collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Rocket Boy my son's rewark OC pony  (Read 1037 times)

MsGatamon

• Trade Count: (0)
Rocket Boy my son's rewark OC pony
« on: April 04, 2012, 12:28:10 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My seven year old sonDar  asked to have my latest custom. I said no, not because he was a boy but because of all the mistakes that were a part of that custom. I am making him his own custom. I decided to make it a learning experience. I made him a form to fill out. For accomplishing certain goals each day he gets to fill out part of the form.
I am hoping this teaches him about setting and reaching goals even when the journey to the goal is filled with hard boring stuff. I also hope this become a good reward system. Each time he reaches his daily goal he gets to see a little bit of the end goal. This reward/goal system can be applied to other things. Infact his new end goal will earn him the Dagadar Two Lane Jump Raceway that he has been begging for. 
His requirements were; Twilight Sparkle bait, FBR red, mane is Dollyhair Golden Sun (http://www.dollyhair.com/nylonhair.htm[/url]) with gold tinsel, tail is Dollyhair Electric Banana with tinsel, yellow G3 style eyes, cutie mark is a 3D pink heart with a red heart inside (custom is based off G3 Love-A-Belle http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/File:Love_a_bell.JPG[/url] which is currently his only pony), matching penguin animal companion, and I need to use glow-in-the-dark paint.
I was able to make it less girly by resculpting a squarish muzzle and smoothed over the slanted eyes.  With the molded eyes no longer present I was able to give round eyes.  The mane was made with three rows of hair plugs and styled into a wind blown mohawk.  I also sculpted some G4 inspired hoofs.
A rocked cutie mark worked well with the required colors of the tail and body, also with what he wanted in a cutie mark.  The tail was designed to resemble the spark trail left by a firework befor it explodes.  The is why the 6 different colors of tinsel is longer then the nylon.  I did add some irredescent glitter paint to the cutie mark.  That is my sons favorite paint and work quite well with the design.
Pesk is the name I call my son when I tease him.
I topped of the yellow and green paint of the penquin with glow-in-the-dark paint.  Also the penguins eyes, feet, and beak got the same treatment.  Rocket Boy's horn and light colored paint of his eyes were alos topped with glow-in-the-dark paint.  Glow-in-the-dark paint can be found on the yellow stripes of the cutie marks, and the head of the rocket but not the pink heart in the middle.  Sorry my camera can not take a picture of the paint doing its thing in the dark.
My son wanted me to use one of his baby penguins from his collection as the animal companion.  But I felt I could do better by sculpting a similar penguin. Not too bad for my first attempt at sculpting a detailed animal figure.  My son was so happy to get his penguin back unpainted.
With the mettalic red paint FBR, tinsel, and glitter; this pony trully shimmers and shines.

Offline Vampasaurus

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Champion of Kirkwall
    • View Profile
Re: Rocket Boy my son's rewark OC pony
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 01:32:47 PM »
that is the most adorable thing. I love how you made him earn it. that will make this pony all the more special to him! I love seeing pony parents make customs for their kiddies. Makes me wish my nieces didn't fall out of the pony phase so quickly. I'm sure this pony is going to be very well loved.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://vampasaurus.tumblr.com/

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 01:33:47 PM »
Well done!  Love the idea of setting goals for your son.  I may need to borrow that as DD is having a case of 6 yo know it allism.
:socks:   :frog:

MsGatamon

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 02:03:07 PM »
Well done!  Love the idea of setting goals for your son.  I may need to borrow that as DD is having a case of 6 yo know it allism.
Go ahead and use my idea and adapt it for your use.
I started it as a new way to see the end goal.  His teacher has been using rubber bands around her wrist; if at the end of the day she still has at least one rubber band then he gets points applied to some fun activity.  The problem is that rubberbands and points marked on a paper dont resemble the end goal.  But seeing bits a pieces of his pony seems to work because the pony was the end goal and he got to see me working on the goal too.
I am going to make a copy of the Dagadar box and make it into a puzzle.  When he reaches his daily goal he gets a puzzle piece.
Good luck.  If you do somethin like this that includes a custom try to find some step in the process that your child can help with.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 02:16:33 PM by MsGatamon »

Shajana

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 03:02:29 PM »
Very good idea!

Offline Tiella

• Trade Count: (+118)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Professional Multi-Tasker
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art Page
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 03:25:20 PM »
I love it, it came out great!

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2012, 04:10:40 PM »
Very cute!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal