collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Need advise on etsy feedback  (Read 702 times)

Offline Cassie85

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
Need advise on etsy feedback
« on: September 20, 2012, 08:50:56 PM »
A little over a month ago I sold a mlp keychain in my etsy store. It was when I first posted the keychains for sale, and at the time I was charging $7.00. I received a rude message from some random person about 2 days later saying the price was a rip off and they could get a keychain for cheaper elsewhere. Aside from being peeved about the message, I did take it to heart and lowered my price a few days later to $5.00.
Anyways, I never heard from the customer who bought the keychain, so I figured they were happy with it.
I'm on etsy tonight, checking my store making sure it looks fine, and then checking my feedback because I hadn't done so in a while. Turns out the person who had bought the keychain left me neutral feedback. They said the keychain was great, but I lowered the price on the keychains a week later and didn't issue them a refund.
This just annoys me. How hard is it to type a message to me stating your concern and asking if you can have a $2.00 refund?! I would have gladly done so. Actually I did issue the $2.00 after reading that, and stated that the reason it hadn't been issued before was because they hadn't gotten in touch with me.
Now I don't think I have left them feedback yet. I don't want to leave them neutral feedback just to be spiteful, that isn't how I run my shop. But I also don't want to leave them positive feedback, because they never got in touch with me about their concern.
What should I do?
3ds 4613-8386-9357
AC Town Galifrey

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
Re: Need advise on etsy feedback
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 09:32:05 PM »
That seems ridiculous to me. At the time they bought it, they AGREED to the $7 price, or they wouldn't have bought it. If the price changed later, that's just too darn bad. I've had issues with this at work where our programing prices change or we have a special offer, and people call and say "Well, 2 weeks ago I bought this, but now it's on sale, so can I get the sale price now and get a refund?" No! That's absurd.

Rather than leave feedback at all I'd get in touch with etsy about getting the feedback changed or removed - you were under no obligation to refund them, and you did nothing wrong in your transaction to deserve anything less than positive feedback. They agreed to the price when they chose to buy the item, you sent them the item, they received the item and it was as listed and they were happy with it. That should be the end of it.

Offline Cassie85

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 09:42:05 PM »
Thats really good advise. I'm now kind of regretting issueing the $2.00 back to them.
I've bought items before that went on sale a few days later, and I never asked for a refund:/
Thanks!
3ds 4613-8386-9357
AC Town Galifrey

Offline lolaandbean

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 06:19:20 AM »
I don't know why she expected a refund. If you had raised your prices would you have expected her to pay you $2 more? The only thing I could think of would be positive feedback with something like "poor communication."

Offline Cassie85

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 02:49:50 PM »
It's people like this that makes me want to close up shop and not deal with it anymore.
Heard back from her. Very rude message. Still says that it's "good business practice" to give someone a partial refund and not make themgo chasing after you. Umm, not sure which stores thy have dealt with, but store that do offer to give you the difference, guess what, you have to actually go in and ask! Their not going to email/call you to offerthe difference.
3ds 4613-8386-9357
AC Town Galifrey

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2012, 04:22:18 PM »
Good grief are you serious?  They really think they deserve that.  Thats just not realistic.  Narcissistic maybe, not not realistic.  I am sorry.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2012, 04:38:30 PM »
wow... yeah because, ya know, two months ago I bought a shirt at target. And then last week that shirt went on clearance. So Target totally called me and offered to refund me the amount I paid over the clearance price. That's TOTALLY how that works.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2012, 07:10:06 PM »
wow... yeah because, ya know, two months ago I bought a shirt at target. And then last week that shirt went on clearance. So Target totally called me and offered to refund me the amount I paid over the clearance price. That's TOTALLY how that works.
:lmao:  Its just amazing to me the kind of people we have in this world.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Cassie85

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2012, 09:59:01 PM »

Lol, right!
3ds 4613-8386-9357
AC Town Galifrey

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal