collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MOC G1 arrived damaged  (Read 1597 times)

Offline svleonard

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
MOC G1 arrived damaged
« on: August 28, 2013, 03:25:03 PM »
I just spent $58 on a MOC G1 Sparkle Baby Northstar on ebay.  When it arrived, it was packaged in an envelope and was crammed into my mailbox!  The card is now noticeably creased, AND the bubble is starting to separate from the card!  I know it wasn't like that before, because the pictures clearly showed a virtually perfect card. 

I've already messaged the seller and asked for a refund.  I was really looking forward to this, and I am soooo disappointed  :cry: 

[moving over to Trader Support - SDS]
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 03:45:56 PM by SourdoughStomper »

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: MOC G1 arrived damaged
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 03:29:00 PM »
That is just plain rude .... I would have taken far far greater care in packing it. I am sorry you have to deal with this and hope you can get a refund.

Offline xTic_Tac_Toex

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 03:31:02 PM »
:O If I sold a pony that valuable, I'd definitely package it with more care!

Offline svleonard

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 03:44:03 PM »
That is just plain rude .... I would have taken far far greater care in packing it. I am sorry you have to deal with this and hope you can get a refund.

If I don't get a refund, I'm opening a case.  I'm really mad!  The card was perfect!  There was absolutely nothing wrong with it except a teensy bit of price tag.  Now, I look at it and all I see is that ugly crease :(

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 03:51:32 PM »
I have had the same thing happen to me before, so I definitely feel your pain! :hug: Best of luck working out a solution!

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 03:53:46 PM »
I am sorry your pony was ruined due to poor packaging. It's really a shame that sellers do not properly pack MOC items. It seems to me that would just be common sense.

I would contact your seller and see what solution they may have for you? Perhaps they will offer you a partial? Is that what you are seeking or do you want to return it for a full refund?
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 05:14:26 PM »
:( Why do people do that?! Their negligence only ends up hurting them, the seller, in the end.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2013, 05:49:10 PM »
I always wonder how the heck people can sell an expensive collectible toy mint on card, and then thing "nah, I don't need to package it in a way that maintains the item's value!" I've been careful even packaging blind bags to mail, but with a MIP item, I know my buyers want the box and the pony inside to arrive perfect.

Sorry your pony was packaged so poorly. I hope you get your refund!

Offline svleonard

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2013, 05:53:57 PM »
I heard back from her.  Apparently, she ships items this way all the time with no trouble!  :mad: Maybe people just don't want to complain.  Anyway, she's going to give me a refund, but I have to pay to ship it back to her. 

I know it might sound kind of silly, but I feel like a mint on card in really good condition is priceless.  The fact that it arrived damaged when it was shipped out basically perfect really bothers me.  After all, you can't exactly pick up a MOC G1 from the store anymore!  There aren't that many of them left, and to damage even one disturbs me as a collector.

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2013, 06:01:55 PM »
Doesn't sound silly to me at all. There is no endless supply of G1s; someday there will be no more to find, and that's terrifying. And it feels like that time gets closer and closer every time you see a G1 thrown out, or see their packaging ruined, or see them chopped up for parts. (At least in my case. v.v )

Glad you're getting a refund, but it sucks that you're paying for your dissatisfaction to send it back to her.

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2013, 06:19:48 PM »
Seconding and I could afford it, I'd buy her off you, because I like that pony and I wouldn't mind the damage card. I'm glad you're getting a refund!
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2013, 06:27:33 PM »
 :ack:  Oh no! That is my favorite pony of all time.  It's extremely sad to see her damaged so much just to save a few bucks on shipping.  *hugs you tight* I absolutely think you should return.  It will bother you to no end every time you see it.  Don't worry, you'll find her again.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2013, 02:38:31 AM »
Its awful when MOC's get damaged like this by a seller who cant be bothered to pack them correctly :(  There was a seller doing this with MOC/MIB G2's  on ebay not so long back too :sad: 
I think you made the right choice for you returning it for a refund :hug: It would only have bothered and upset you to see it damaged like that, rather than made you happy. Hopefully another buyer will give this pony a home soon and you'll ba able to find another without damage :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2013, 05:22:02 AM »
Common sense isn't necessarily so common.  I also learned the hard way to specifically request STURDY boxes with padding when I buy a MOC/MIB item.  People will ship in flimsy things like cereal boxes too; of course those don't offer any protection.
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2013, 06:59:15 AM »
Can you share with us who this seller is?  That's terrible they destroyed a valuable item by being so careless!  There aren't more being produced, how could they?  ARGH!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal