collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Grrr Ebay again.. seller sends me CF Blue Belle instead of FF..  (Read 1485 times)

Offline sweetapple

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
..and now wants me to pay for return shipping.. I shouldn't have to pay return shipping for a mistake they made, should I?

The auction was for 3 ponies--- Skyflier, Satin n' Lace and Blue Belle. It clearly stated, quote from listing--

*Blue Belle  ('82, Y1) is an ash-blue adult earth pony with lavender hair and blue eyes. Her symbol is a pattern of twelve blue stars of varying sizes.  She is in the Flatfoot Pose. Bluebelle was re-released in Year 2 as a Collector Pony. Flatfoot ponies were the first My Little Ponies, printed in Year 1, in 1982. All of them were printed in the same pose -- the Flatfoot Pose -- with their heads facing forward and down. Their name derives from the fact that they were the only My Little Ponies made so that the undersides of their hooves are flat rather than concave.All of the ponies in the Flatfoot set were reprinted the following year in the Collector Pose, which is very similar to the Flatfoot Pose but has concave feet and longer front legs, and stands with the head held a little higher. The Collector Ponies were otherwise identical to the Year 1 Flatfoot Ponies: their names, colors, symbols, accessories, and packaging were all the same.

FF Blue Belle was the whole reason I bid-- She is one of my all time favourite ponies and I really wanted her Flat Foot version, so I was thrilled when I finally found one in a lot with some other ponies I was after.

So I received the package this morning and was disappointed to find she was a concave instead of FF (now I have 2 concave Blue Belles!)

I wrote to the seller kindly about the situation. She replied, though I can't make too much sense of her explanation
---

hi, i looked on the bottom of the foot & it said '82 so that i put Y1. the information also stated about the othern type of foot so. if you are unhappy with your items please return them at your own expense per Ebay rules & i will refund you your purchase price. the other alternative is that you can keep the items & i can give you a 10% refund. thank you for your time.

So I am expected to pay for the return shipping or receive just 10 per cent refund? Surely that can't be fair :( I'm a little unsure how to go about replying now. What do ya'll think?

[moving to TS ~ I am sure you ll get some great advice over there ~ many thanks ~ hathorcat]
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 12:25:53 PM by hathorcat »

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
Re: Grrr Ebay again.. seller sends me CF Blue Belle instead of FF..
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 08:49:16 AM »
Your seller seems to not understand...

I would write them again and explain further. Restate that they claimed it was the flatfoot pose, and that it is not. Use pictures for comparison, and quote their listing.

If that doesn't work, I'd file an "item not as described" with ebay. If you go that route you may still have to pay return shipping, with delivery confirmation. But there's also a chance that ebay could decide to issue you a refund without having to return. It just depends.

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 09:31:29 AM »
The seller may have mentioned the CF, but she clearly states this one was supposed to be FF and gives a pretty thorough explanation, making it sound like she knew what she was talking about. Personally, as a seller, I tend to ask that if buyers want to return an item, they need to pay return shipping, but in this case, it's not that you're unhappy, it's that what you got is not what she said it was. If as a seller, I made a mistake, I think I'd pay for return shipping. Does she have a shop policy for how she handles returns? Maybe you can offer to split the return shipping? If nothing else, I'd do like NoDivision said.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 10:02:34 AM »
Please let us know who this seller is, so nobody else gets caught by their terrible descriptions!  FF and CF are very easy to tell apart and the fact that she KNOWS what they are, gives off warning bells to me, at least.  :(

You can always PM me.  ;)  *pony hugs*
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

RedheadedBeauty

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2012, 12:45:05 PM »
I completely agree with lovesbabysquirmy. She states over and over again that the pony is in fact a FF version not CF. I say she knew exactly what she was doing and it was no mistake since FF are harder to find. I don't think you should have to pay to return it. Is she wanting you to return all or just that one? Are you wanting to keep the other ones? Have you divided out how much 10% would be? Is that 10% for the items only or the total price including shipping? Is 10% more or less than what it would cost to ship it back?

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2012, 05:07:00 PM »
I'm with NoDivision, I think the seller has no idea what she's talking about. Sounds like she copy and pasted the explanation from wiki or something.

I don't think she was trying to scam. Although, it's still her responsibility to fix the problem. Try to continue to explain the issue. And, do you want to return the ponies or keep them?

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 05:36:38 PM »
How very disappointing for you :sad:
  Its tough to know whether the seller knew what she was doing or not. The description is very clear thats its supposed to be the FF version,  but she doesnt seem to understand from the message she sent you, which implies thast she did copy/paste the description either from another ebay auction, or from some other sales/acution site  :awake:  At least she is willing to work with you, and she has offered to give you a full or partial refund. Normally with ebay , you do have to pay the return shipping costs with delivery confirmation (ebay says you are covered  by buyers protection for the original shipping cost and item cost) , so if you open a case there is the chance that they will make you do that. Other than that, is it worth it to keep the pony and have a partial refund?  :what:  you can always resell the pony here if you want to

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 01:26:43 AM »
I'd suggest taking the refund and then seeing if someone can trade you a FF for the CF...I will, but since I'm in the US it'd probably be better for it to be someone from the same country, because of shipping. :)
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2012, 04:03:49 AM »
I am going to agree with Ringlets and RPB here that it looks like she copy and pasted her info from wiki or another site.  I don't think she has any idea what the difference between flat or concave is going by her response back.

It's good to see that she is willing to work with you though.  I personally would take the discount.  There is usually enough interest in her that you would probably not have any problem reselling her.

But the choice is oviously yours  :)
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Dyzarktarzk

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2012, 08:10:11 PM »
It's her responsability to fix the problem.  In the worst case, take the discount.  It'll be easier to sale/trade her for the one you want =)

I'd be happy to trade your CF BB, for a FF BB (have her FF version and missing the CF), but I'm gonna be MIA for almost a month (and from Mexico =X).

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal