collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ebay refund help/question Non pony New Question  (Read 477 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Ebay refund help/question Non pony New Question
« on: August 19, 2015, 01:22:18 PM »
Hi,

I did a Buy It Now this morning and about an hour later I got a refund from the seller saying they no longer had the item. I really think this person made an honest mistake because they sent a note apologizing for  the mistake and offering me a discount on a future purchase. Here's the part I need help with. Paypal says there's a temporary hold on my refund because I used my bank account.  Does this mean the money will be returned to my bank account? The other two times I got refunds they went in to my Paypal balance. Can someone explain this to me? 

Update: I know have an item showing as unpaid in my Ebay with a note that the seller cancelled the order. Will this count as an unpaid item strike?

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 10:02:44 AM by Ponyfan »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay refund help/question Non pony
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 01:50:39 PM »
Moving money from a bank to PayPal is not an immediate process. It takes 3-4 business days (that's in the U.S. - it actually takes longer in most other countries.) What makes an Instant Transfer payment "instant" is that PayPal is actually paying the seller on your behalf while waiting for reimbursement from your bank. When the seller refunds the payment, it's the "up front" money that's being refunded. Until the original money from your bank finishes clearing, it is still in transit and is not available for use.

The money will be returned to your Paypal account though, so no need to worry. It is then you can decide whether you add it back to your bank or leave it where it is for a future purchase.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay refund help/question Non pony
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 06:55:46 PM »
Thanks, ponylady.    :)

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal