collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 631
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Glitches with Ebay Phone Apps?  (Read 1009 times)

Offline Mismatch

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
Glitches with Ebay Phone Apps?
« on: May 03, 2012, 11:54:21 AM »
Hey guys,

Recently a buyer mentioned that there were some discrepiancies between the information provided by the computer and that provide by an Ebay phone app.  Specificially, my Ebay ad says that I ship internationally and that shipping must be calculated, but the phone app says that I don't ship to the States and that shipping is free  :blink:   Fortunately I mentioned shipping in the ad, so the buyer was already informed that shipping was calculated. 
Has anyone else encountered these kind of discrepiancies?  I don't personally own a phone that's advanced enough to check this for myself.  I'm fairly certain that the problem is with the technology rather than with me, but to be on the safe side, is there any way to correct these problems?  Thanks!

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Glitches with Ebay Phone Apps?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 04:49:22 PM »
Weird! I can't say I've noticed if this is happening with my auctions or not. Are you starting the auctions from a computer?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 05:28:40 PM »
I am of no help  :(

I actually turn the App. off on my phone because what is the point of having a smart phone if I can not see the real website.

I'm sorry  :huh:   Hope fully someone can come along and help you out.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 06:14:56 PM »
I've noticed weird glitches between mobile EBay in a browser and the classic site on a smartphone too.
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 06:35:33 PM »
that sounds odd :crazy:  its a good thing you mentioned the shipping in your ebay ad or you could have had some problems with buyers thinking they were going to get the shipping for free.
I have heard of discrepencies before, but unfortunately I am not much help in this area either since I dont own a smart phone/use apps   :blush:  I'm sure someone else will know something. In the meantime, maybe you could add a note about the problem in your listing, just to clarify to potential buyers that you are actually charging shipping, but it may not be showing if they are using the app, so ask if they would contact you about shipping costs before bidding/buying  :awake:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Mismatch

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 08:21:49 PM »
Weird! I can't say I've noticed if this is happening with my auctions or not. Are you starting the auctions from a computer?

Yeah, I'm starting them from my PC.  Shrugs.  I wish I knew why that happened.

I'm sure someone else will know something. In the meantime, maybe you could add a note about the problem in your listing, just to clarify to potential buyers that you are actually charging shipping, but it may not be showing if they are using the app, so ask if they would contact you about shipping costs before bidding/buying  :awake:

Sounds like good advice, Ringlets!  Fortunately I already had notes in my shipping, but I'm definitely going to add something in the listing for any of my future sales.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 08:56:00 PM »
when I look at auctions on my ebay app, if the postage is set up as calculated it just says something like "location dependent" or "varies by location" or something. It certainly does not say anything about being free.

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2012, 03:48:58 PM »
I've noticed minor differences in calculated shipping prices between my phone app & the listings on the computer, but I've never seen one substitute "free" for a price. I do a lot of eBay browsing via the phone app while on break at work, or generally out & about, but I find that the computer is really necessary for serious eBay stuff. The other week I thought I revised several fixed price items to accept Best Offers via my phone app, but later when I checked on the computer not a single one had updated. I don't really know what to say about your situation, aside from the fact that it's clearly not your fault, but the eBay app's fail.

Offline mshesha

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • G1 convert
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2012, 06:00:14 PM »
I haven't found the discrepancy, but what I know is that some shipping methods are not supported by the eBay app (i.e. calculated shipping) and that revising or relisting from your phone would mess up the listing (luckily the app prompts you). The app is probably better when free shipping or flat rates are offered, IMO.

Offline LittleHoneyPie

• Trade Count: (+79)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Only love is real!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2012, 04:41:37 AM »
One time I was looking at a pony lot at home and it said shipping was around $8. There was a chance the ponies would be in terrible shape (There weren't many pictures) so I was unsure whether I wanted to bid. We left the house and I decided to bid from my ebay app. Right after I bid and won the auction I saw that on my app it said shipping was $15! I thought the seller had changed the shipping somehow at the last minute when the bid price wasn't going up! But when I got home it still said only $8 for shipping. So it got me all upset for nothing! I have no idea why that happened but the app definitely confused me.

Offline skyrocketneko

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Sometimes I like to play with lizards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2012, 08:46:03 AM »
Make sure you update the app, my iPad just updated to a new version of Ebay that's so much different now.

CLICK ON CELESTIA FOR TONS OF SALES!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal