collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?  (Read 65695 times)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?
« Reply #555 on: January 02, 2023, 12:21:59 AM »
I saw about Aster xxx Poor cat scared of fireworks xxx Glad your yarn came BC!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Went out for a wee bit to watch the fireworks. Was crowded. Fireworks were great, weather less so. Between crowds who don't realise people live where they think they can stop for a blether, half a ton of people rushing off when the fireworks ended, & intermittent showers, I got wet!!! And due to the crowds it was harder for me to get back home.
Apart from that, just more knitting. And more knitting!!! And finally starting to assign clothes to Ponies!!! Five Mountain Boys, two HQG1Cs, one G3 Boy, Winterberry, & two Winter G3s all have outfits on, with three more Winter Ponies waiting for me to finish theirs.
On that note, I have only seven sets of press studs left, & far more than seven jumpers still to finish or even start!!! Will deffo need to order more, because I'm loving how the Ponies look in their jumpers.
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #556 on: January 02, 2023, 05:18:25 AM »
You gotta post pics of all the ponies wearing clothes!

Yesterday turned out to be a great day :D I used my amazing gift from a friend, it was a special slot in a game I play, and in the same game, one of my ponies got a special award for the week! :cheer:

My chains came too, so now I have everything I ordered. Just in time to order more stuff :lol: I further organized my arts and crafts. Everything is within reach of my table. I still want to put up another shelf.

Today I'll be making miniatures. I think I'll start with some wood grain dishes and utensils. I also want to airbrush some ponies, but it's awfully humid, so I might do that another day.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: January 02, 2023, 04:00:17 PM »
Happy New Year! :heart:

The following text would also fit in the complaint thread.. But I'll write it here.

My brother is still sick. Luckily, he's been off work and he's resting at home. Especially because of his heart, he has to take it easy now! Now his spouse is getting sick too. My mother still has a cough, but otherwise she is doing better. It seems that everyone around us has caught some kind of flu. :( Myself and my spouse are still healthy, it's a miracle!  :wow:

On New Year's Eve, we were at home and watched a movie. I went alone to watch the fireworks outside at midnight, because it wasn't raining at that time. Fortunately, the neighbors had much less rockets this year than last year, but yes, they also made too much noise. I liked watching them sparkle and flash, but the sounds made me anxious. I even started to cry because I heard a bird in a nearby tree start chirping in distress! :cry:

I went to the doctor on Monday and got the results of the blood test. The hypothyroidism has continued to worsen, so I got stronger medication for it. :cloud: The next time I will go for blood tests and see a doctor already in March. This time I had a different doctor and that was a good thing! He is much more competent, listens and takes me seriously. I felt really good after visiting him, even though the results of the blood tests were not so good. I was able to clear up other things and my concerns better with him. :)
:zzz:

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: January 03, 2023, 05:26:58 AM »
Glad you got a good doc HOM!!
Glad things are arriving & you got to use your prezzie BC!!!

Started on piccies. Still more to go though... More knitting meanwhile, & this time something not Pony, because Snuggles needs some cold weather clothes!!! Starting on a winter hat. He suits royal blue, like me, so using that colour. Will keep me going until Velvet Bow & Toboggan's colours arrive. I ordered more press studs too, so they also need time to arrive.
Have patience: the fashion show is coming...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #559 on: January 03, 2023, 05:35:19 AM »
I'm glad you found a good doctor, HoM. Sorry the thyroid is acting up, but the medicine should help. I need to have mine checked too.

PBW, is Snuggles your seal? :)

Today I want to work on ponies. I was sculpting on one earlier in the night but didn't like it so I tore it all off. I'm still wanting to airbrush but it's still humid, not as bad as the other day though. I did get some miniature leaf molds made. Romaine lettuce leaf, cabbage leaf and iceberg. I never got to the wooden dishes because I misplaced the arm for my pasta machine. I did end up finding it but I was doing ponies by then.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: January 05, 2023, 03:57:37 PM »
Snuggles is the seal yep. I made him a hat!!! Took more pics & doing more Pony stuff with what I have until new yarn & press studs arrive. I need Velvet Bow's purple... I Still have Mistletoe & Candy Cane to do but they're easy. Candy Stick too. There's a reason the Festive Cottage Ponies are waiting for their jumpers: I can get at them without traipsing down to the bedroom.
Been hard to keep routines otherwise, or even make routines. My sleep schedule is the running joke of my fave server!!! Leggie mostly ok, save swollen foot. Hard to put shoes on, but it needs time.

I saw your doc problems BC, including long wait, short visit, & creepy fellow. At least you got some stuff done xxx

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #561 on: January 06, 2023, 06:35:06 AM »
I hope your stuff arrives soon! Sorry you're not sleeping well.

Today is not as humid, also the temp dropped again, so I can finally airbrush those ponies. I also got inspired for a needle felting project! Other than that I don't have any plans. I slept in this morning. Usually Aster gets me up around 7 but she waited until 8. The bed is a disaster again. The bottom left corner came off, both the sheet and the mattress pad. I think I mentioned I use straps on the top corners to hold things down. I should put some on that bottom corner too.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #562 on: January 06, 2023, 09:55:10 AM »
i'm having trouble sleeping too. my dog woke me up several times and every time i fell back asleep she started making noise. now i'm sleepy.

other than work i need to do some cleaning. planning to get Thai food for dinner and relax tonight. i also need to exercise. i'm trying to walk on the treadmill and lift some weights every day.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: January 06, 2023, 05:17:07 PM »
Glad you're making progress BC!!!
Beth sorry about your sleep!!!

I put some photos up of capes & jumpers in my craft thread. I still have more to take, & more to work on, but I'm getting there. Started assigning the G3 Boys capes & stuff. Still going through the colours knitting them. Also making Snuggles a waistcoat, but that's a bigger project.
Otherwise just quiet. Found I hadn't eaten my gingerbread sharkies, so I'm currently having them with hot chocolate.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #564 on: January 07, 2023, 07:27:12 AM »
I got the airbrushing done, sort of. I was having a lot of problems getting it to work. It's been sitting for a while, but I always clean it before I put it away. Even so, the tip and needle were stuck so I had to soak it in hot water. Then the first pony I did, too much paint was coming out and it was splattering everywhere. I forgot how to mix for the right consistency for non-airbrush paint. I got it right on the second pony though and he came out just fine. I'll have to try the first pony again in a different color.

I think I can finish my 4 year old WIP pony today. He needs hair, eyes and embellishments.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #565 on: January 07, 2023, 08:05:15 AM »
today we're taking the car in for maintenance. that will probably take most of the day but other than that i'm just planning on doing some cleaning and organizing. i need to put the christmas tree away. i already put all of the other decorations away and the tree looks sad without it's decorations. i need to get some indoor twinkle lights. they really brighten the place up when it's cold and dreary outside.

i'm also trying to find some new clothes for my husband since he refuses to pick out clothes himself. he wears stuff until it's literally falling apart and i can't look at it anymore!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2023, 10:54:46 AM by Beth3346 »
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: January 09, 2023, 09:26:14 AM »
I'm going to hafta go pick up my cd at Barnes n Noble. I don't wanna, because it's cold, rainy, and blustery.  :cloud: :cold: But by the time the next nice day rolls around, they won't hold it anymore.

"Get good exercise and save money on shipping," I said.   :hmm:  :really: Bah!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: January 09, 2023, 01:44:12 PM »
BC, you win some, you lose some, when it comes to crafting xxx
Beth, I hope your car gets fixed well & properly xxx
LAW dress for the weather & you'll be fine!!! Make yourself a nice4 hot drink when you get home too xxx

As for me, the reason I didn't post yesterday was due to doing experiments: how to taper knitting so it looks right in hats. It WORKED!!! So I tried the same thing with a bigger project: a skirt. Like the jumpers, skirts will need a press stud sewn in. I had a go at a G3-sized yellow one, which seems generous enough to also fit a G1!!! Now just to make a jumper to go with it, & have fn making more skirts in colours Rosie doesn't sell... I also have to make a few more jumpers, but getting there!!!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: January 09, 2023, 03:14:48 PM »
BC, you win some, you lose some, when it comes to crafting xxx
Beth, I hope your car gets fixed well & properly xxx
LAW dress for the weather & you'll be fine!!! Make yourself a nice4 hot drink when you get home too xxx

As for me, the reason I didn't post yesterday was due to doing experiments: how to taper knitting so it looks right in hats. It WORKED!!! So I tried the same thing with a bigger project: a skirt. Like the jumpers, skirts will need a press stud sewn in. I had a go at a G3-sized yellow one, which seems generous enough to also fit a G1!!! Now just to make a jumper to go with it, & have fn making more skirts in colours Rosie doesn't sell... I also have to make a few more jumpers, but getting there!!!

Just got home. Can't wait to see your work PBW.  :happy:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #569 on: January 10, 2023, 05:03:46 AM »
Today I can finish my custom that was sitting for four years :) I need to finish prepping my styling size bait so I can make it into a Raincurl. Might try to re airbrush that one custom today. I also started a mandala pony on a G1 Applejack I dyed bright orange. All but the one that needs the AB are keepers though. I need to make more ponies to sell. I have to make a basket and Easter eggs too.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal