it was just as core 7 was starting to leave stores, but G3.5 hadn't gotten here yet. So, what was on store shelves for me to buy? Ponyville! :lol:
So I have quite a few sets from then. I'm not a huge fan of the ponies themselves, but I love the accessories. Lots of them are the perfect size for my dolls, too; a box of pizza, some slices of cake, a sandwich, a balloon animal, a pinwheel, some shoe boxes, presents, a songbook, toothbrush/toothpaste... all the perfect size.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal