collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Its missing a tush tag?!  (Read 3067 times)

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Its missing a tush tag?!
« on: May 06, 2013, 10:59:16 AM »
UPDATED:  Sent seller this msg:

Dear toysetc207,Hi again, I see you are a re-seller of toys, so seller to seller you should of known to ask that question before purchasing the item.  The condition in the listing is as described, and I really dont' think the tush tag missing will effect the value of the item.  I am sorry you are unhappy with your purchase.- treigers

So I sold these stuffed animals on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281101403553?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2649

And the buyer received them and sent me this message:

Dear treigers,Hi there, items came today but I wouldn't of bought them knowing Angel Bunny tush seam tag was missing. Steven- toysetc207

So I sent this message back:

Dear toysetc207,I'm sorry but I honestly didn't notice. I've never thought to put that information in the listing for a stuffed animal, and I've never had a buyer inquire about that.  I just make sure they are very clean, which both stuffed animals were.  I now know that was important to you, but my listing was accurate on the cleaniless of the stuffed animals and it did state they were used.- treigers

What the heck is wrong with buyers?  You're upset because its missing a tush tag?!  I am getting so sick of stupid buyers on ebay.  Why didn't they ask before the did a best offer if it was that important?  This stupid buyer better not leave me negative feedback.

Post Merge: May 06, 2013, 11:05:36 AM

Just saw this - buyer has done this before!

fast payment, great buyer!

Seller:
Member id crosswindkennel ( Feedback Score Of 124)

Apr-10-13 09:45

NOT NEW, USED WITH HOLES IN OUTFIT & & 50 LOOSE YARN PIECES OF HAIR, F-

Buyer:
Member id toysetc207 ( Feedback Score Of 8241)

Apr-27-13 07:44

1984 Cabbage Patch Plush Head Sailor Boy (#221209732545)

US $36.00

View Item

Follow-up by crosswindkennel (Apr-26-13 10:34):
Buyer filed false case:Item came back exactly how described:UNHAPPY WITH BUYER!!

Reply by toysetc207 (Apr-27-13 07:42):
item was not new with holes in outfit and 50 yarn pieces loose on hair

-- (#221209732545)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 01:55:54 PM by apanda0622 »

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Its missing a tush tag?!
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 11:37:04 AM »
either a picky collector (in which he should ask questions) OR a reseller

but really, they are used plush.

Offline Whoa1234

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 11:50:33 AM »
Maybe next time you could use more than one photo of the item?
I could see how the buyer might be a little upset, not enough to open a claim, but enough to say something to you.
In the long run it might save you a lot of grief.

Offline NinaMarie

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+77)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • NinaMarieCrochet - Cute & Floral Crochet Accessories
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 11:55:12 AM »
They are a toy re-seller and so going to be very picky. I do not like their attitude. They have received 3 neutrals from buyers complaining of smoke smell on the toys and the sellers' response was rather snarky.
This person was looking to make a deal off you.

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 01:47:31 PM »
I'd probably be upset to. Its like buying a pony only to find the tail is missing, you kind of sorta expect the item to be whole.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline apanda0622

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 01:56:34 PM »
I'd probably be upset to. Its like buying a pony only to find the tail is missing, you kind of sorta expect the item to be whole.

Its not the same thing.  The tush tag just says manufacturer and year.  It has nothing to do with the condition of the item.

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2013, 02:11:18 PM »

Its not the same thing.  The tush tag just says manufacturer and year.  It has nothing to do with the condition of the item.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. Either way, to spare yourself future problems, I'd mention every flaw no matter how insignificant it might seem. :)

EDIT

I just wanted to add that the tush tag does affect the value of an item- take beanie babies as an example, any missing tags would cut the beanie value in half.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 02:17:08 PM by ClosetAvalanche »

Offline svleonard

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2013, 02:12:50 PM »
I do agree that the tag affects the value of the item, as a vintage collectible (even though it is just a tiny detail).  The tag would have the company and the copyright year on it, and it makes it easier to identify the toy.  In the future, a photo of the back would take care of that problem.  They would have been able to see whether it had a tag or not.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2013, 02:30:51 PM »
Unfortunately for vintage plush and dolls- a cut fabric tush tag is a pretty major flaw.  It's much worse than a faded tag- because something has been cut off.  It's like a haircut in my book.

I know I've bought something before only to find that it was perfect EXCEPT the tush tag cut off- and I was seriously disappointed. I remember wishing the seller had mentioned it- but I didn't ask for a refund or anything.

Even if the buyer is just a re-seller, it might be a good idea to offer a refund?  It looks like they might leave a negative feedback otherwise.

Offline apanda0622

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2013, 02:40:21 PM »
I'm sorry but I disagree and I know I'm right and the buyer is wrong. The item was listed as used and they did not ask.  I have sold hundreds of vintage stuufed animals and I have never had anyone complain about the absence of a tush tag. It really doesn't affect the value unless its like a steiff bear. And I really don't care if they leave me negative feedback and if they want a refund they will have to open a case.

EDIT: Sorry I got so upset but I'm just trying to make money because I don't have a job and I have health priblems to deal with. I just don't need this buyer who is just going to turn around and  make a profit anyways give me trouble.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 03:04:50 PM by apanda0622 »

Offline Sea_Breeze

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2013, 03:24:31 PM »
Personally unless it was obvious that there was a tag there to begin (ie it was cut) with I dont see that you did anything wrong Apanda. I'm a Care Bear collector so yes I do like the tag present but I wouldn't expect someone to know a tag existed at all if there was no evidence in the first place. Yes some Care Bears DON"T have tags at all. I can imagine some plushes don't either, but if it is going to sway a bidders bid then they should have asked imo.
Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears - anonymous

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2013, 03:39:56 PM »
I'm sure you didn't do it intentionally, but you should probably include info like a cut fabric tag in future auctions, since it does matter to those of us who collect plush, even if they are stupid 80s toys, and not Steiff.   

The poster above raises a good point- as you are not a collector, you might not know whether or not something has a fabric tag or not.  I guess the best way of making sure you've included all information is just to include a shot of their backsides.

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2013, 04:23:17 PM »
I'm sorry but I disagree and I know I'm right and the buyer is wrong. The item was listed as used and they did not ask.  I have sold hundreds of vintage stuufed animals and I have never had anyone complain about the absence of a tush tag. It really doesn't affect the value unless its like a steiff bear. And I really don't care if they leave me negative feedback and if they want a refund they will have to open a case.

EDIT: Sorry I got so upset but I'm just trying to make money because I don't have a job and I have health priblems to deal with. I just don't need this buyer who is just going to turn around and  make a profit anyways give me trouble.

I'm really sorry you feel that way. This additude won't get you far on Ebay :(

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2013, 06:11:14 PM »

At least you're being honest with your customer base!  :)  It's so frustrating when you *don't* know what's going through your sellers' head. 

However...  tags actually do make a difference in the value of a plush toy.  If it doesn't have a tag, then you need to research and find out if there ever was a tag or not before you "leave it up to the buyer" to ask.  That just sets you up for not-as-described cases, which most of the time, the buyer wins.  :( 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2013, 06:27:09 PM »
If I was a customer I'd probably be disappointed that information wasn't added.

I know we all have different ideas of what "great condition" is. But I do expect sellers to list flaws. Or at least, if they don't list flaws, state they are not a collector of an item and do not know what flaws to look for. That way I know I should ask. But I have a bit higher expectations for "great"... so... I would of assumed all parts of the animal would be intact.

Not that my opinion counts, but I'm just trying to give you a view as a buyer.

And to quote ebay, used item in this category means: "An item that has been used previously. See the seller's listing for full details and description of any imperfections."

And a missing tag would be an imperfection... in my humble opinion.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal