collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MOC G1 arrived damaged  (Read 1598 times)

Offline Navi

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: MOC G1 arrived damaged
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2013, 07:10:03 AM »
Common sense isn't necessarily so common.  I also learned the hard way to specifically request STURDY boxes with padding when I buy a MOC/MIB item.  People will ship in flimsy things like cereal boxes too; of course those don't offer any protection.

Shipping in cereal boxes?! Seriously? I've shipped loose g4 ponies in a bubble mailer before, so maybe I shouldn't be talking, but a cereal box is so flimsy.. It's hardly better than toilet paper.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :heart: Minty! :heart:

Seeking Petite Ponies (trade/wish list)
Formerly known as navichan.

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2013, 07:12:52 AM »
I shipped a plush toy in a cat food box once. I stuck it into a plastic bag, then reinforced the box with tape. It held fine. I've seen people ship things in cereal boxes before, and if I were to do it, I'd reinforce it with cardboard on the inside. A pony is a different story though! 
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline svleonard

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2013, 08:32:28 AM »
Can you share with us who this seller is?  That's terrible they destroyed a valuable item by being so careless!  There aren't more being produced, how could they?  ARGH!

The seller's ebay ID is specialsomethinginc.  I returned the item today, and I'm asking her to reimburse my shipping costs as well.  I'm already upset and disappointed, and I don't think I should have to pay for her mistake as well!

Post Merge: August 29, 2013, 09:41:28 AM

Got my money back and the shipping reimbursement as well!  I'm still annoyed but I'll be leaving her good feedback for her cooperation. 
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 09:41:28 AM by svleonard »

Offline Buffy

• Trade Count: (+192)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Buffys Paradise
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2013, 09:58:58 AM »
So sorry to hear about the broken MOC, but glad to hear you get your money back.

Reminds me at the seller, who shipped a pony mug in an envelope....

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2013, 11:19:24 AM »
Can you share with us who this seller is?  That's terrible they destroyed a valuable item by being so careless!  There aren't more being produced, how could they?  ARGH!

The seller's ebay ID is specialsomethinginc.  I returned the item today, and I'm asking her to reimburse my shipping costs as well.  I'm already upset and disappointed, and I don't think I should have to pay for her mistake as well!

Got my money back and the shipping reimbursement as well!  I'm still annoyed but I'll be leaving her good feedback for her cooperation. 

Thanks for the ID!  :(
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline blondee1982

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2013, 11:33:47 AM »
Oh no :( I would have been mortified! I mean if you buy something in perfect shape you expect it to arrive that way and nothing less! I would return the pony as well and you should absolutely not have to pay the return shipping. I just had a similar thing happen when I paid a small fortune for a very rare Pj Sparkles Glowee doll MIB, they shipped the boxed doll in a huge bubble envelope....the doll's box is not a very sturdy one and it arrived crushed :( I was so heart broken because you rarely see this doll period let alone with the box in perfect shape. Then when I emailed the seller they were just like sorry but I said the doll was mint, not the box!!! I was floored at the rudeness, but obviously they don't care or they would have shipped her in a box in the first place :( Keep your chin up though, I have seen that pony MOC at least 3 times on ebay in the last 6 mo so you will find her again I am sure, just a bummer that you even had to deal with this in the first place. Moc's should ALWAYS be shipped in an appropriate sized box, I even ship loose ponies worth $30 or higher in a box just to be safe.

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2013, 06:10:38 AM »

Shipping in cereal boxes?! Seriously? I've shipped loose g4 ponies in a bubble mailer before, so maybe I shouldn't be talking, but a cereal box is so flimsy.. It's hardly better than toilet paper.
[/quote]

Oh yeah, I've had it happen several times.  I mean, if you're going to be shipping something that's not breakable, like cloth, then that's different.  But yeah, you would think any seller with half an ounce of sense would know that MOC vintage collectibles should be shipped with more protection.  Not so, unfortunately.  People can be pretty clueless.
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2013, 06:19:45 AM »
When I bought lots of Argentina ponies last were shipped in candy boxes. Good thing they were restore projects since they all arrived in crushed boxes.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline blondee1982

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2013, 01:30:12 PM »
Oh no.....I am so sad to say that I now know exactly how you feel :( Just received my MOC G1 in the mail with a bent card and detached bubble :( She was mailed in a bubble envelope...ugh.... I am heart broken :(

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2013, 01:15:20 AM »
I just had  a Princess Luna FS  I got on ebay  for 12 dollars (8 dllrs on shipping and 4 on the pony ) I guess the seller lost money on this auction and to compensate  Lunas package got squished into a paper envelope  :(  , her box got  damaged and the plastic bent but it still annoyed me , I left a positive feedback with the comments on how I got the package and that I knew she just did not want to pay more on the shipping for a sale going so low . -_-
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2013, 02:15:07 AM »

I am happy to hear you were fully reimbursed. Hopefully she learned from her mistake  :huh:
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2013, 03:16:23 AM »
I'm very glad you got your money back :hug: 
Blondee, HoustonCollector and Maddie I'm so sorry  to hear you've all recently had similar bad experiences with poor packaging *sigh* :(

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal