collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Care Bears Thread  (Read 56658 times)

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Care Bears Thread
« Reply #180 on: November 15, 2019, 10:30:45 PM »
What’s been happening with Care Bears recently?? Is there a currently running show? I was walking through the toy aisle earlier and picked up an adorable 8 inch True Heart plushie, they also had older characters like Love-a-Lot and Birthday who I didn’t expect to see, but I love them. Trying to do some googling now to see if I can pick up all 10 original characters but the assortment listings are not giving me much joy, lots of pictures of new bears but no names!

Are these new bears? I'd love to see photos!

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 15, 2019, 11:41:37 PM »
What’s been happening with Care Bears recently?? Is there a currently running show? I was walking through the toy aisle earlier and picked up an adorable 8 inch True Heart plushie, they also had older characters like Love-a-Lot and Birthday who I didn’t expect to see, but I love them. Trying to do some googling now to see if I can pick up all 10 original characters but the assortment listings are not giving me much joy, lots of pictures of new bears but no names!

They seem like new style beanie plush toys. They’re small, super soft and squishy, and have a piece of felt for the tuft on their head, instead of hair strands. I think I finally figured out the assortment... wave 1 seems to be True Heart, Birthday, Daydream, Share, Cheer and Shine Bright. Wave two seems to be Love-a-Lot, Funshine, Bedtime, Sweet Dreams, Best Friend and Cheer (again).

stock images
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Shy Violet

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 23, 2019, 06:58:50 PM »

They seem like new style beanie plush toys. They’re small, super soft and squishy, and have a piece of felt for the tuft on their head, instead of hair strands. I think I finally figured out the assortment... wave 1 seems to be True Heart, Birthday, Daydream, Share, Cheer and Shine Bright. Wave two seems to be Love-a-Lot, Funshine, Bedtime, Sweet Dreams, Best Friend and Cheer (again).

stock images

They're super cute! Thanks for sharing, I'll have to keep an eye out

Offline StayGoldPonyboy

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 23, 2019, 08:28:56 PM »
Grumpy, Funshine, and Bedtime are my faves. I still have my childhood Baby Funshine, and I love them a lot! I would try to get Grumpy and Bedtime but I’m a huge germophobe/scared of bugs so I don’t buy plush secondhand. If I had the experience to clean and restuff them maybe...

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #184 on: November 23, 2019, 08:42:11 PM »
My favourite bear is Friend Bear, who always gets left out of merch, so I wouldn't be interested in picking anything up that isn't her. I care more about the Cousins tbh, but they never seem to want to do anything with them. :rolleyes: Luckily Brave Heart is probably my #1 Cousin, and he's the Main One, so he gets merch over the others. But then there's Proud Heart that gets next to nothing, and Noble Heart and Treat Heart who actually DO get nothing... They always bring back True Heart, but NOT Noble Heart...?! Where's the logic in that?

I bought Kenner figures of Brave Heart and Friend Bear over the summer. I'd like to maybe get as many figures as I can if I regain interest (Treat Heart and Proud Heart are apparently impossible to get a hold of so they're out of the question). I'd probably get Grams next but I've been keeping my eyes peeled for Champ Bear too.

Spoiler

Plushes are sort of off-limits because I don't have the room and, like Ponyboy, I don't really trust secondhand plushes.

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 24, 2019, 03:57:05 PM »
I told my partner's mom that, if she wants to make me something for Christmas, it would be cool if it depicted Proud Heart, and then showed her my Proud Heart pattern.
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   

Offline pawpatrolbab

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Power Puff Pony
  • Never be afraid to be yourself
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #186 on: November 25, 2019, 07:54:37 PM »
I used to have one but due to immigration I had to get rid of them
This is the only thing I have left because it's at my partners house

(Picture is not mine, it came from Pinterest)
Spoiler
🌈Wordpress Blog: https://natescoloringbook.wordpress.com/
✨Tumblr Blog: https://crayoncritter.tumblr.com/
I don't have much of a collection anymore due to immigrating but I hope to bring my trade score up so I can participate in the future! Always open and looking to make friends with fellow adults 💙 Please don't hesitate to shoot me a message!

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 01, 2019, 08:29:17 AM »
Ragamuffin, I think I have most of the old figures too except the ones never made, hard to find or were just test figures (Proud, Loyal, Playful, and Treatheart, as well as Secret Bear).  If I had the money I would like to have some customs made.  There are some nice ones out there.

Offline Rychu

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 02, 2019, 08:03:46 AM »
My care bear plush collection is over 350 strong :)

Offline Rychu

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 11, 2019, 12:47:29 PM »
My care bear plush collection is over 350 strong :)
Here is a somewhat outdated pic of my collection. I have about 40 more now ;)

Offline brightberry

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 11, 2019, 01:10:25 PM »
 :shocked:  That's a lot of care bears! So pretty together like that.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 11, 2019, 03:16:18 PM »
Rychu, I am in awe. :shocked: Major kudos, that’s an incredible collection! Thank you for sharing! :D

Question: Are they planning to continue the “retro” CB plush line that started with Cheer and Share? I haven’t seen any new ones, but I really hope they make more.
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline Rychu

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 12, 2019, 04:25:56 AM »
Rychu, I am in awe. :shocked: Major kudos, that’s an incredible collection! Thank you for sharing! :D

Question: Are they planning to continue the “retro” CB plush line that started with Cheer and Share? I haven’t seen any new ones, but I really hope they make more.

Yes! They JUST released tenderheart and funshine a couple weeks ago. Target seems to be the one selling them

And thank you! I love my care bear collection :)

Offline Shy Violet

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 12, 2019, 10:29:19 PM »

Yes! They JUST released tenderheart and funshine a couple weeks ago. Target seems to be the one selling them

What?!!!!! I can't believe it, I was just in the States on the weekend and didn't make it to Target. Ugh, I hope we get them here.

And you collection is gorgeous!

Offline Rychu

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 13, 2019, 04:21:24 AM »

What?!!!!! I can't believe it, I was just in the States on the weekend and didn't make it to Target. Ugh, I hope we get them here.

And you collection is gorgeous!

Thank you :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal