collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ebay - sending to a different address than the one listed  (Read 1078 times)

Offline Prismatic

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+55)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Ebay - sending to a different address than the one listed
« on: May 06, 2012, 09:47:26 PM »
I received a message from a buyer, who asked if I could ship to a different address than the one ebay is giving me.  I'm reluctant to, since the buyer has 0 feedback and lives in another country.  I've already responded saying I'd prefer to ship to the address given to me.  If they change their address after the purchase, does it update in either the ebay order details, or the paypal transaction info?  Ebay tells me that if I ship to a different address that I may lose my seller protection, which is what bothers me most.  Is there anything I can do?

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay - sending to a different address than the one listed
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 03:15:33 AM »
Personally I would not.  Ebay will not cover you in the event if something happens.  She can change this herself though.
Not many buyers know this but you can also add gift addresses to your Ebay account. On one of the first pages of Ebay checkout is to Review your Shipping Address and directly under your address are the words Change Shipping Address. She can click that and then Add New or Select or Edit an existing one.  I would copy and paste that and send it to her and have her do it herself.

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Moondancer115

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 03:24:54 AM »
Personally I would not.  Ebay will not cover you in the event if something happens.  She can change this herself though.
Not many buyers know this but you can also add gift addresses to your Ebay account. On one of the first pages of Ebay checkout is to Review your Shipping Address and directly under your address are the words Change Shipping Address. She can click that and then Add New or Select or Edit an existing one.  I would copy and paste that and send it to her and have her do it herself.

I second this!
Hope it will work out for you  ^.^

hikari_amaya

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 03:33:04 AM »
I've done this before once, but the pony was going to another member for a custom theyre making for me and everything went well :) I changed the address and put in hers, so she got the pony directly :) I still buy from the seller too *hugsponyladyhugs*

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 03:42:55 AM »
My boyfriend will often buy me things using his eBay account, having it sent directly to my address instead of his. So, I can see why this person might be asking to have it sent elsewhere. However, the zero feedback part worries me...

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 03:45:50 AM »
I've done this before once, but the pony was going to another member for a custom theyre making for me and everything went well :) I changed the address and put in hers, so she got the pony directly :) I still buy from the seller too *hugsponyladyhugs*
lol..I should of stated I make exceptions for members.  But yeah the "0" feedback is what is the most worrisome.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 06:41:25 AM »
Sounds like you've got some great advice!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2012, 12:28:00 PM »
I always use the one given by PayPal - but it's pretty easy for them to add an address here if they want to. :)

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2012, 06:27:31 PM »

I think this is good advice from Ponylady ^^ :)
Zero feedback people on ebay make me nervous these days , but hopefully all will go well for you

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Prismatic

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+55)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2012, 09:09:54 PM »
Well they haven't responded either way, so I'll be printing their shipping label tonight with whatever address ebay has.  Thank you for the replies :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal