collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Advice? Item damage due to poor packing-Non Pony-Solved  (Read 2010 times)

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Advice? Item damage due to poor packing-Non Pony
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2016, 07:31:11 AM »
Hang in there Tula. I think what you did was right.

I looked at Etsy's policies and there is a statement you can't open a not as described case if item is received damaged. (I feel like this is an exception... Because what the heck).

If they don't respond PayPal will just refund you. (Maybe without a return).This is what buyer protection is for.... Bad sellers.

Yea, mine falls into both categories.   It had damage that was not mentioned,  but it was  also damaged due to being shipped in a baggie.  Thanks for your thoughts.  We will see what happens.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2016, 01:19:07 PM »
did things work out well for you, Tula? I hope so...

I just wanted to add that, as far as I know, it is possible on Etsy to attach a picture to your feedback. in case you haven't yet left feedback for the seller I'd definitely advise you to attach a picture that shows both the poor packaging and the damaged item. with their star system, a 1-star feedback does not stand out as much as a red-marked negative does on eBay, so the picture would not only add further information to the feedback's text, but it would also be esaily noticeable, and would thus warn other buyers-to-be to be cautious with the seller.

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2016, 12:19:57 PM »
did things work out well for you, Tula? I hope so...

I just wanted to add that, as far as I know, it is possible on Etsy to attach a picture to your feedback. in case you haven't yet left feedback for the seller I'd definitely advise you to attach a picture that shows both the poor packaging and the damaged item. with their star system, a 1-star feedback does not stand out as much as a red-marked negative does on eBay, so the picture would not only add further information to the feedback's text, but it would also be esaily noticeable, and would thus warn other buyers-to-be to be cautious with the seller.

It was very odd.  The seller never responded to the case at all.  Paypal said that the lack of cooperation and response lead them to close the case in my favor and the seller forfeited their item and money.  Now why would someone do that?  Its just so so odd.  I was ready to return it even thought it would have cost me half my refund.  Paypal told me not to return it because, the seller did not respond to the case in order to get me a verified address which is Paypal's policy. If a seller doesn't cooperate they forfeit their seller protection.  I really don't understand why my small partial refund wasn't considered rather than a complete loss for the seller.  At least with the partial they would have not lost the item and the money.  I will never understand how this ended.  All in all though the seller asked me to return the item during the week I had surgery and dad has his cancer surgery.  They were not willing to give me any time and they were not even going to give me my whole refund.  I had to call paypal.  I had my surgery, find out my aunt is passing away, lose a friend to cancer all in the same week.  :cry: I check in with paypal and this seller did nothing.  I am so upset right now, this just shocking they handled it so poorly.  I have a lot to do to prepare for funerals and stuff so, just thought I would answer your question at least.  I don't really feel like messing with it anymore.  I guess they didn't believe me when I told them I had surgery and my dad had cancer surgery and it was not possible for me to return the item in that 4 day window.  All I could do was get paypal involved.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 12:23:46 PM by tulagirl »

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2016, 06:00:11 AM »
It was very odd.  The seller never responded to the case at all.  Paypal said that the lack of cooperation and response lead them to close the case in my favor and the seller forfeited their item and money.  Now why would someone do that?  Its just so so odd.  I was ready to return it even thought it would have cost me half my refund.  Paypal told me not to return it because, the seller did not respond to the case in order to get me a verified address which is Paypal's policy. If a seller doesn't cooperate they forfeit their seller protection.  I really don't understand why my small partial refund wasn't considered rather than a complete loss for the seller.  At least with the partial they would have not lost the item and the money.  I will never understand how this ended.  All in all though the seller asked me to return the item during the week I had surgery and dad has his cancer surgery.  They were not willing to give me any time and they were not even going to give me my whole refund.  I had to call paypal.  I had my surgery, find out my aunt is passing away, lose a friend to cancer all in the same week.  :cry: I check in with paypal and this seller did nothing.  I am so upset right now, this just shocking they handled it so poorly.  I have a lot to do to prepare for funerals and stuff so, just thought I would answer your question at least.  I don't really feel like messing with it anymore.  I guess they didn't believe me when I told them I had surgery and my dad had cancer surgery and it was not possible for me to return the item in that 4 day window.  All I could do was get paypal involved.
thank you very much for the update Tula, and sorry my reply came so late, I did not log in recently so I didn't see yours.

I'm so sorry to hear you are going through such hard times! *sends hugs* but I'm happy to hear this case was closed for the better - you still don't have the item in proper condition, but at least you are not out of your money. it is indeed odd why the seller never responded to the case, but let that be their problem now. probably some presonal issues have come up also for them, but at least this way they might see now that there are times when you can't just decide and act send stuff back in 4 days.
please, please do not feel bad for having had to get involved with PayPal. that was the right thing to do IMO, since the seller was not really willing to cooperate, and gave you deadlines that were totally not respecting you as an equal partner. yes, they might have not believed the situation you are in (I unfortunately wouldn't be surprised, knowing how much of a habit of bad buyers this has become), but I still believe they, as a seller, should have had more respect towards you, as the buyer, and treat you equally. especially because it was them who created this whole mess for themselves in the first place, by not packing the suitcase up properly. you really should not feel sorry or guilty about this situation at all :hug:

I hope things around you will soon get better, and your physical and mental wounds will soon heal - and then someday another suitcase like this will find its way to you without getting damaged on the way :)

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2016, 09:25:10 AM »
HUGS Tula- you really should not feel bad about having to start a paypal dispute. Just put it out of your mind.  They probably paid $1 for the suitcase anyway at the thrift store. Maybe next time they will actually take a second to package their items carefully.

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2016, 09:03:02 AM »
Thanks Loona and Galactica.  I appreciate your thoughts.  Ha you are probably right about the thrift store. That is where I have found most of my character children's luggage just never this particular one I longed to have.

So this is solved.  Thanks everyone.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Advice? Item damage due to poor packing-Non Pony-Solved
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2016, 01:42:58 PM »
I am sorry you are going through such a rough time tulagirl. :(  Feel free to send me a message or text if things get too hard or you need a friend to talk to!
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2016, 05:16:27 AM »
 :lovey:
Thanks Dazzle, you are such a thoughtful and caring pony buddy!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2016, 06:49:03 AM »
wow tula you've been through some difficult times  :sad: . I'm so glad that at least this one is solved and you're not out of pocket- plus you get to keep the item due to the sellers own stupidity.
I hope RL starts to get better for you soon too *much hugs*  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2016, 09:37:19 AM »
wow tula you've been through some difficult times  :sad: . I'm so glad that at least this one is solved and you're not out of pocket- plus you get to keep the item due to the sellers own stupidity.
I hope RL starts to get better for you soon too *much hugs*  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Thank you Ringlets, its been so hard but good times will come again.  Hugs to you too as I know you have having the RL blues as well.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal