collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 969
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: I'm so fascinated by 80's toys..  (Read 2578 times)

Offline Spike

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Monochrome
    • View Profile
I'm so fascinated by 80's toys..
« on: February 24, 2013, 11:06:46 PM »
I don't know what it is about them. They just say "LOOK AT ME STANDING OUT!" to me. I love 'em so much. I collect MLP, CPK now (this is new because I am making a few trades but I love them).. GloWorms too..

How do you feel about 80's toys?

Offline Applejack

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
Re: I'm so fascinated by 80's toys..
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 11:12:38 PM »
I love 80's toys! I have a handful of MLPs from that time as well some Carebears....CPKs and Barbies XD

I would love to get more someday!  :frolic:
Everything has to be about 20% cooler ^_^

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 11:26:01 PM »
I was born in the 80s, so of course I have always loved "my" toys. MLP, Barbie, Masters of the Universe, Dino Riders, Rainbow Brite, ....
Life was wonderful with them!!

Offline Dawn

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 11:38:31 PM »
I was born in 1990, but I mainly had stuff from the 80s that was bought at jumble sales - so MLP, Keypers and Fairy Tail Birds are really nostalgic for me.
I also like the fact that they're mainly pastel colours. In the 90s, toys and their packaging started being mainly magenta, hot pink and purple ('m guessing at some point, market research discovered that little girls like these colours more? idk) and I really hate that because everything looks so harsh and ugly. I just like the way pastel colours look when they're displayed together, it looks so cute and everything matches! :)

Offline Spike

• Dabbles Pony
  • Monochrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 12:02:07 AM »
I was born in 1990, but I mainly had stuff from the 80s that was bought at jumble sales - so MLP, Keypers and Fairy Tail Birds are really nostalgic for me.
I also like the fact that they're mainly pastel colours. In the 90s, toys and their packaging started being mainly magenta, hot pink and purple ('m guessing at some point, market research discovered that little girls like these colours more? idk) and I really hate that because everything looks so harsh and ugly. I just like the way pastel colours look when they're displayed together, it looks so cute and everything matches! :)

I'm looking at my Steamer and Salty and thinking "Yeah I really like the pastel look too.." Now they're just.. Ugh! I hate it.

SailorSonazaki1995

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 12:42:05 AM »
I love them! I collect Moondreamers, She-ra, Lady Lovely Locks, and of course My Little Pony :D

Offline blonde2themax

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 01:50:35 AM »
Love them. I collect Surprise pets, My little pony, Princess Gwenevere, and she-ra's horses :D!!!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Thanks Shenanigans for my sig & Sirithfin for my profile pic :D!
My Sales Page :D!http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,319444.msg580218.html#msg580218
My G3 and Season Swap Wishlisthttp://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,327117.new.html#new

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 05:26:19 AM »
I love the 80's toys!! But then I was born in the early 80's to!!!! So they remind me of good times and the good old days. :)  But I am only collecting the ponies at the moment.

Offline Spike

• Dabbles Pony
  • Monochrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2013, 06:09:59 AM »
But I was born in very early 90's and just LOVE them! I grew up with lots of them. I even have this GloWorm I had as a child. Well, not the same one but the EXACT same one. Lol if that made sense. I had ponies, CPKs, other things.. I just love the feeling of having old things and even things I didn't have I still love. They just remind me of my childhood so much because I LOVED toys as a kid and used to take a toy to school EVERYDAY until about grade 9! I always took Bowtie to school. I was teased lots because of it, but eh. I love ponies and I love toys. ^_^ I guess I'm fascinated because of my childhood memories.

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2013, 07:17:17 AM »
I was born in the 80's so all the toys I had were generation one:  mlp, cabbage patch, carebears, etc.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2013, 07:47:37 AM »
I think kids of the 80s had some of the best toys! I was a child of the 90s and think I would have been happier with 80s stuff.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2013, 07:59:02 AM »
 :lovey: 80s toys

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2013, 08:05:16 AM »
I think antique toys are pretty awesome too.  It seems like there were not as many produced, but they were often very detailed with working parts and metal pieces. 

Then in the 70s and 80s you got an explosion of plastic toys and they were generally pretty detailed.  Some of the finer points were dumbed down (like Barbie dresses no longer had zippers), but over all there was a lot of cute stuff.

I felt like the 90s had a lack of toys, or at least a lack of toys I thought were cute and detailed.  It seemed like more short cuts were taken and you no longer had all the little things that made something extra special.  Either that, or I just disliked everything out there and thought everything looked cheaper and silly (with some exceptions of course).

But now in the last decade or so we have been seeing really cool things again!  I see stuff at stores that I would have bought as a kid all the time now.  Plus we now have more toys catering to the adult collector as well as stuff for kids.  Maybe it is because the adults making toy decisions now were the kids of the 70s and 80s who have fond memories of all these toys.  Just look at all the conventions out there.  We are a "toy" crazed people. 

nsunshine

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2013, 08:15:35 AM »
of course!!! My parents were into their 50's when they had me and my siblings had kids that were my age!!! I was a alone child (Not exactly lonely) so all I had was my toys!!! I remember seeing a He-Man show for the first time at my cousins house, and when Disney would do a free channel preview for a week or so, I remember they had "My Little Pony' episodes on there!!!! (Though I think that was in the 90's!)
It was when I grew up and really discovered the internet did my love for 80's toys explode!!!! Now I have masses of them and love when people come into my home and are in a 'time capsule' state!!!

Offline Dludnerad

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • ice cream and llamas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2013, 09:09:15 AM »
80's toys are waaay better than 70's toys ever were.
(the only 70's toy I liked were the jointed barbie/big jim horses)

Things of the 80's were vibrant and uplifting. It was okay for toys to be silly, ugly or rude (like madballs and razzcals). They no longer needed grown-up approval :)

I see it... Can you see it too...? :shocked:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal