collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sprinkles on card without the Waterfall (+ baby ponies on cards)  (Read 3201 times)

Offline willa

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Greek Ladybird Mint in Egg
    • View Profile
Re: Sprinkles on card without the Waterfall
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2012, 03:28:28 PM »
She is lovely on a card like that : )
SEEKING... Princess Taffeta & Pristina, 7 Tales Bon Bon and Peru Unicorns Moonstone & Windy x

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline butterflybuttons

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Feeling the G2 love
    • View Profile
    • My outdated DA
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2012, 03:38:50 PM »
For the longest time I thought I had made up memories, when I recalled the moment my sister got this pony and the duck. I must have been four years old or younger, so my memories of it are a bit unclear but I could have sworn the toy was on a card. It's nice to know I didn't imagine the whole thing.

I do that too, sometimes I wonder if my memories are made up or not.

Offline balletpot

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Avatar: Childhood Bow-Tie in a new outfit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2012, 03:47:15 PM »
Ha ha, I feel so old for remembering her being on a card. :lol:  This might not have anything to with this topic but I also have Baby Glory in my childhood herd but no accessories for her. I asked my childhood friend if it was hers but she can't remember and I honestly don't think we would have mixed up our pony stuff, especially not the actual ponies. I know Baby Glory didn't belong to a playset but was she released in a "stripped version"? I have the one with glitter symbols. I do remember playing with a MLP stacking toy as a child but I don't know if it was mine.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2012, 04:17:18 PM »
Ha ha, I feel so old for remembering her being on a card. :lol:  This might not have anything to with this topic but I also have Baby Glory in my childhood herd but no accessories for her. I asked my childhood friend if it was hers but she can't remember and I honestly don't think we would have mixed up our pony stuff, especially not the actual ponies. I know Baby Glory didn't belong to a playset but was she released in a "stripped version"? I have the one with glitter symbols. I do remember playing with a MLP stacking toy as a child but I don't know if it was mine.

Yes all the original babies got a release on card with no accessories other than a bottle each - they came this way both with glitter symbols and matt symbols - the card was portrait orientation, similar in style to the waterfall one here, mainly blue in colour decorated on the front just with the baby ponies and with a blank reverse side. They were again a Euro release - mainly central Europe.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+522)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2012, 07:42:52 PM »
Wow, Sprinkles is one of my favorites- I never knew she was packages like that. I need her, but could never imagine what kind of price that package might fetch...

Offline balletpot

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2012, 01:35:28 AM »
Yes all the original babies got a release on card with no accessories other than a bottle each - they came this way both with glitter symbols and matt symbols - the card was portrait orientation, similar in style to the waterfall one here, mainly blue in colour decorated on the front just with the baby ponies and with a blank reverse side. They were again a Euro release - mainly central Europe.

This might get lost in this thread since the title doesn't include Baby Glory but if anyone has a photo of a Baby Glory MOC or another baby pony released like this I'd love to see it, or a photo of just the card. I think we mainly got the US or UK releases here. The play and care sets had the snugfit diaper box for instance. Or if you, hathorcat, know when these baby ponies on cards were released I'd like to know - think I stopped getting ponies around 1988.

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2012, 02:49:24 AM »
WEIRD!  lol  Just when you think you know all thre is to know about the ponies...  XD

I dont think thats possible lol! Every time you think you know...something else pops up to confuse and educate! Lol....

This is what I love about the G1s.

This might get lost in this thread since the title doesn't include Baby Glory but if anyone has a photo of a Baby Glory MOC or another baby pony released like this I'd love to see it, or a photo of just the card. I think we mainly got the US or UK releases here. The play and care sets had the snugfit diaper box for instance. Or if you, hathorcat, know when these baby ponies on cards were released I'd like to know - think I stopped getting ponies around 1988.

I had four of these babies, all of them were bought on those cards. I have most of the ponies and acc still but not the packaging unfortunately. I think I bought them in either 1986 or 1987, here in Sweden.

I have some ebay pictures saved on my computer, if no one has a better picture I'll go ahead and post one of those.

Baby Glory came with a baby bottle only, white with blue paint around the top.

edit to add - I think Centifolia has both the babies and Sprinkles moc. I don't remember her arena name at the moment... She used to have a photobucket album with all her mocs, including mountain boys as well, but I don't think it's up any more.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 02:52:38 AM by tootie_tails »
-

Offline balletpot

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2012, 04:57:28 AM »

I had four of these babies, all of them were bought on those cards. I have most of the ponies and acc still but not the packaging unfortunately. I think I bought them in either 1986 or 1987, here in Sweden.

I have some ebay pictures saved on my computer, if no one has a better picture I'll go ahead and post one of those.

Baby Glory came with a baby bottle only, white with blue paint around the top.

edit to add - I think Centifolia has both the babies and Sprinkles moc. I don't remember her arena name at the moment... She used to have a photobucket album with all her mocs, including mountain boys as well, but I don't think it's up any more.
I'm so curious!

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2012, 09:24:27 AM »
No one...?

Well here are a couple of ebay pictures I had saved (if they are from someone on here, let me know if you want me to take them down)

These are baby moondancer and baby blossom though.

-

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2012, 09:26:34 AM »
I have pictures of Moondancer and Glory that I owed but not on this computer so I am not much help today!
Loa is my love god!

Offline balletpot

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2012, 09:44:12 AM »
It doesn't look familiar but thanks for posting. I wonder if that's how I got my Baby Glory. Hathorcat, feel free to post that Baby Glory photo whenever you have the chance.

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2012, 09:54:09 AM »
Wow, I had no idea she was ever packaged on a card. Learn something new everyday!
~Foxtale~

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2012, 09:59:24 AM »
Wow such an interesting bit of new information.  I am thinking I wish they still sold ponies on back cards like this. Now it takes like an hour to open children's toys due to  all the ties, sewn down pieces, tape, and plastic in plastic.  Boy that old packaging sure would have made it a lot easier to get your pony out and enjoy it.  I guess we can thank retail theft for this fact.  Do you remember if you got a sticker with these? Or were they without stickers? I don't really know a whole lot about the stickers, I am just starting to wish I had more than I do.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline balletpot

• View Profile
Re: Sprinkles on card without the Waterfall (+ baby ponies on cards)
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2012, 10:11:55 AM »
I'd vote no on the stickers. I can't see any in the packages here and I don't have any of Sprinkles or Baby Glory, I've got most of my childhood stickers left.

Edit: I have all of my stickers left.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 11:16:15 AM by balletpot »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Sprinkles on card without the Waterfall (+ baby ponies on cards)
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2012, 10:27:02 AM »
No - none of them came with stickers - the babies only had a bottle each that was all...
Loa is my love god!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal