collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

How do you keep count of your herd?

I know the exact number of ponies in my herd
57 (15.1%)
I know the exact number of individuals but don't count duplicates
20 (5.3%)
I know the exact number of individuals and exact number of duplicates
19 (5%)
I don't really keep track, tbh.
99 (26.3%)
I used to keep track but I have so many I gave up!
91 (24.1%)
I count them every so often but don't keep a running tally
82 (21.8%)
Something else I will describe in the comments!
9 (2.4%)

Total Members Voted: 316

Author Topic: How do you keep count of your herd?  (Read 8373 times)

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+522)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: How do you keep count of your herd?
« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2016, 04:16:38 PM »
I wish I had kept better track, but I save every variant too..... even the slightest fade differences in CC- can you imagine how many CC & Adult Blossoms I have? I don't even like the CP ponies, but I love baby ponies, so I NEEED their mommies too!

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2016, 05:14:23 AM »
I've been collecting less than a year and at some point I tried to count them but I couldn't even get an accurate count within one box...I have them all standing up in very shallow boxes but they are all just in there and I think they must be sneaking around while I am trying to count them or something.   At the time I estimated I was a little under 100 G1s...possibly 50 or 75 g3s and g4s combined...now I have at least 150 g1s and at least 100 g4s and g3s and a handful of G2s too.

The only way I'm going to be able to count them is to take them out of their boxes and count them back in because like I said they are moving around in there I'm sure of it.

Princess Lala

« Reply #77 on: September 01, 2016, 01:02:01 PM »
Ooooo this reminds me, is there a good website that we can post pictures of our collection based on categories (blind bag, Fashion style, playful pony and weird catagories like cosmetics, books, stickers, etc.) and the pictures are displayed as thumbails? Ive always wanted to take a picture of literally everything in my collection one-by-one and post it somewhere! I think it would be easy for me to keep track of my collection that way!

I wonder if its easy to create one like on LiveJournal or here on a brag thread? 

Offline Epona

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 04, 2016, 06:49:48 PM »
I use the summer hayes G1 guide to keep track of who I have/don't have. I make notes in it of where/who  I got it from, doubles, varients.  I also have a note book with a list of G1 haves, G1 needs, G4 haves G4 needs. I don't keep track of my G3s and only have 5 G2s.
I have the blind bag collectors guide to keep track of the first waves of blind bags I have.

I want to get the Summer Hayes guides for G3 and G4.

I know that there are some boxes of ponies packed away somewhere I cant remember.

I have no idea of the total number.

Edit: went searching for some doubles for a possible trade and found some ponies that aren't in my inventory   >_< Now I`m going to have to re-do my entire inventory cause I hate buying something I already have  :pout:

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 06, 2016, 08:15:48 AM »
My collection is still rather small, although I never remember how many ponies I've got. All I can remember is what I have and what I don't.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

S.o.a.r.

« Reply #80 on: September 07, 2016, 10:21:55 PM »
So, I went ahead and did an old-fashioned inventory of ALL my ponies yesterday which only took about 3 hours. Not only did I forget some of the ponies I do have, I talked myself into owning ponies I apparently haven't purchased yet. :blush:

I came to the realization about two weeks ago that I needed to do a proper inventory because I nearly bid home a Baby Heart Throb (NBBE), Baby Tic-Tac-Toe (First Tooth) and Baby North Star (First Tooth) when I had them already. Now I have three hand-written papers listing all my ponies; babies, adults, wing ponies and baby sea ponies. And therefore can keep track of which ponies I need and which I don't. ^.^

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2016, 10:34:46 PM »
My herd is small enough that I know who I have and don't really bother to keep track. Though they are kind of scattered about so counting them is harder than it should be.

Offline Kazzellin

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 08, 2016, 09:08:37 AM »
I use an app I bought called List Master. Best $7.99 I've ever spent on an app! I have a folder for MLP, sub-folders for each year, and then another row of sub-folders for the type (i.e., G1 -> Year 6 -> Big Brothers). The folders can also include accessories in them, as whatever is in a folder is what I put in there. So, in the big brothers folder mentioned above, I have:
o Chief
o red fire hat
o yellow bandana
o Wigwam
o yellow feathered headdress
o blue bandana
o Barnacle
o navy blue pirates hat
o gold bandana
I don't have their combs listed by each pony yet, but I can add the items in at the bottom of I want to, or if I decide to have the hats under a folder just for hats, I can remove the items from the list. :happy:

Granted, I also use the app to keep track of the games I own (as I'm prone to forgetting if I already have something), among other things (like games I want ;) ), so it was an even better buy for me.

ETA: Of course, the app only goes so far - I haven't had time to go through my collection lately, so I don't have everything as tracked as I would like. :blush:
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 09:11:18 AM by Kazzellin »
My creativity keeps running into a lack of time and resources.  :cry:
I'm also available via twitter at @Kazzellin :)

So many projects!! What do I want to work on? :awake:

Offline Mainsail

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 09, 2016, 09:05:08 PM »
Oh man, I remember the days where I would count them, but now I realize how much work it can be to keep track, so I haven't in a while!

I may do a recount one of these days, but I am trying to sell off some of my collection, so who knows! ^^;
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My MLP Tumblr

Offline h1m3.

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 10, 2016, 04:47:28 AM »
I have my ponies counted on Excel sheet by name and price that I bought them :P I try to keep organized so I would not buy doubles

Offline Star_Warrior

• Trade Count: (+195)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • The White Horse
    • View Profile
    • Night Hawk
« Reply #85 on: September 13, 2016, 03:22:47 PM »
I have so many (1,000 +) that I keep an inventory in the computer. This way I can also see what accessories I have for every pony, what I need, etc. 

I have files for G1 Ponies, G1 Play Sets & Pony Wear, G1 Merchandise and G3 Ponies. Oh, and then there's the full inventory lists for everything I have for sale. Phew!

Offline katrine2309

• Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 21, 2016, 02:37:16 AM »
Weeell, I only have 32 ponies (+ one G3, so then let's say 33 ponies) so it is not that much to count really ;) I am sure that if I had more I wouldn't have the slightest clue. I need to remind myself of the number every so often with the ones I have, so if I would have had more I would have need to pick one of the other options (most likely, the one where I lost count a long time ago :lol: )
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline Tracks

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 21, 2016, 04:04:27 AM »
My herd isn't that big at present so I do know who I've got and who I haven't got. 

I printed off all 27 sheets of the Dream Valley checklist the other day whilst hubby was at work (Don't think he knows about that yet!) and have had fun marking off the ones I've got and looking at who I really want to try and get

I'm no good with spreadsheets so when the herd gets bigger I'd probably resort to the old fashioned pen and paper method and make myself a list!

Offline Khayman81

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 21, 2016, 12:24:03 PM »
I take pictures of them, i place them home following a specific order in my head (which some people may not understand) and I have a file on my ipad and phone with the names, gender, picture and powers if they are unicorns, divided in genders, race, type and age... I place them as "movie ponies", unicorn, pegasi, earth ponies, flutter ponies, baby ponies, sea ponies, windy wing ponies, male ponies and hybrids (customized). All have their names, pictures, and misc. stuff i need to remember...
I see i am not the only one getting freaky with it :-)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 12:28:34 PM by Khayman81 »
My wish list
My sales
Instagram: mlpsanti
Check my eBay profile for sales https://www.ebay.es/usr/santiagroz0

Offline Emfen

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Scented Moonlight Pony
    • View Profile
    • MLW Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 21, 2016, 12:58:28 PM »
I used to be very neat about my collection, but after cohabiting with my fiancé and getting another cat, I had to prioritize other things. Still love to brush and note them down, but I have lost my track. My main collection are in tubs deep in the basement due to the tiny sized flat we share. Boo :(
~✿~| No longer actively collecting. |~✿~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal