collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The NEXT Alternate Rehair Swap - Partners Assigned - ONE BOX LEFT TO BRAG!  (Read 17096 times)

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
Re: The NEXT Alternate Rehair Swap - who's in? (Interest thread)
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2014, 11:44:59 AM »
I'd be interested! 

I'd prefer if we stuck to G1.  Or that I was paired to prepare a box for someone only wanted G1.  My rehairing method may not work with the harder plastics of G2, G3, and G4.  I've also never have popped heads on those ponies. . .  << >>

I'd be happy to receive G2 ponies though.

I think a $20-$30 on the ponies and rehairing supplies.  And I like the idea of including a hank of hair and a bait pony.  Maybe that included in the pony price, and then $10 or so for extras? 

I'd be happy to have the swap with a rough wishlist of sorts.  Maybe a bit of a / sort of a custom rehair army swap. . .  but not quite?  I wouldn't like a random swap where my partner just did whatever.  I don't collect G3's, and I'm extremely fussy on G4's to the point I have one.  Yet I have a rather large list of ponies I'd like to have in rehairs as I've either already have them, or I just love certain ones with lots of different styles of hair.  :) 

Offline Summer-blade

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=100000958584055
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2014, 04:05:18 PM »
I think I might be up for this. It has been a while since I've been in a swap.

Offline Eluluu

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • should be sculpting... ooh! Netflix!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2014, 04:35:24 PM »
I think id be up for this, its fun and relaxing and fits in my budget... and I can work it nicely around my commissions etc...

i like the idea of bait and hair as extras, and maybe having other extras being optional, as money can be tight. and as always, im a fan of extra rehairs in leu of regular extras, as i usually have stuff on hand to do more than the one or two required ponies.

im also pretty much only into G1s for rehairs. i can appreciate some G3s but just don't really have the urge to collect them. pretty much the same story for G4s.

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2014, 10:35:01 AM »
Sorry guys! So many awesome questions and since this is my first time, I'm a little behind on gathering info...

Hopefully I can answer some of these:

-Yes we usually have an "extras" budget for like nonpony items, candy, stickers, whatever your partner might like that's like... usually around $5 in extras? But perhaps if we want to say, Bait + hair + one other fun item (candy, sticker, cheap... thing, :lol:) that probably would come out around $5 - would $10 in extras (if it included the bait cost and hair hank cost) be too much?

-If we do like 2-3 adult ponies, let's say an expensive bait is about $6 each... so that's just under $20 in ponies. Three hanks of hair are $9... are we pushing the limit there? I know I personally find most baits for around $1-2 but if I have to find something specific sometimes I'm willing to pay out more...

-Time limit and old rules - I will dig up the info from the last Rehair Swap and look them over and share them here, so we can see if that time line and rules work for us again

-Rehair method - I believe in the last swap we required the hair get glued in, even if you were using the knot method, for security purposes?

-Also, we were able to use any type of hair, yarn, nylon, poly, etc etc etc - just whatever your partners personal preferences are.

-Last time we did... I believe 2 adult ponies or 1 adult and 2 babies. I personally would like to open this up more... Maybe 3 adults, or 1 adult = 2 babies, so up to 4 babies with 1 adult (or 2 adults and 2 babies, if that makes sense)? It would be based on preferences from your partner, but we kept the number strict enough that we wouldn't see packages where someone was getting 14 rehairs and another only got the required 2, so we want to keep that pretty level so we all get the same basic number of rehairs... We also kept the adult aspect but we could open it up for all babies if your partner wanted maybe? Also like Brothers, SHS, those were "adults", flutters and wingers were "babies?" I believe? We can talk about that as well...

-Usually it works like we asks some general broad questions about what "groups" of ponies you like the best (like Rainbow or TAF or SHS, etc) and then what specific ponies you might have armies of, or who are your "favorites" or poses that you like... and then also colors that you like. This can give your partner a general idea of your taste. Of course this does need to be tailored to our budget, so, listing like... Mimic and Nightglider as your favorites... well I doubt many people have those gals as baits or can find them cheap enough, etc. But if you say, "I like Crumpet Pose" - then that opens the door to many crumpet pose ponies.

-I will do a bit more research and repost some of the info from our last swap, and I also need to start talking to a mod about this, I think we have a healthy interest!
As far as the requirements to participate, that I will have to ask a mod about for advice as well - so I will definitely keep this posted.

Anything else you guys can think of? :biggrin: I'm getting pretty excited!
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2014, 11:01:41 AM »
Sunshine, thanks for posting more information. It sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun :) Looking forward to more details the official thread for signup :)

Offline Eluluu

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2014, 12:09:59 PM »
i think flutters can fall safely under babies cause theyre a dime a dozen, but id say wingers would be adult... based on prices at least... *shrug* theyre crazy popular and tend to run a bit more. i do like the whole one adult =2 babies idea tho. =] and making a massive list of ponies you like (as long as theyre reasonably priced of course) and the whole favorite colors/themes... and maybe even more specific if you have an awesome idea youd like to see... like "rainbow haired wingers" or "Fizzy in pinks" or the ever popular "Gusty in fall colors"

and i believe one of the old ones had a note that you could alter symbols if you like, like colorwise, but no straight up customs. just to make the new hair colors match if you wanted to. =]

***Elu

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2014, 12:40:00 PM »
i think flutters can fall safely under babies cause theyre a dime a dozen, but id say wingers would be adult... based on prices at least... *shrug* theyre crazy popular and tend to run a bit more. i do like the whole one adult =2 babies idea tho. =] and making a massive list of ponies you like (as long as theyre reasonably priced of course) and the whole favorite colors/themes... and maybe even more specific if you have an awesome idea youd like to see... like "rainbow haired wingers" or "Fizzy in pinks" or the ever popular "Gusty in fall colors"

and i believe one of the old ones had a note that you could alter symbols if you like, like colorwise, but no straight up customs. just to make the new hair colors match if you wanted to. =]

***Elu

I agree!  Even Bait Wingers go for more than most adult baits do.  $6 and up even, depending on which winger.  They're popular to customize and while they are super quick and easy to rehair in comparison to most, the pony price is yeow. 

Offline Summer-blade

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=100000958584055
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2014, 04:39:53 PM »
I do have a question regarding hair would we be able to do different kinds of hair? Like glow in the dark, Kakleon, maybe even yarn, or wig hair?

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2014, 07:57:53 PM »

***Elu

I agree!  Even Bait Wingers go for more than most adult baits do.  $6 and up even, depending on which winger.  They're popular to customize and while they are super quick and easy to rehair in comparison to most, the pony price is yeow.

Well, price isn't really the issue for the baits themselves - some people have those baits on hand and are ready and willing to use them for a swap... Like, no one is going to be required to buy an expensive winger bait ya know? And you can find deals from time to time, like I've picked one up at Goodwill for $0.50, so, if you're generous and wanted to use it for the swap, etc. I just don't think any groups should be completely ruled out because you never know what you might find a deal on! :lol:

so they can fill an "adult" space if we want to say they're "adults", but just because you put wingers on your list, the lists won't be so restrictive that you will have a partner who will only be asking for "expensive winger baits" or anything like that ;) So, either way, we can definitely clarify which "in between" ponies fit into which categories when we do sign ups :biggrin: And it will be important for people to tailor their list to the price of the swap for the baits and groups that they like, etc - it's probably not really a good idea if someone joins the swap and only is interested in say, Year 3 Adult Sea Ponies or something like that because those are expensive... etc, ya know? :)

And yes of course - we said last time we can do any kind of hair, we will have a question when we do sign ups about what kind of hair you like or dislike - some people love yarn, some people hate tinsel, etc etc etc - so we will make sure to cover that in our preferences questions! :biggrin: Oh but I do believe that we had a requirement that the doll-nylon type hair was actually like... real quality hair, not like from the cheap dollar store inserts you can buy because that hair is very low quality...
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 08:01:27 PM by Sunshine »

My Want List

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2014, 09:54:15 PM »
Ooh that raised issues I hadn't thought about. I'll say then I'm on the fence in participation. I only rehair G1s and wouldn't feel confident in working on a different generation pony honestly. I do keep meaning to try it, but would prefer to try it first before doing it for a swap partner.

I also do rehairing with a needle/thread with knots. I don't use glue so that would be an issue for me. I've never had ponies with hair coming out knots are far more secure than glue if it's done right. :huh:

I'll wait and see how the list of requirements turn out before I say for sure I'm joining in.

Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2014, 05:33:48 AM »
Maddie, if it does not work for you, I can do a private swap with you if you wish.  :)
:socks:   :frog:

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2014, 06:11:25 AM »
Maddie, if it does not work for you, I can do a private swap with you if you wish.  :)

Ooh yes that would be awesome. Thank you Ry! :hug:

Formerly Maddie

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
Re: The NEXT Alternate Rehair Swap - who\'s in? (Interest thread)
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2014, 08:49:47 AM »
I believe we had this conversation in the last swap... people felt almost... "threatened" that used the knot method being asked to add some glue in at the end. It's just for security purposes on everyone's end and is not a dig at the way anyone or any method of rehairing..

In fact, here are the rules from last time - which again, I'm asking about modifying these or keeping them the same:
 :bomb: The Rules:
This is a G1 only swap!
This is NOT a full custom swap; don't do a full body repaint, or make a new pony or anything. However, you are allowed to re-do eye and symbol colors for the sake of matching the new hair.
No restores to original hair color(s), get creative!
Hair must be doll quality material; do not use wigs or hair accessories as a source
May be rehaired with yarn as a 'perfume puff' style
Ponies may be flawed, but nothing substantial. An acceptable flaw list will be provided.
Rehair must be done neat, and hair glued in.
Must be willing to ship internationally
must be able to meet deadlines and finish on time.
Progress check ins are required see dates- pm me when your hair and baits have been purchased and post in thread updates.
do not message your partner!
this is not a wishlist swap

None of the rules are meant to make anyone feel like the way they do something isn't "good enough" - and Maddie it probably won't be hard to have a G1 based partner, most of the people who rehair are focused on G1s (or G4s) - and since it's going to be a decently small group I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to ask "which generation do you prefer to rehair?" in our sign up list, making partnering a bit easier perhaps? :) OR if we keep these rules, we can make it a G1 only swap.

Post Merge: March 26, 2014, 09:04:02 AM

I do just want to mention I sent in some potential dates and requirements to one of the customs mods here, to put this on their radar. Before I make an actual sign-up post, I'd love to hear how you guys feel about the rules from last time, if you'd change them, if you want to make it a 3 pony swap... keep it a G1 only swap... add in the "required" extra of 1 bait and 1 hank of hair?

Thank you all, I hope the rules don't discourage anyone - we can definitely modify them if we want to! :biggrin:
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 09:04:02 AM by Sunshine »

My Want List

Offline Eluluu

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2014, 09:28:01 AM »
so far I like the list posted, and id be ok with it being G1 only, date wise, I prefer a 2 window (or more) just cause of the waiting on hair orders and bait orders etc etc and ive been thinking about the extras thing, maybe just have it be 2 hanks of hair (bait optional to replace a hank) cause sometimes finding a rehair-worthy bait can be tough. (tho I can think of a few G1s id LOVE to get my mitts on bait-wise, so this is just an idea really lol)

3 pony swap or even the two pony (with the two-fer-baby rule) sounds good to me.

*scampers off to crack open a bait box that just arrived*

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2014, 10:32:08 AM »
Oh don't take it as me being offended or something. I'm not offended just stating my concerns. I didn't join the others since I was busy at those times and never looked at the rules once they were set up. That's fine though, don't worry about the generation thing at least in my part. I'll stick with doing a private swap since I don't use glue on my rehairs.

Thanks though! ^.^

Formerly Maddie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal