collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Build-a-bear muffins  (Read 3795 times)

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Build-a-bear muffins
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2016, 03:45:12 AM »
Plus we still need to buy the outfits.  It's mandatory...can't have naked ponies...

Muffins doesn't have any, but I assume the Princess' outfits will be back? 

How about sound chip, does anypony know if there were sound chips and are they likely to bring those back?

autieluna

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2016, 03:57:02 AM »
The only sound chips I've ever even heard of were for some of the Mane 6...did they actually have one for all of the mane at one point? Or anyone else?

I'm looking it up and it seems like you're right about her never having an outfit...I swore I remembered something dark pink and bubble-covered though..maybe it was on some sort of custom Fashion Style.

lostpony

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2016, 04:25:47 AM »
I know Fluttershy, Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash and Applejack have them because I have those, (well except for Rainbow but I know it exists) and there is a generic one that plays the show music that's in my Rainbow Dash instead of her sayings.

I have read eBay descriptions that say there are single sayings as well as the 7 sayings (specifically on a Rainbow Dash that had one different saying in each front hoof, "20% cooler" and "Awesome", so the seller said, but I got outbid so I can't confirm).  I don't know about Pinkie or Rarity but I can't imagine making sayings and missing Pinkie.

I guess no one else had sounds then...too bad, Luna would probably have had some fun sayings.

So it's probably just the main 6 and the show song.

A Muffins cape with bubbles on it?  Coooool....might have been custom...

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2016, 05:46:55 AM »
30$ is still cheap compared to german BaBW prices :P A pony without any features (no heart, no voice, no stuff at all) costs 35€ (39$) here normally.
We dont have any MLP voices her at all sadly... the mlp theme was once available but now they dont offer it anymore. No scents either, just clothes and a beating heart....well ok and monkey screams, giggles and other silly voice-stuff :P
I wish we could at least get scents. Im almost smell blind but I can smell some things better than other, would have picked something I can easily smell <3 That would have been great lol.

I agree btw, Muffins is suuuuuper cute in person, I just adore her face <3 You wont be disappointed!!

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2016, 06:07:31 AM »

I have read eBay descriptions that say there are single sayings as well as the 7 sayings (specifically on a Rainbow Dash that had one different saying in each front hoof, "20% cooler" and "Awesome", so the seller said, but I got outbid so I can't confirm).

The single sayings are probably custom recorded sayings.  BAB does sell voice boxes that you can buy and record yourself and then have put in your pony/bear.

lostpony

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2016, 05:48:04 PM »
That's great information!  I just had a look at build-a-bear:

The heart is just $6 but, I wonder what it is like, seems creepy!  Does anyone have one of these?  Is it nice or weird?

Sunset, the 10-second custom sound is also available at $8. and you record it over the phone before they put it in. Sounds fun!  Looks like they have some Twilight Sparkle voice leftovers still in stock too.

Einhornbaby, there are several scents available at least in the US, not pony specific though (not sure we'd want a scent that is pony specific unless it was molasses oats or something).  I am hypersensitive to most artificial scents....if the scents are not available to you in Germany, someone here in the US should buy for you and ship to you unless there is some kind of customs restriction.  If no one else will do this for you I would be willing, just ask me; there will be multiple shipping charges of course.  Also as I was going on about, I did order my Muffins and she just came in...total price with her box and shipping was $42.  I'm completely pleased with her!  So glad I didn't end up having to pay more for an eBay used one like I did with all my other Bab ponies.

Looks like they currently have Fluttershy's sounds as well as Twilight's, Cadance and Luna's outfits, a few other outfits too, Applejack plushie and Zecora plushies right now.

Thanks everypony.  Learn something new every day!  I'll be thinking up a custom sound or two for the princesses for when they are back in stock.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 05:53:33 PM by lostpony »

autieluna

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2016, 07:17:21 PM »
I have one of the beating hearts in a toy of mine. You can feel it moreso than hear it, and it goes off 4 or 5 times per squeeze. This may not be all, but mine also has a clacky sound when you click the button. Doesn't bother me but maybe would for some people.

It's not something I'd put in a character toy, personally. I used it on a regular plush that I made to have important significance to me. I'm not sure if I'm explaining this so it makes sense, but it feels kind of odd putting a heartbeat in something that isn't emotionally special? Not that I'm judging haha, just for me. It's hard to explain?

I'm also really sensitive to scents. They let you smell the scents in store before getting one if you want! I got the strawberry scent, which smells like a strawberry shake or candy. I really like it, but I do have to take breaks and try not to inhale too hard. I wouldn't like it in a toy I slept with every night or anything like that. You can also push the little scent card into the body of your bear under the clothes or into the head to change how strong the smell is a little.

I'd like to give an opinion on the other scents, but I was so excited in BaB I grabbed the first one I liked.  :P

Has anyone tried the record it yourself option? It seems like quality of that might vary.

Offline Sunset

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2016, 07:36:58 PM »
I bought some of the recordable voice boxes in the store and took them home to record them.  That way I was able to keep re-recording until I got it the way I want. Then you can take it back and have them put it in even if you've already bought and stuffed the pony.

lostpony

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2016, 09:45:25 PM »
Autieluna, it makes sense to me that a heart is more for a closer emotional plushie than a collectible.  If it's not creepy in your close personal plushie then I should try one out.  I have a plushie that I like to curl up with that could be perfect.

Sunset, that's great they let you take it home to record, and even better that you can re-record.  I will definitely get some of those and have fun with them.

I often find that the problem with multiple-sound things is that I want to have a particular sound come up when I push the button so I am almost never satisfied with them because of the extra sounds.  The Rainbow Dash that sold with two different single-sounds on different hooves seemed like a really great idea to me because I could pick what sound I would get.  I'm compulsive, but ponies have 4 hooves and the recordable voice is cheap so I could really indulge myself with several of those.  They hold 10 seconds.

A little off topic, among my recent eBay purchases are two book-reading plushies that are close to the same size as a BaB:  a Rainbow Dash and a Cadance.  Rainbow tells four stories and sings short parts of 3 songs including about a quarter of True True Friend, and has good controls so I can select the one I want.  I just wish it played the whole song.  The sound effect for turning the page takes me back to LP story-books we had when I was a kid, like the Aristocats and I think I had Pinocchio.

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2016, 11:11:31 PM »

Einhornbaby, there are several scents available at least in the US, not pony specific though (not sure we'd want a scent that is pony specific unless it was molasses oats or something).  I am hypersensitive to most artificial scents....if the scents are not available to you in Germany, someone here in the US should buy for you and ship to you unless there is some kind of customs restriction.  If no one else will do this for you I would be willing, just ask me; there will be multiple shipping charges of course.  Also as I was going on about, I did order my Muffins and she just came in...total price with her box and shipping was $42.  I'm completely pleased with her!  So glad I didn't end up having to pay more for an eBay used one like I did with all my other Bab ponies.

Im happy to hear that you got Muffin pony :D shes super cute, isnt she? <3 And thank you a lot for your offer! I will remember this once Im planning to get another BaBW pony (I hope soon but need to keep an eye on funds before lol)

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 6v9
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2016, 04:30:17 AM »
Curious what year does it say on her tush tag? 2015 or 2016? I have the 2015 Muffins. If it says 2016 I might get it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Siggy made by tailrustedtealeaf

Offline Sunset

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2016, 11:06:00 AM »
Curious what year does it say on her tush tag? 2015 or 2016? I have the 2015 Muffins. If it says 2016 I might get it.

It says 2015.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2016, 12:38:17 PM »
Thats great she is showing up again for those not able to grab her the first time around :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

lostpony

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2016, 01:55:23 PM »
Pikashoes,

Mine says 2015 too. 

You know you want a spare.....you don't really need to eat or pay any bills....

I really like your muffins thumbnail.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2016, 04:29:41 PM »
This has nothing to do with the discussion, for which I apologise...

But the title of this thread makes me giggle :)

I have images of fluffy cupcakes being stuffed with foam pellets.

I clearly spent too long this evening doing proofreading...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal