collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Cleaning a Baby Ballerina?  (Read 647 times)

PandoraFox

• Trade Count: (0)
Cleaning a Baby Ballerina?
« on: May 28, 2012, 07:47:01 AM »
I'm the owner of a seriously grimy Baby Tippytoes.
I've been meaning to give her a really good thorough cleaning, but I'm not sure how to go about it.
She's really grimy so I'd love to give her an oxi-clean bath or something similar, but I'm a bit worried about water getting stuck in those posable joints.

Does anyone have experience cleaning these ladies? Is there perhaps a way to take her apart for cleaning, so that I can reassemble her when she's all dry? I was thinking of heating up the joints, and seeing if I can pop her legs out, but I'd rather hear from someone with experience before I try something that drastic. ^^;

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Cleaning a Baby Ballerina?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 07:57:04 AM »
Well I have one of them from my childhood collection. I used to take baths with her and clean her regularly, including recently when I was prepping her for display. She's still as beautiful as ever! no tail rust, no difficulties with joints or anything at all wrong with her (surprisingly :O) so I say clean her without boiling.

From my experience immersing her in water didn't "break" her (and I´ve done that who knows how many times) so I think you´re safe doing it once :) I would advise against pulling her apart though, I just think the risk is not worth it ^^
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 09:36:42 AM »
I've cleaned the adult ones with no problem, just scrub the outside if you're worried about submerging them. Any water that got into the leg joints comes out/evaporates, so I think you're fine.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 12:17:08 PM »
The best solution if you are worried is simply not to submerge her - a good scrub with toothpaste/baking soda and rinse or a wipe over with a good quality baby wipe should get most of the dirt out of the way. If you do decide to soak her, just make sure to leave her out somewhere warm so as, Elisto says, all the water evaporates. I wouldn't try popping her  legs of for fear of doing more damage then maybe a little residual water in the joints would cause.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

PandoraFox

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2012, 01:28:58 PM »
Thank you all. :)
If it's not certain that she can be properly disassembled, then i'm certainly not going to try if it's not completely necessary.

I already tried to clean a part of her, and found that she's at least not permanently stuck as some sort of dingy blue-green and greyish-purple, it'll just take a lot of scrubbing to clean her back up. ^^

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2012, 02:20:58 PM »
Good luck and be sure to get some pre and post pics :)
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal