collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: NEW Welovefine Deluxe Figure Discord and Fluttershy  (Read 6969 times)

Offline Eurocoin

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: NEW Welovefine Deluxe Figure Discord and Fluttershy
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2014, 07:51:35 PM »
I just woke up and saw the price (I went to bed before it was up on the site) $100 + international shipping&handling $86.69 + import taxes when it arrives $44,57 would make total of $230.26. Yeah, as much as I like Fluttershy, I'm not getting this.

Offline MidnightMocha

• Trade Count: (+249)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • But the stars in the sky look like home
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2014, 08:16:56 PM »
Warning: Opinion-

Price aside, I think the reason this figure bothers me is the attitude it has going on- the relationship between Fluttershy and Discord is NOT one of a scary beast and a pony with Stockholm Syndrome. This statue makes it look like weak little Fluttershy is being 'guarded' by an evil monster, which is a trope that is popular with (some) fans.

As far as I understand it, Fluttershy and Discord are the epitome of an odd couple (friend-wise), and it's played in the series to be meaningful, teaching, and overall sweet. This doesn't convey that and I feel that's what's missing.
Will always trade for limited edition/90s Pikachu stuff!

WhiteHeather

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2014, 09:07:30 PM »
It's cute, but I don't think I could ever justify $100 for a mass produced figure.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 09:09:43 PM by WhiteHeather »

Offline Noxxbunny

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2014, 10:53:32 PM »

Price aside, I think the reason this figure bothers me is the attitude it has going on- the relationship between Fluttershy and Discord is NOT one of a scary beast and a pony with Stockholm Syndrome. This statue makes it look like weak little Fluttershy is being 'guarded' by an evil monster, which is a trope that is popular with (some) fans.

As far as I understand it, Fluttershy and Discord are the epitome of an odd couple (friend-wise), and it's played in the series to be meaningful, teaching, and overall sweet. This doesn't convey that and I feel that's what's missing.

The same thing bothers me. Why did they have to give him a face like he's scheming or something? Though, I can imagine why they felt like they should. There probably would've been too much "Discord doesn't look like a villain!! It's too cute! I hate it!" backlash. If they wanted to do an evil looking Discord...they should've just given him his own individual figure instead of one with Fluttershy. I'd really like this figure if they looked like they were friends.

Offline MidnightMocha

• Trade Count: (+249)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • But the stars in the sky look like home
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2014, 10:57:42 PM »

The same thing bothers me. Why did they have to give him a face like he's scheming or something? Though, I can imagine why they felt like they should. There probably would've been too much "Discord doesn't look like a villain!! It's too cute! I hate it!" backlash. If they wanted to do an evil looking Discord...they should've just given him his own individual figure instead of one with Fluttershy. I'd really like this figure if they looked like they were friends.

Discord isn't even really evil, he's chaotic, and it isn't the same thing. Nightmare Moon, Chrysalis, Sombra fall more on the evil side but they always get played as being cutesy. Not sure why Discord is somehow "supposed" to look evil.
Will always trade for limited edition/90s Pikachu stuff!

Offline Noxxbunny

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 09, 2014, 11:58:56 PM »

Discord isn't even really evil, he's chaotic, and it isn't the same thing. Nightmare Moon, Chrysalis, Sombra fall more on the evil side but they always get played as being cutesy. Not sure why Discord is somehow "supposed" to look evil.

Way too many people think they're the same thing. I just take this from previous online tantrums thrown by people. People who like Discord to appear evil seem to be at the very least, a vocal population.

Offline Falconaitae

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2014, 01:05:17 AM »
The figure doesn't look bad at all, but even if I forget about shipping costs, I can't forget, that for $100 you could get a nice custom plushie, which would be really unique, unlike some mass produced figure. And let's be honest, it's not really a pony toy, and pony toys are what I collect :)
My pony blog
It's better to be a famous drunkard, than an anonymous alcoholic

Offline moonsugar

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • my Tumblr blog (may occasionally contain adult content)
« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2014, 02:43:07 AM »
Urrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh.

I REALLY want this figure. But, as an international customer, it's $150- and because I'm hosting a party soon, I literally do not have $150 to my name at the moment. I'm worried they're going to sell out before I can afford to buy one! I don't have a credit card, either. :(
:fox:

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2014, 03:16:38 AM »

Way too many people think they're the same thing. I just take this from previous online tantrums thrown by people. People who like Discord to appear evil seem to be at the very least, a vocal population.

Because he IS a villain. He nearly destroyed Equestria three times and hardly had any problem betraying Fluttershy (and everyone else) in order to team up with Tirek. He is clearly not some mindles drone who can't control his actions. So his choice to destroy Equestria and betray his "friends" was very deliberate.
If one villain isn't really a villain than that's probably Chrysalis. Her kind needs to feed on love in order to survive. That's a lot less evil than a creature that torments others for fun.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Scraleos

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2014, 07:38:01 AM »
Woulda loved this if it wasn't $100.

Trade | Wanted | Pony Plushies

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2014, 07:41:47 AM »
I like the look but I spit out my water reading the price....

Nope don't think so.

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2014, 07:46:31 AM »
Hundred bucks!!! :ack:

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 10, 2014, 09:08:37 AM »

I REALLY want this figure. But, as an international customer, it's $150- and because I'm hosting a party soon, I literally do not have $150 to my name at the moment. I'm worried they're going to sell out before I can afford to buy one! I don't have a credit card, either. :(

Don't worry, if it sells out absolutely have a SECOND third or fourth "limited" edition of the same thing.  Like they have done with every other figure they have produced.  And if the figure is still popular, they might also have a variation like making it metallic or flocked...  these figures are NOT limited. 

Offline Noxxbunny

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 10, 2014, 09:36:56 AM »

Because he IS a villain. He nearly destroyed Equestria three times and hardly had any problem betraying Fluttershy (and everyone else) in order to team up with Tirek. He is clearly not some mindles drone who can't control his actions. So his choice to destroy Equestria and betray his "friends" was very deliberate.
If one villain isn't really a villain than that's probably Chrysalis. Her kind needs to feed on love in order to survive. That's a lot less evil than a creature that torments others for fun.

Yeah, but it still doesn't fit the theme of this figure. Plus, the show keeps telling us that he's now permanently reformed.  Like what was said earlier, it looks like Fluttershy is being guarded by a monster. I don't think it was a very good choice for facial expression. I would've like to see more of an obvious friendship vibe.

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2014, 09:37:42 AM »

Don't worry, if it sells out absolutely have a SECOND third or fourth "limited" edition of the same thing.  Like they have done with every other figure they have produced.  And if the figure is still popular, they might also have a variation like making it metallic or flocked...  these figures are NOT limited.
they are telling people this is the only run for the Discord/Fluttershy figure, but i do agree that i imagine at least one other variant in the future. Maybe a flocked variant.
I am kinda surprised that they charge you upfront if you buy/pre-order one, but i can understand that since an anime figure/nendoroid i am getting I paid upfront too.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal