collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Build-a-bear muffins  (Read 3780 times)

Offline Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: Build-a-bear muffins
« Reply #30 on: February 29, 2016, 10:29:11 PM »
Sunset, just wanted to drop a little thank you.  I missed Luna because of the type of work I do, and that little bit of info you gave probably saved me about $35.00 or so, but also gave a happy ending to a rough day.  Something else to look forward to!  ❤️ 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Emfen

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Scented Moonlight Pony
    • View Profile
    • MLW Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 29, 2016, 11:22:56 PM »
I got her! Eep! This marks a super happy moment as it comes along with many other positive changes in my life.  :frolic:
~✿~| No longer actively collecting. |~✿~

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2016, 05:38:15 PM »
Update from Build-a-Bear!

I ordered another Muffins and a bunch of goodies this week including some of the custom recordable sounds, but found that if you order online you can't record at home.  I called and got transferred to Guest Services at 877-789-2327 and found that:

1.  The recordable sounds that you can record yourself at home are available in some stores, but not all of them and not online.  Also many stores are phasing them out in favor of a new kind that must be recorded in the store on some sort of machine and it is unclear how long the home-recording ones will still be available so if you want one, get it now just in case!  Also they aren't supposed to let you record copyrighted material so if you want to record character quotes, you should do it at home.

2.  There are 4 ponies coming back in the Spring including Muffins:  Celestia, Luna, and Rainbow Dash.  There is no exact availability date, and while there are a lot of Muffins in stock right now, they aren't getting more when the others come in so get her now just in case!

3.  There a limited quantity of Celestia and Luna capes in stock right now, but they have no plans to get more to go with the Princesses when they come in so if you want outfits for them, don't wait until the Princesses come in.  I ordered my capes today.

4.  There are less than 100 Zecoras left in stock so grab her while you can.  I did.

5.  I didn't ask how many Applejacks are left in stock but I got mine.

6.  The "cub"-something box (that looks like a pet carrier) comes with the plush automatically unless you buy the gift box.  If you want the pet carrier style box, don't order the gift box.

7.  When I got such an adamant No on the home recording sounds and asked to speak to a supervisor, I was certain I was in for disappointment.  But when Libby from Guest Services got on the line, she really went the extra mile to satisfy me including calling the store near me to find out what they had in stock and confirm it did what I wanted, then she freely looked up and discussed everything I asked of her without rushing me off the phone.  Amazing customer service!!  Made me feel like it's perfectly normal to call up and talk about collecting expensive stuffed animals, for myself, from a kid's show. 

I will go pickup some home-recordable sound devices from the closest build-a-bear tomorrow, which is quite a trek on bike and somewhat expensive mass transit....I am ordering another Muffins because I am going to surprise a child at my church this Sunday with the one I just received.  She was so thrilled to see my teeny 1" Rainbow Dash button last Sunday and we talked about all our favorite characters and speculated who will be back in Season 6, and she always has a stuffed animal with her in church (never a pony) and she said she likes Muffins so I will give her mine, assuming her parents are OK with that (if not I'll have them give her my Muffins).  Sweeeeeeeet!  This is what Pony is all about, woohoo!

autieluna

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2016, 04:52:28 AM »
Update from Build-a-Bear!

I ordered another Muffins and a bunch of goodies this week including some of the custom recordable sounds, but found that if you order online you can't record at home.  I called and got transferred to Guest Services at 877-789-2327 and found that:

1.  The recordable sounds that you can record yourself at home are available in some stores, but not all of them and not online.  Also many stores are phasing them out in favor of a new kind that must be recorded in the store on some sort of machine and it is unclear how long the home-recording ones will still be available so if you want one, get it now just in case!  Also they aren't supposed to let you record copyrighted material so if you want to record character quotes, you should do it at home.

2.  There are 4 ponies coming back in the Spring including Muffins:  Celestia, Luna, and Rainbow Dash.  There is no exact availability date, and while there are a lot of Muffins in stock right now, they aren't getting more when the others come in so get her now just in case!

3.  There a limited quantity of Celestia and Luna capes in stock right now, but they have no plans to get more to go with the Princesses when they come in so if you want outfits for them, don't wait until the Princesses come in.  I ordered my capes today.

4.  There are less than 100 Zecoras left in stock so grab her while you can.  I did.

5.  I didn't ask how many Applejacks are left in stock but I got mine.

6.  The "cub"-something box (that looks like a pet carrier) comes with the plush automatically unless you buy the gift box.  If you want the pet carrier style box, don't order the gift box.

7.  When I got such an adamant No on the home recording sounds and asked to speak to a supervisor, I was certain I was in for disappointment.  But when Libby from Guest Services got on the line, she really went the extra mile to satisfy me including calling the store near me to find out what they had in stock and confirm it did what I wanted, then she freely looked up and discussed everything I asked of her without rushing me off the phone.  Amazing customer service!!  Made me feel like it's perfectly normal to call up and talk about collecting expensive stuffed animals, for myself, from a kid's show. 

I will go pickup some home-recordable sound devices from the closest build-a-bear tomorrow, which is quite a trek on bike and somewhat expensive mass transit....I am ordering another Muffins because I am going to surprise a child at my church this Sunday with the one I just received.  She was so thrilled to see my teeny 1" Rainbow Dash button last Sunday and we talked about all our favorite characters and speculated who will be back in Season 6, and she always has a stuffed animal with her in church (never a pony) and she said she likes Muffins so I will give her mine, assuming her parents are OK with that (if not I'll have them give her my Muffins).  Sweeeeeeeet!  This is what Pony is all about, woohoo!

That's so sweet, I'm sure she'll love Muffins!

I've been excited for Luna to come back in stock as I didn't get any BaB ponies yet and felt like I missed out, but I think I'm going to end up opting out anyways now because I really want a pricey toy (a ball-jointed doll) and while I love the BaB experience and wanted a pony one, I know I'll absolutely never play with her and it doesn't feel right. I hope everyone else enjoys her for me!

Offline TornadoLovesMelody

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Album (not updated)

lostpony

« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2016, 11:18:37 PM »
The Muffins delivery went great this morning, with her father's permission (and thanks).  I ran into her she was telling someone about me being a pony fan (which was quickly confirmed by opening my overshirt to reveal my Muffins T-shirt) and I said on that topic, here's a gift for you.  She immediately recognized it in particular and said "That's an online exclusive!  How....When...." and she bubbled on some more.  It was really great.  I got two hugs.  She said it was her favorite pony.

Further, she didn't know that the season 6 premiere is March 26 on Discovery Family (according to the ad on youtube that someone posted here in the Season 6 thread) and she confirmed she gets that channel so I was able to bring good news too.

:)

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2016, 04:56:06 AM »

lostpony

« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2016, 10:33:13 PM »
I think a few eBay sellers aren't so happy about it!  There are plenty that don't seem to know Luna is coming back too, and are going to get stuck with their overpriced inventory...their loss, our gain!

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2016, 03:56:10 AM »
The Muffins delivery went great this morning, with her father's permission (and thanks).  I ran into her she was telling someone about me being a pony fan (which was quickly confirmed by opening my overshirt to reveal my Muffins T-shirt) and I said on that topic, here's a gift for you.  She immediately recognized it in particular and said "That's an online exclusive!  How....When...." and she bubbled on some more.  It was really great.  I got two hugs.  She said it was her favorite pony.

Further, she didn't know that the season 6 premiere is March 26 on Discovery Family (according to the ad on youtube that someone posted here in the Season 6 thread) and she confirmed she gets that channel so I was able to bring good news too.

:)

Awww, that's wonderful!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal